*| | Denim _ School | |*

A753B181-13F2-48DD-9EFE-4923D0592108.jpeg

first pair of raw denim. Just a bit too tight lol. Will size up next time.

Lean Dean vs. Thin Finn vs Grim Tim?

What's everyone's preference and why? I'm a tall slim dude 6'3" 185 and looking for the right fit between these three "slim" cuts.

I know nothing about expensive denim..and at the risk of getting dragged in here...what's the consensus on Evisu Jean's? I know I'm like 15-20 years late :lol: but I like the look of the simpler ones. Just figured I'd ask before i go and drop $350

Any input Is appreciated

I know nothing about expensive denim..and at the risk of getting dragged in here...what's the consensus on Evisu Jean's? I know I'm like 15-20 years late :lol: but I like the look of the simpler ones. Just figured I'd ask before i go and drop $350

Any input Is appreciated
It’s all about what you want at the end of the day. In the realm of raw denim or denim in general, there’s definitely some brands with more obnoxious designs so I like some of Evisu’s more muted styles. They make quality jeans so I don’t think you’re losing much in terms of quality but for $350, you could definitely get better quality stuff. Check out Momotaro, PBJ (personal fav brands), but there’s a bunch of great offerings.
Make sure you size correctly so you don’t waste your money or have to end up spending in returns.

Good luck!

What's everyone's preference and why? I'm a tall slim dude 6'3" 185 and looking for the right fit between these three "slim" cuts.

i've had a bunch of nudies...if you can get em on sale, they are pretty good.

i've literally tried them all...from the H&Ms/ZARA/TOPMANs of the world....to Nudies, APCs, Gustins, some Japanese stuff...all the way to YSL, Celine, Gucci...

in the end it depends on body type to fit + preference of 100% cotton vs mixed blend (imo)....

I've come to the conclusion that Acne Jeans are right at the price point that equals quality + variety

i realized i didn't answer your question getback getback

for the most part it seem's they are similar except for what they call the "yoke"

for the most part the yoke impacts how they sit from hip (in my experience)...

I've only had thin finns, but even within individual models - it can depend on how you want it to fit. For stretch denim (most comapnies) i can go in a range of 2-3 sizes, and it will impact whether it becomes SLIM vs Super Skinny. But same sizes among those three shouldn't be TOO different unless you are a body builder with crazy small vs thick lower body.

i realized i didn't answer your question getback getback

for the most part it seem's they are similar except for what they call the "yoke"

for the most part the yoke impacts how they sit from hip (in my experience)...

I've only had thin finns, but even within individual models - it can depend on how you want it to fit. For stretch denim (most comapnies) i can go in a range of 2-3 sizes, and it will impact whether it becomes SLIM vs Super Skinny. But same sizes among those three shouldn't be TOO different unless you are a body builder with crazy small vs thick lower body.

Thanks for the response. Yeah the Thin Finns look like they have weird pockets and that "carrot" shape. I'll probably try for the Grim Tims or Lean Deans and go from there.

Thanks for the response. Yeah the Thin Finns look like they have weird pockets and that "carrot" shape. I'll probably try for the Grim Tims or Lean Deans and go from there.

yep no problem - the yoke's placement can have a pretty significant impact depending on your body type (especially for stretch denim)....

outside of all the obvious ones, if you like to have a looser waist (some people size up on skinny jeans) it can turn low-waist jeans into mid-waist.

denim fit has so many variables...i've become very particular, but also realize it's sometimes just a crapshoot.

Are there any females in this thread. I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into a nicer pair of denim. Just looking for a place to start. I like Nudies but I'm not sure I'll convince her to spend that much.

I'll preface this by saying i'm washed....

But do people still wear 100% denim these days?

I remember pulling on a pair of full denim jeans after a few years of exclusively wearing stretch and it was genuinely upsetting how ****ty they felt :lol:

I'll preface this by saying i'm washed....

But do people still wear 100% denim these days?

I remember pulling on a pair of full denim jeans after a few years of exclusively wearing stretch and it was genuinely upsetting how ****ty they felt :lol:

I dont know I don’t think so but I’m also 110% washed

Hella late but I'm a Grim Tim guy. It's the baggiest of the skinnies and as I've gotten older I haven't really love too skinny a fit. Long term wise I feel like these are the best bang for your buck.

I have some lean dean's too but I don't love em like my GTs

Back
Top Bottom