Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JD617

I still don't see why people think Paul is better offensively than Rose.
I always thought shooting and passing were pretty major aspects of offense, but what do I know.
see that wasn't the original argument.  abovelegit was saying that paul was the better scorer

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

I still don't see why people think Paul is better offensively than Rose. I mean can someone clarify this to me. Like Amel said, that whole 61% to 72%
nerd.gif
is nothing really to look too deeply into.

Yeah and Amel also said "I can give a hoot about all that advanced statistics mumbo jumbo."
Basically what you guys are saying is "I really dont care about facts or statistics."

I always thought shooting and passing were pretty major aspects of offense, but what do I know.
see that wasn't the original argument.  abovelegit was saying that paul was the better scorer

I still don't see why people think Paul is better offensively than Rose. I mean can someone clarify this to me. Like Amel said, that whole 61% to 72%
nerd.gif

Yeah and Amel also said "I can give a hoot about all that advanced statistics mumbo jumbo."
Basically what you guys are saying is "I really dont care about facts or statistics."

hahaaha, they are man. But what are you trying to say here. Paul has a better FG% than Rose. I already told you why I thought that was. Paul passes better than Rose? Maybe. But, people don't give Rose enough credit for his passing skills because all they see are his crazy moves, and his beautiful lay ups. He actually passes quite well (plus some of his teammates really can't finish when he puts the ball rights in their hands). As I already stated,  if these are the things Paul does better than Rose, it's not lik Rose is way below him in these aspects. But one thing is for sure, Rose is a way better attacker than Paul. He also demands more attention from opposing teams, because of the way he plays.

So was Sean Elliot a better offensive player than Iverson because he had a better FG%? Hell, no. So please, don't read into the hype too much.

hahaaha, they are man. But what are you trying to say here. Paul has a better FG% than Rose. I already told you why I thought that was. Paul passes better than Rose? Maybe. But, people don't give Rose enough credit for his passing skills because all they see are his crazy moves, and his beautiful lay ups. He actually passes quite well (plus some of his teammates really can't finish when he puts the ball rights in their hands). As I already stated,  if these are the things Paul does better than Rose, it's not lik Rose is way below him in these aspects. But one thing is for sure, Rose is a way better attacker than Paul. He also demands more attention from opposing teams, because of the way he plays.

So was Sean Elliot a better offensive player than Iverson because he had a better FG%? Hell, no. So please, don't read into the hype too much.

Originally Posted by dland24

nerd.gif

okay so DL, let me ask you this...
 Do you think that Paul is a better driver than Rose? Do you think he's better offensively than Rose? Please give me your honest opinion. I won't say you're wrong or anything like that, I just want to hear your side to this.

Originally Posted by dland24

nerd.gif

okay so DL, let me ask you this...
 Do you think that Paul is a better driver than Rose? Do you think he's better offensively than Rose? Please give me your honest opinion. I won't say you're wrong or anything like that, I just want to hear your side to this.

Originally Posted by amel223

Because he is. If I need someone to hit a three, a free throw, or mid range shot, I'll go with Chris Paul. If I need someone to get to the basket, I'll go Rose, but if I need someone to pass or finish off that drive, I'll go CP. You don't get points for having a spectacular first step, and it's not like Paul's can't easily get to the basket himself. So yeah, he is the better scorer.

Just give it up.

Originally Posted by amel223

Because he is. If I need someone to hit a three, a free throw, or mid range shot, I'll go with Chris Paul. If I need someone to get to the basket, I'll go Rose, but if I need someone to pass or finish off that drive, I'll go CP. You don't get points for having a spectacular first step, and it's not like Paul's can't easily get to the basket himself. So yeah, he is the better scorer.

Just give it up.

Well so is scoring. Rose spent a great deal of the year having to be his team's #1 option both as a scorer and playmaker. CP3 is taking 11 shots, down 6 from last yr. Obviously you can't argue with percentages, but that being the case, why not shoot more? I mean if you want to win and not just maintain your own level of efficiency, apparently 16.5 and 10 isn't cutting it. Maybe you need to get 24 and 8. Shooting and scoring is a balance most point guards have had to deal with, since besides having the ball all the time, sometimes they also just happen to be your best scorer. I don't think he's navigating it that well this yr.

