~* Designer Denim Appreciation Post *~

maybach music

Banned
Brands like True Religion, Seven For All Mankind, Diesel, Rock & Republic, Citizens of Humanity.
pimp.gif

FTW!

yeah some of their jeans are nice.
i like raw denim/selvedge brands too.
i wear both kinds of denim. im nto a raw denim head or just a designer denim head.
whatever feels good.

False Religions is what they should be called
sick.gif

paper denim, Dior, Rock and Repubs are nice.

also, hit up SUFU (superfuture)if you want to be skooled on denim, they got mad knowledge with the denim.
pimp.gif

its always funny to see people swear by SF for denim. Like theres some great selvedge brands out there no question, but who the hell wants to wear raw denimeveryday? Its too dark and heavy to be comfortable past about this time of year anyways. I think its definetly cool to see a pair of naturally worn in jeansbut I'don't have the time for that and PLENTY of brands make amazing extremely authentic looking pre-distressed jeans. Like i prefer predistressedjeans, they just look better,are a nicer color, have a softer feel and are more comfortable

personally I swear by PRPS, they have been making jeans of a higher quality then the washed out doirs everyone jocks kanye about nowadays with more interestingstyles and variety of washes

I'm not really a huge fan of 7 and TR, but I'm not gonna hate on them by comparing them to brands and styles that aren't even substitutes. Likewhy would a person even assume a dude who likes TRs would give a %@%+ about some APCs, is just a major difference in style, cut, weight, color, and feel

I simply can not mess with raw denim. I refuse to wear a pair of jeans for 2 years w/o washing it, only to cover up the odor with Febreeze. I appreciate thecuts of some of the TR, RR, 7, Diesel, etc. I had all of mines done to 30'' inseam so they fit right since most of them come in 34'' inseamlength. I also don't rock that ******ed tight yet sagging fit rappers rock.

Am i the only person in the world who likes jeans because of there style. it's like NT looks down on anything that isn't raw denim, trust me it'snot all it's cracked up to be.

JJ said it all already..

I love 'designer' jeans..

But his high-end everything, designer everything movement on NT..NEEDS TO STOP!

smfh.

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

its always funny to see people swear by SF for denim. Like theres some great selvedge brands out there no question, but who the hell wants to wear raw denim everyday? Its too dark and heavy to be comfortable past about this time of year anyways. I think its definetly cool to see a pair of naturally worn in jeans but I'don't have the time for that and PLENTY of brands make amazing extremely authentic looking pre-distressed jeans. Like i prefer predistressed jeans, they just look better,are a nicer color, have a softer feel and are more comfortable

personally I swear by PRPS, they have been making jeans of a higher quality then the washed out doirs everyone jocks kanye about nowadays with more interesting styles and variety of washes

I'm not really a huge fan of 7 and TR, but I'm not gonna hate on them by comparing them to brands and styles that aren't even substitutes. Like why would a person even assume a dude who likes TRs would give a %@%+ about some APCs, is just a major difference in style, cut, weight, color, and feel

On point.
I wear a lot of raw denim, but I couldn't imagine wearing it everday either. PRPS makes great denim, but as far as the other brands somehave mentioned such as True Religion, Seven for all mankind, R & R etc. I'm not very impressed. There are many other brands that produced better andmore creative lighter weight and distressed denim. Some of the Levi's reproductions are great. Marithe Francois Girbaud (the designer branch) makes someamazingly creative stuff. LA Denim Atelier makes good faded denim along with Edwin Japan. Of course there is also always Neighborhood.

I like both raw and designer jeans. I like raw jeans because they provide a different feel and look and i love how you can break something in.

I also like designer denim. I know these days, its "cool" to bash them because people think their japanese denim worth $250 is the way to go, butpeople would rock whatever they like to rock. Sure people can always bash DD for not being durable, but from myu experience, my 3 year old 7FAM is still aroundand has even faded quite nicely. RR was a fave of mine back then, but these days they have fallen off.

Also, IMO, DD is bought mainly for the cut. Because there is a lot of cuts to choose from, you can pick your cut that best suits you and is most flattering foryou. I dont want to look like a skinny no %!%$ emo looking guy 24/7 with raws.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

JJ said it all already..

I love 'designer' jeans..

But this high-end everything, designer everything movement on NT..NEEDS TO STOP!

smfh.

PREACH..it really does
laugh.gif

Nothing beats some Levi's on sale at Macy's for $25. I'm not big on raw or selvedge jeans though. My favorite is still Paper Denim & Cloth justbecause their soft and comfortable without any breaking in required, I haven't really found any jeans quite like it for the price.

Back
Top Bottom