Derrick Rose Is Overrated

Originally Posted by amel223

Or we can just let this thread die instead of diggin it up lol

HELL NAH!!!!

You embarrassed that you tried to throw him under the bus as well??? Is it on your conscious?

27 & 6
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Or we can just let this thread die instead of diggin it up lol

HELL NAH!!!!

You embarrassed that you tried to throw him under the bus as well??? Is it on your conscious?
Lol.  I dare you to find any post in here where I've said anything bad about him. 

<333 D Rose

*dead* @ amel avy its too late bro ..you admitted youre wrong we forgive you..but ya statements are in e-stone..as chicagoans its our duty to bump this bad boy till the wheels fall off

I been have this avy bro.  I was just responding to the one dude who was saying lock this thread up.  I mean, we can all just as easily let the thread die, and make a new thread "D Rose is a Beast" or whatever lol.  I just find it funny askin a thread to be locked up when we can just let it die that's all

I've watched every single Bulls game so far and I really don't like what I'm seeing from him.

The bright spot is that he gets his points in spurts, and it's usually in the 4th quarter. For the rest of the game he is really passive. It's almostas if he's afraid to take shots because he doesn't want to look like a ball hog lol.

The downside is that he's not driving and getting to the lane. I think it has more to do with teams figuring him out plus his non-aggressive nature thanhis injury, which I think is pretty much almost 100 percent. Teams are switching on the pick and rolls and daring Rose to challenge the big man, but Rosehardly ever takes advantage and pulls up instead of taking him to the rim. Also, when Rose does drive, help is always there. Every team so far are doing agreat job of blocking the lanes to the basket and forcing him to pass it or shoot outside. I think this is where I miss Ben Gordon the most. I hated BGbecause I thought he was a black hole on offense, but at the very least he helped open up the lanes for Rose so he can get to the basket. Now the paint issignificantly more attentive to Rose and he's yet to adjust.

Since he's such a chill guy he's not going to force the issue when there's help, he's going to swing it, and this is where he's going tohave to change. He has to learn to throw his body in there when there's help instead of kicking it out. I have more faith in him drawing a foul ormiraculously making a shot than John Salmons hitting a perimeter shot, smh. However, it seems like he's not going to do that anytime soon, for any of thereasons below:

All in all, I've been pretty disappointed in D Rose so far.

I been have this avy bro.  I was just responding to the one dude who was saying lock this thread up.  I mean, we can all just as easily let the thread die, and make a new thread "D Rose is a Beast" or whatever lol.  I just find it funny askin a thread to be locked up when we can just let it die that's all
nah.....

haiti5 wrote:

as chicagoans its our duty to bump this bad boy till the wheels fall off

I've watched every single Bulls game so far and I really don't like what I'm seeing from him.

The bright spot is that he gets his points in spurts, and it's usually in the 4th quarter. For the rest of the game he is really passive. It's almostas if he's afraid to take shots because he doesn't want to look like a ball hog lol.

The downside is that he's not driving and getting to the lane. I think it has more to do with teams figuring him out plus his non-aggressive nature thanhis injury, which I think is pretty much almost 100 percent. Teams are switching on the pick and rolls and daring Rose to challenge the big man, but Rosehardly ever takes advantage and pulls up instead of taking him to the rim. Also, when Rose does drive, help is always there. Every team so far are doing agreat job of blocking the lanes to the basket and forcing him to pass it or shoot outside. I think this is where I miss Ben Gordon the most. I hated BGbecause I thought he was a black hole on offense, but at the very least he helped open up the lanes for Rose so he can get to the basket. Now the paint issignificantly more attentive to Rose and he's yet to adjust.

Since he's such a chill guy he's not going to force the issue when there's help, he's going to swing it, and this is where he's going tohave to change. He has to learn to throw his body in there when there's help instead of kicking it out. I have more faith in him drawing a foul ormiraculously making a shot than John Salmons hitting a perimeter shot, smh. However, it seems like he's not going to do that anytime soon, for any of thereasons below:

All in all, I've been pretty disappointed in D Rose so far.
Everything I said in my post was true when I made it.

It's like a father being disappointed in a son.  Doesn't mean he stops loving him right? 

And I don't need a post to praise Rose. I have the Bulls thread. Some guy ignored the fact that Derrick was hurt, and blatantly called him overrated.  And when us Bulls fans defended Rose, we became disillusioned homers. Nah man, I don't ever forget stuff like that.

I kinda get what Amel is saying in his defense, but dude, Derrick was hurt, that's the entire premise of the argument. You can't bash a car for not going over 55mph when the engine, muffler, and battery are all outta whack.

You told me to find something you said bad about him... You basically just co-signed everything they were saying in this thread G. I mean just own up to it and we can move on from it and back to reminding everyone else they were speaking foolishness too soon.

Aight, we can move on.  But "throwing him under the bus" is a little harsh.  That would imply I abandoned him at one point. 

Why hasn't this been LOCKED!
And please why are we bringing Aaron brooks up!.. I'm from Houston and I would dare not put Brooks at Rose's level.. I'm not going to reiterate what I've said already..
I just want this locked for the love of basketball..
I need to see someone conjure a list of all those who said D rose is overrated as well.. Enh.. That'll probably be the entire sports forum..

Thats why we want it to stay open... To serve as a testament of FAIL.

Serving notice that judgements should be reserved atleast until the mid point of a season.

Hence... Let it ride
pimp.gif

--IDK man...Rose and the Bulls been ballin it up lately.
--Impressive wins against good teams in the west on the road too.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

arguing w/ a chicago NTer about derrick rose is useless.

that's y'alls dude.

Now its useless... Now that your observation 8-15games into a season has show you jumped out of a plane with no parachute. Hilarious.  Just admit you jumped the gun and you were wrong, instead of trying to make it seem as if you were somewhat right and Bulls fans were just homers.  We said his play was down due to him being injured and once he was fully healthy you would see what he's really about... SURE ENOUGH, that achilles tendon issue healed up and he's been going HAM for the past 2 months.
pimp.gif

Oh yea... 27 and 6 compared to 20 and 7 vs Tony Parker who y'all stated was a top 5 pg while Pooh wasn't... and he's torched them & walked away with the W both times he's played them this season...  Seems like the arguements in this thread are losing credibility night in and night out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

arguing w/ a chicago NTer about derrick rose is useless.

that's y'alls dude.

Now its useless... Now that your observation 8-15games into a season has show you jumped out of a plane with no parachute. Hilarious.  Just admit you jumped the gun and you were wrong, instead of trying to make it seem as if you were somewhat right and Bulls fans were just homers.  We said his play was down due to him being injured and once he was fully healthy you would see what he's really about... SURE ENOUGH, that achilles tendon issue healed up and he's been going HAM for the past 2 months.
pimp.gif

Oh yea... 27 and 6 compared to 20 and 7 vs Tony Parker who y'all stated was a top 5 pg while Pooh wasn't... and he's torched them & walked away with the W both times he's played them this season...  Seems like the arguements in this thread are losing credibility night in and night out
laugh.gif
but some of you dudes were blaming del negro for his and the team's lack of success. did his coaching achilles tendon issue heal too?
i called dude out at the beginning of the season b/c he wasn't balling. flat out. injuries or not. he's balling now and i'm not denying it. don't get me confused w/ the kid in here that compared him to Mike Conley. i'm not that bad.

i still don't believe he's a top 5 PG. flat out. dude's barely in the top 15 in assts. 

THIS SEASON:

Paul

Nash

Rondo

Williams

Billups

and then you got guys doing just as much if not more

Baron Davis

Yes, Aaron Brooks

Derrick Rose

Tony Parker

Kidd

maybe its me, but i was expecting 20 and 9 from rose.

Back
Top Bottom