Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Why not?

I don't think there is an option to say

"hey guys...you know what...i don't deserve this..give it to someone else"

no one would ever do that.
Ving Rhames gave his golden globe to Jack Lemmon

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Based on Jeters numbers, hegot what he deserved. He had the least errors for his position. Its weird that most NY newspapers argue Jeter didn't deserve it.

Of course he had the least amount of errors, because he got to the least amount of balls. Errors are not the best way to judge fielding ability. Even the NY papers aren't gonna use that argument.

Based on Jeters numbers, hegot what he deserved. He had the least errors for his position. Its weird that most NY newspapers argue Jeter didn't deserve it.

Of course he had the least amount of errors, because he got to the least amount of balls. Errors are not the best way to judge fielding ability. Even the NY papers aren't gonna use that argument.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

maybe my boy Ike Davis should have won the GG instead of Pujols. im just sayin...
I know this will appear bias, but it's clearly evident you don't watch Albert play day to day.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

maybe my boy Ike Davis should have won the GG instead of Pujols. im just sayin...
I know this will appear bias, but it's clearly evident you don't watch Albert play day to day.

dont get me wrong, i know the deal with Pujols. he has every aspect of the game down. i do believe he is the best player of the last decade.

my arguement is that when a kid, who wasnt even supposed to see the majors until september if this year at all, comes up and posts the best UZR and ratings in the NL (2nd in the majors) over a full season, he deserves consideration. a couple diving catches over the railing doesnt hurt either.

i guess the same can be said for Daric Barton and Mark Teixeira. i get why they won, but are they REALLY better defensively?

dont get me wrong, i know the deal with Pujols. he has every aspect of the game down. i do believe he is the best player of the last decade.

my arguement is that when a kid, who wasnt even supposed to see the majors until september if this year at all, comes up and posts the best UZR and ratings in the NL (2nd in the majors) over a full season, he deserves consideration. a couple diving catches over the railing doesnt hurt either.

i guess the same can be said for Daric Barton and Mark Teixeira. i get why they won, but are they REALLY better defensively?

Get with the times, man. Fielding percentage is not a good indicator for who the best defensive player is.

Get with the times, man. Fielding percentage is not a good indicator for who the best defensive player is.

Back
Top Bottom