Well so is scoring. Rose spent a great deal of the year having to be his team's #1 option both as a scorer and playmaker. CP3 is taking 11 shots, down 6 from last yr. Obviously you can't argue with percentages, but that being the case, why not shoot more? I mean if you want to win and not just maintain your own level of efficiency, apparently 16.5 and 10 isn't cutting it. Maybe you need to get 24 and 8. Shooting and scoring is a balance most point guards have had to deal with, since besides having the ball all the time, sometimes they also just happen to be your best scorer. I don't think he's navigating it that well this yr.

Let me add something else...

To say that Paul is a better offensive player than Rose is almost like saying that at the height of both their careers, Ray Allen was a better offensive player than Kobe Bryant, because he had a better FG%, shot a higher percentage at the line and the 3pt stripe too. But we all know that isn't true. No matter how nice Ray Allen's shot is or high his FG% is, he is definitely not a better offensive player than Kobe.

Let me add something else...

To say that Paul is a better offensive player than Rose is almost like saying that at the height of both their careers, Ray Allen was a better offensive player than Kobe Bryant, because he had a better FG%, shot a higher percentage at the line and the 3pt stripe too. But we all know that isn't true. No matter how nice Ray Allen's shot is or high his FG% is, he is definitely not a better offensive player than Kobe.

Rose > CP3

4 games into the season and Rose has already proved he's clutch, can slice through defenders like no one's business, and has incredible speed. I honestly can see him being one of the GOATs when he retires will be on the same level as Kobe if he stays healthy. D.Rose is the type of player that makes his teammates better.

MVP, Rookie of the Year, and a Eastern Conference appearance after three years of being in the league...yeah, Rose is my choice hands down.

Rose > CP3

4 games into the season and Rose has already proved he's clutch, can slice through defenders like no one's business, and has incredible speed. I honestly can see him being one of the GOATs when he retires will be on the same level as Kobe if he stays healthy. D.Rose is the type of player that makes his teammates better.

MVP, Rookie of the Year, and a Eastern Conference appearance after three years of being in the league...yeah, Rose is my choice hands down.

I don't even think they can be compared. If you had to pick one player to start a franchise, it's Derrick Rose, no doubt. But if you had to judge based on PG skills, it's CP3, no doubt. I think CP3 could run any team and be the same. I think Rose would run into problems on a team like the Knicks, Heat, and Mavs because of other ball-dominant players. Am I making sense?

They are both in damn-near perfect situations for their skills, imo. Paul on the Knicks would probably be the very best fit. But that's not happening of course.
pimp.gif

I don't even think they can be compared. If you had to pick one player to start a franchise, it's Derrick Rose, no doubt. But if you had to judge based on PG skills, it's CP3, no doubt. I think CP3 could run any team and be the same. I think Rose would run into problems on a team like the Knicks, Heat, and Mavs because of other ball-dominant players. Am I making sense?

They are both in damn-near perfect situations for their skills, imo. Paul on the Knicks would probably be the very best fit. But that's not happening of course.
pimp.gif

Too much D-Rose slurping going on in here so I'll bring in an un-biased opinion.

It's hard to say whose better, because they both clearly make their teams better.

It's unfair to compare D-Rose performance in tonights game to CP3's as CP3 is still getting familiar with his new teammates.

They are two completely different point guards.

D-Rose is a shoot first, pass second point guard.

While CP3 is a pass first shoot second point guard.

It all really depends what type of PG you want on your team, but they both can get the job done imo.

But like I said, unfair comparison at this point in the season.

Too much D-Rose slurping going on in here so I'll bring in an un-biased opinion.

It's hard to say whose better, because they both clearly make their teams better.

It's unfair to compare D-Rose performance in tonights game to CP3's as CP3 is still getting familiar with his new teammates.

They are two completely different point guards.

D-Rose is a shoot first, pass second point guard.

While CP3 is a pass first shoot second point guard.

It all really depends what type of PG you want on your team, but they both can get the job done imo.

But like I said, unfair comparison at this point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom