*| | Denim _ School | |*

According to their site: "All jeans bought in-store at SESF, SENY, SELA, or SEPDX will be hemmed with our chainstitching machine at no extra cost to you, all previously owned jeans can be brought into the store to be chainstitched for a fee of $25." and "Chainstitching takes between 2 and 5 days at all stores." Doesn't mention anything about shipping it out after, but couldn't hurt to ask.

THEY TEND TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND... ESPECIALLY IF YOU PAYING FOR IT .. DONT SEE THEM SAYING THEY WONT SHIP IT OUT IF YOURE ONLY IN TOWN FOR LETS SAY 2 DAYS AND IT TAKES 5

That’s the only way to be man, don’t let others dictate what you like

As far as breaking in, wear them for 2 weeks straight. After that, they should be mostly broken in. My 32oz pair (not the N&F pair) after being worn for almost a year is now my most comfortable pair. Definitely worth waiting for after the break in
How do you wash or do you dry clean?

I soak mine in the tub. Room temp water with Woolite. Lay jeans in inside out, Agitate the water, flip the jeans, then pull the jeans right side out and repeat. I let them sit 20 min each side. Then drain water and soak in clean water no soap for 30 min. Then hang dry

I have washed one pair in the washing machine on gentle inside out and they seemed to do okay.

There is no “right or wrong way” to wash them. I just hold off as long as I can 🤣

Last edited:
anyone have any thoughts on samurai jeans? i may be leaving LA soon, and am considering getting anothr pair of jeans before I go since I won't have a place to trty them on anymore.

also just considering getting another pair of PBJs :rofl:

anyone have any thoughts on samurai jeans? i may be leaving LA soon, and am considering getting anothr pair of jeans before I go since I won't have a place to trty them on anymore.

You cant go wrong with Samurai or PBJ :wink:
But if you dont own a pair of Samurai, I would highly recommend adding a pair to your rotation.

Currently wearing my Iron Heart XHSib 888. Glad the weather is finally cool enough to pull out my heavy weight denims

Got a pair back in 2012 still have them great quality jeans still going strong.

Last edited:
IMG_9763.jpeg

Went to hinoya, landed on these. These are slim tapered fit, i sized up one and they fit perfect. Cant wait to start wearing these.

Ive had these Iron Hearts since the early pandemic and hated them. Since I’ve moved they’re the only jeans I have unpacked and I’ve worn them every day for two weeks. Compliment after compliment, which I find kinda odd, but they really are that nice. I guess they’re growing on me. They’re a little slimmer in the hips than I prefer, but I’m just fat.
A9EB3CFA-8BE4-4D52-A7A9-6BC027CB052A.jpeg

Ive had these Iron Hearts since the early pandemic and hated them. Since I’ve moved they’re the only jeans I have unpacked and I’ve worn them every day for two weeks. Compliment after compliment, which I find kinda odd, but they really are that nice. I guess they’re growing on me. They’re a little slimmer in the hips than I prefer, but I’m just fat.
A9EB3CFA-8BE4-4D52-A7A9-6BC027CB052A.jpeg
NEVER GOT COMPLIMENTS ON A REGULAR *** PAIR OF JEANS TILL I STARTED UP WEARING SELVEDGE AGAIN.
ALOT OF " THOSE FIT YOU VERY WELL" FROM LADIES IN MY LIFE .. ITS A GOOD COMPLIMENT :smokin

NEVER GOT COMPLIMENTS ON A REGULAR *** PAIR OF JEANS TILL I STARTED UP WEARING SELVEDGE AGAIN.
ALOT OF " THOSE FIT YOU VERY WELL" FROM LADIES IN MY LIFE .. ITS A GOOD COMPLIMENT :smokin

Just remember to leave it at that. Try to give as few details as you can about your denim. They complement, say thank you, keep it moving.
They don't want to hear about what they are and how often or not often you wash them :rofl:

Last edited:
i have some japanese made 501s I have lived in for the past 6 months, will they shrink if I wash them? They are a little big

i have some japanese made 501s I have lived in for the past 6 months, will they shrink if I wash them? They are a little big

Depends on if they’re raw/unsanforized or not.

If they are, then yes they will shrink. If they’re sanforized then they were already washed and preshrunk.

Couple questions.

When you bought them were they already distressed or were they a solid, dark blue color?

If they were distressed then most likely they’ve been washed/pre-shrunk

If they were a solid dark blue and somewhat rigid, they’re most likely raw

If they were a a solid dark blue (and presumably raw), and they haven’t touched water yet, they will shrink

Depends on if they’re raw/unsanforized or not.

If they are, then yes they will shrink. If they’re sanforized then they were already washed and preshrunk.

Couple questions.

When you bought them were they already distressed or were they a solid, dark blue color?

If they were distressed then most likely they’ve been washed/pre-shrunk

If they were a solid dark blue and somewhat rigid, they’re most likely raw

If they were a a solid dark blue (and presumably raw), have you washed them yet?

If they haven’t touched water and they’re raw, they will shrink
Solid Dark Blue
Rigid (Very)
Haven't touched water

Picked up a pair of double indigo PBJ's about a month ago from the new Blue in Green.

Been trying to find a pair of sneakers to buy, with the specific intent that the indigo crocks / rubs off onto the shoes themselves. Was thinking a light grey suede pair of dunks or AM1s or something - any suggestions?

Supreme has some selvedge jeans releasing this week, a "baggy" and a "slim" fit in a rigid or stonewashed finish. Anyone had any experience with selvedge from Supreme before or have any clue who/where they are made? Expected pricing is sub-$200 and there is little info I can find currently.

Anyone have a favorite brand? I have a few, but I've recently been enamored by Oni. I'm waiting on my second pair in the past few months.

Polo all day... but their selvedge selection is limited. I do like some of their other types of jeans, like these woven yarn stretch pair, very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom