*| | Denim _ School | |*

20230113_191245.jpg
20230113_195824.jpg

D76BEF5F-6B6D-4F9E-B7AC-598EAE10B1D1.jpeg

Grabbed these over the last month. Lee 101s & Pure Blues I got on Cultizm during there Xmas sale. The Polo selvedge I got on there website when they had there 40% off sale.

Anyone has their selvedge denim hemmed by a tailor? Worried they might mess up the selvedge if I take them to a regular tailor.

In your experiences, is Orslow’s sizing really hit or miss?
I had a size 5 (or xl) pair of 107s that have been through like 4 or 5 repairs and can’t take it anymore. The material is paper thin and keeps shredding at the knee so I got a new pair, same size, and they were 1-2” too small in the waist. This was the ivy 2 year wash.
I have another pair of 105s, same wash, and they fit with room to spare…

Need some recommendations from you experts:

5’7” so would like something 30L (or shorter if possible)

Bigger thighs/calves, would like something that’s not skinny/super tight, but not baggy. Slim fit has worked so far

Tapered so the bottom sits on top/barely covers the shoe

Hard to find any of the bigger brands that make anything shorter than a 30 in store

Bigger thighs/calves, would like something that’s not skinny/super tight, but not baggy. Slim fit has worked so far

Hard to find any of the bigger brands that make anything shorter than a 30 in store
Budget?

Every site has descriptions and sizes of their fits. They explain the difference between vanity sizing and true sizing also how to measure the jeans that fit you the best (this is what you base your size on) Not to mention a lot of sites also offering a hemming service when you purchase

I suggest trying SoSoClothing.se first. These are custom jeans that you design and you pick sizing and fit. You can also change any of the size specs for and extra $10-15? They always have 20-30% off coupons as well. Get a great pair for less than $200 depending on what options you add.

I’d like to stay below $200 if possible

Every site has descriptions and sizes of their fits. They explain the difference between vanity sizing and true sizing also how to measure the jeans that fit you the best (this is what you base your size on) Not to mention a lot of sites also offering a hemming service when you purchase

I suggest trying SoSoClothing.se first. These are custom jeans that you design and you pick sizing and fit. You can also change any of the size specs for and extra $10-15? They always have 20-30% off coupons as well. Get a great pair for less than $200 depending on what options you add.

Appreciate it! I guess the biggest thing so far is not having an idea of where to look first as far as websites go. I’ll check that site out today!

Appreciate it! I guess the biggest thing so far is not having an idea of where to look first as far as websites go. I’ll check that site out today!

Not saying you have to buy from them, and Im not saying that they are the "best"

BUT, for "bespoke" options, they are the pinnacle IMO. You have way more options than you need. Sign up for their email and they are constantly having big sales/discount codes. Also takes about 2-3 weeks to get your jeans (handmade) pretty quick IMO

WHERE YOU LOCATED?
I WOULD RECOMMEND TRYING ON STUFF IN STORE IF YOU CAN

I’m in Champaign about 2 hours south of Chicago. Only nice places we got with denim is the buckle but I don’t really care for the super flashy stuff they typically carry
looks like they have enough brands that you can atleast get an idea of sizing and order from elsewhere if they dont have exactly what youre looking for

i will say that I've found that most selvedge labeled as "ivy" or ivy league tends to be on the shorter side in terms of length which i gravitate towards since im short
check out studio d artisan ivy style joints

For whatever reason, I am a super cheap person when it comes to raw denim. I did find some Nake and Famous jeans for $99 though. I am sure it has been discussed on her before but what is everyone's overall opinion on Nake and Famous? I know they are sort of kooky with their collabs but are they respectable in any way?

Was thinking about these that have a nice light and dark texture to them.

naked-and-famous-fire-bird-selvedge-weird-guy-8_1088x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom