Deodorant

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

i need some new stuff. my deodorant DESTROYS my white tees
sick.gif

any deodorant that doesnt leave yellow stains?
Real talk.. I sweat a lot too so the deodorant plus the sweat absolutely KILLS my shirts.
The old spice gel sticks used to mess up all my white shirts, I had to switch.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

i need some new stuff. my deodorant DESTROYS my white tees
sick.gif

any deodorant that doesnt leave yellow stains?
Real talk.. I sweat a lot too so the deodorant plus the sweat absolutely KILLS my shirts.

the yellow stains comes from the aluminum in the deodorant. find an aluminum-free one.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Axe Dry for me.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was the type that would sweat for no reason.
laugh.gif

I switched to Axe dry like 6 months ago and havent had a problem since.

old spice..... clinical for after showers in the evening and regular high endurance during the day and after the gym

Here are 7 ingredients to avoid when choosing your deodorant:

Aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly or any aluminum compounds.
Aluminum is absorbed through the skin and accumulates inthe body. It has been suggested that there is an association between aluminum and Alzheimer's disease.

Parabens (methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl and butyl), are all derived from toluene, a toxic petrochemical derivative. Toluene is toxic ifswallowed or inhaled. It is also harmful in contact with the skin. There is some evidence that repeated exposure to toluene may cause reproductive harm. Since2000, 13 research studies have shown that various types of parabens act like estrogen in animals and in tissue culture. Estrogen is known to drive the growthof cancerous cells.

Triclosan is a skin irritant and may cause contact dermatitis. It may kill healthy bacteria as well as harmful bacteria. It may containcarcinogenic contaminants. It is stored in body fat and is classified as a pesticide by the FDA.

Talc is classified as a carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer if it contains asbestiform fibers. The quantity ofasbestiform fibers in cosmetic grade talc is unregulated. If talc is listed on the label, there is no way of knowing whether or not it contains asbestiformfibers.

Propylene glycol absorbs quickly through the skin and is a penetration enhancers. It may cause delayed allergic reactions. NIOSH sayspropylene glycol is a neurotoxin and may cause kidney or liver damage. The EPA says it's not fully investigated for carcinogenic potential.

*Silica is a skin irritant. It may be contaminated with crystalline quartz, which is a carcinogen.

Steareth-n (n may be any number like say 100), may be vegetable derived but is reacted with ethylene oxide (ethoxylated), a known humancarcinogen.

Instead choose deodorants with ingredients like vegetable glycerin, natural preservatives like bioflavanoids and lichen, herbs or herbal extracts, de-ionizedwater or distilled water, green tea, aloe vera, baking soda and essential oils.

A word of caution: Plant extracts listed on labels can already contain parabens and propylene glycol. These do not have to be listed on thelabel. Very few herbs supplied to manufacturers are free of parabens or other synthetic preservatives unless they are extracted in vegetable glycerine. To makesure that the products you buy are healthy and free of these harmful chemicals, call the deodorant manufacturer and ask them for detailed information.

*Silica is actually a mineral that is necessary for health, but it can be contaminated with crystalline quartz, which is a carcinogen. Silicais not the carcinogen. The contaminant is. There is no way of knowing from reading the label if the contaminant is present. Manufacturers are not required tolist contaminants.

NIOSH reported at last count, approximately 2,983 ingredients that are detrimental to our health. For those of us who like a handout to help others, BarryPublications in Littleton, CO, 1(888)209-0510 presents a list of several products, warnings, ingredients and long-term exposure harms, i.e.: perfume/cologne -Most scents contain enough alcohol to harm or kill a child after ingesting only a few swallow. Many ingredients can irritate the skin and burn the eyes.Contains formaldehyde, toluene, petroleum distillates. Can depress the central nervous system, cause cancer, chronic irritation of the lungs and skin....and onand on and on.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

I try to be conscious of these things. Unfortunately, nearly ALL products contain at least one harmful ingredient. Those that don't (at least in this case)seem to not be as effective.

What's a dude to do?!
mad.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Propylene glycol absorbs quickly through the skin and is a penetration enhancers. It may cause delayed allergic reactions. NIOSH says propylene glycol is a neurotoxin and may cause kidney or liver damage. The EPA says it's not fully investigated for carcinogenic potential.

My regular has this.

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom