Deodorant

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

ohwell.gif
This is basically saying don't use deodorant?

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

I try to be conscious of these things. Unfortunately, nearly ALL products contain at least one harmful ingredient. Those that don't (at least in this case) seem to not be as effective.

What's a dude to do?!
mad.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
click here.

also give this a try if you like.
wink.gif

can anyone recommend a good deodorant that they carry in the grocery store (i'm not trying to order deodorant online), that does NOT contain aluminum. Ineed something strong and effective that will not leave my white tees w/ giants yellow marks

was using that Adidas 24 Hr Cotton Tech stuff..
pimp.gif
...except they stoppedmaking it
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CJ003

whats the best aluminum free deodorant out there?

I've been looking this up and the best easily available over-the-counter one is Adidas. It's also free of some of the other stuff on that list. Youhave to read the ingredients though, it's only a few of them that don't have it.

the rest that I found are online-only organic ones that are like $6+ per stick/spray at least.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

I try to be conscious of these things. Unfortunately, nearly ALL products contain at least one harmful ingredient. Those that don't (at least in this case) seem to not be as effective.

What's a dude to do?!
mad.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
Pit Rok.

pitrok_-_natural_crystal_deodorant.jpg

I've been using it for about 5 years now. Works great and it's cheap as anything - one stick lasts for ages. I don't think I've ever used oneup - I just throw it away if it cracks or is getting old.

It's weird at first because you still sweat - it just doesn't stink. My pits feel good and it works really well.

from Speed Stick's FAQ:

I heard that there is an aluminum ingredient in antiperspirants that's been linked to Alzheimer's disease. Is this true?

Speed Stick[emoji]174[/emoji] antiperspirants are safe. In addition to our own stringent safety standards, Speed Stick[emoji]174[/emoji] products meet all applicable regulations and guidelines of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, European Union and governmental bodies around the world. We are dedicated to ensuring the safety of all our products. A review of current research on the subject has found no evidence of a proven link indicating aluminum as the causative agent of Alzheimer's disease. In fact, according to an official at the National Institute on Aging, "There are currently more researchers who have decided that the metal is innocuous than those who consider it a threat." Aluminum, the third most common element on the earth, is essentially found everywhere. Even our daily diet has some aluminum in it. In fact, both a Food and Drug Administration food study and recent information from the Department of Health and Human Services showed that we consume approximately 7-9 mg of aluminum per day in foods such as tea or baked goods made with baking powder. Health remedies such as antacids, buffered aspirin and vaccines also contain aluminum. These are drug products that have been reviewed by the FDA and deemed to be safe and effective. The FDA also recognizes that the amount of aluminum from antiperspirants that might be absorbed through the skin is insignificant.

Back
Top Bottom