Derek Jeter won another Gold Glove

Originally Posted by Proshares

There were 3 more suitable candidates out there. Kinda shocked he won it. Now it Wright wins it over Zimmerman again...
I knew you would come back with that
laugh.gif
.  No denying that Zimmerman earned it though.  I'm not mad at Jeter, just wanted to point out the ******ed, traditional %%*+*!%$ that are baseball writers.

Originally Posted by JD617

And you can't really quantify range, can you?
-11.8, dead last among qualified AL shortstops.

But those jumping throws are so pretty.

There were 3 more suitable candidates out there. Kinda shocked he won it. Now it Wright wins it over Zimmerman again...
laugh.gif
.  No denying that Zimmerman earned it though.  I'm not mad at Jeter, just wanted to point out the ******ed, traditional %%*+*!%$ that are baseball writers.

Originally Posted by JD617

And you can't really quantify range, can you?
-11.8, dead last among qualified AL shortstops.

But those jumping throws are so pretty.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
.  No denying that Zimmerman denies it though.  I'm not mad at Jeter, just wanted to point out the ******ed, traditional %%*+*!%$ that are baseball writers.

laugh.gif
 That still irks me to this day.  But seriously, no one cares about this award.  You either know or don't know who's good in the field.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
.  No denying that Zimmerman denies it though.  I'm not mad at Jeter, just wanted to point out the ******ed, traditional %%*+*!%$ that are baseball writers.

laugh.gif
 That still irks me to this day.  But seriously, no one cares about this award.  You either know or don't know who's good in the field.

JD617:
Which is a bigger joke, Jeter continuing to win Gold Gloves or Kobe continuing to make All-Defensive 1st Teams?
Separate that two ways: question the individual, evaluate his peers.

1: Individually, who is the better defender, Kobe or Jeter? I say Kobe.
2: Regarding peers, who has the lowest number of peers who reasonably deserve defensive honors over him? I say Kobe has a lower number. The only guards that comes to mind that should be getting 1st Team over Kobe are Wade and Wallace.

JD617:
Which is a bigger joke, Jeter continuing to win Gold Gloves or Kobe continuing to make All-Defensive 1st Teams?
Separate that two ways: question the individual, evaluate his peers.

1: Individually, who is the better defender, Kobe or Jeter? I say Kobe.
2: Regarding peers, who has the lowest number of peers who reasonably deserve defensive honors over him? I say Kobe has a lower number. The only guards that comes to mind that should be getting 1st Team over Kobe are Wade and Wallace.

AMP...check
KLJ...check
SKA...check

All we need is Dirk to check in and it's a party!

BTW, you know he had to be fuming when he saw Jeter won over Elvis
laugh.gif

AMP...check
KLJ...check
SKA...check

All we need is Dirk to check in and it's a party!

BTW, you know he had to be fuming when he saw Jeter won over Elvis
laugh.gif

I'm serious. What kind of man accepts an award he has to know he doesn't deserve? He's probably more embarrassed than anything else.

I'm sure those don't get any visibility in the trophy case.

I'm serious. What kind of man accepts an award he has to know he doesn't deserve? He's probably more embarrassed than anything else.

I'm sure those don't get any visibility in the trophy case.

You know how fickle MLB writers/voters are. Most of those old geezers will take that as a slap in the face of the history of the game.

You know how fickle MLB writers/voters are. Most of those old geezers will take that as a slap in the face of the history of the game.

Back
Top Bottom