Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Who ever is in charge of the NT clan in D2 NEEDS to be a regular in this thread.

Whoever the OG boss of the D1 clan still hasnt approved me for D1 
mean.gif
NT TMT has surfaced officially I heard..... 
nerd.gif
Grandfather me in b 
nthat.gif

NAH you aint touching nada in MVC b. Thats my kingdom 
nthat.gif

PULL up ill wash all yall in the same lobby 
nerd.gif
Son what's good b you know destiny my first shooter cause all I use to play was fighting games MVC 3 being my baby. Lemme know when you ready to get this work. @Zero23 been dodging my fade lol
I can tell @Zero23  is scoobie snacks in mvc 

We here though. Let's scrap this weekend

For some "DUH, NO **** NEWS" about D2

Destiny 2 Is 30fps on Consoles, Bungie Says PS4 Pro “Couldn’t Run Our Game at 60”

In an interview with PC Gamer, Bungie PC Lead David Shaw revealed that Destiny 2  will be locked at at 30fps on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One, while the PC version can go as high as 144fps:
It is. It is 30 on the consoles.

But like I said, I think the mouse and keyboard switch really was far more impactful than going to a higher frame-rate. And it does play at 60 but the frame-rate is uncapped. It’s at 60 on the floor, I think, because I believe that’s what g-sync is doing with it – and we think g-sync is fantastic tech, we’re working with Nvidia. But if you want to play at 144 [fps] and your rig will handle it, it’ll do that just fine.
Destiny 2 will run at 4K on PS4 Pro, and as Game Director revealed to IGN, it’s not powerful enough to run the game at 60fps:
It will not run at 60 on the Pro. I don’t want people to continue to hope, we’re going to be matter-of-fact about stuff like this… The PS4 Pro is super-powerful, but it couldn’t run our game at 60. Our game’s this rich physics simulation, with collision and players, networking etc. It wouldn’t run. Not enough horsepower there yet.
Project Lead Mark Noseworthy added, “But there’s tons of GPU power in the PS4 Pro and that’s why we’re doing 4K, right? It’s on the CPU side. Destiny’s  simulation, like we have more AI, more monsters in an environment with physically simulated vehicles and characters and projectiles, and it’s part of the Destiny  magic, like 30 seconds of fun, like coming around a corner and throwing a grenade, popping a guy in the head, and then you add like five, six, seven other players in a public event; that is incredibly intensive for hardware.”

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...uldnt-run-our-game-at-60/#EwU02dYJgyMFMpH8.99
Credit to @empirestrikesfirst from the PS thread, but this is obvious.

It also appears that all the hype that both Sony & Microsoft made about the upgraded hardware for their PS4 Pros and Xbox 1 Scorpio consoles appears to be nothing but a ton of crap, especially since the GPU power in these consoles cannot support both 60 FPS and 4K for the "high graphics environments" like Destiny 2.

PS4 Pro and Xbox 1 Scorpio can run up to 60 FPS, but for games like Destiny 2........they will have to sacrifice "graphic quality" in order to do it, and Bungie DID NOT want to sacrifice their graphic quality for the console experience.

If anything, this gives more ammo for the PC gamers to take a shot at console gamers in terms of the "4K consoles" coming out from Sony & Microsoft now.

Last edited:
No dedicated servers, either.

Game Director Luke Smith then explained why:
It’s just not an investment that we made for Destiny 2… I understand there’s certainly a desire for it, but you know, the smaller team format – although it’s one bigger in the [Trials of Osiris] case for sure here – in the smaller team formats in general it’s easier for us to find tighter matches. And we’re also going to rechange the parameters for matchmaking, to refocus on connection quality instead of like Trials win matching. We’re going to change a bunch of the parameters to focus on giving people better network experiences.

Great more lag
Not really, Bungie basically conceded that Activision will not give them dedicated servers for Destiny 2..........so they just dealt with it by moving forward with the 4v4 PVP play modes that Call of Duty already does.

The lag will be the same, but less people will be red barring you in matches though.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this business deal between Activision and Bungie turned out as ****** as people predicted.

Question becomes what publisher was actually going to allow Bungie to receive as many resources as they did in terms of money. That is the big issue.

I'm sorry but this business deal between Activision and Bungie turned out as ****** as people predicted.
Question becomes what publisher was actually going to allow Bungie to receive as many resources as they did in terms of money. That is the big issue.

Microsoft?

I know their pockets are deep.
Bungie had their chance with Microsoft for the Halo franchise, but Microsoft didn't wanna pay them no more

Microsoft?

I know their pockets are deep.

Bungie had their chance with Microsoft for the Halo franchise, but Microsoft didn't wanna pay them no more

Thought Bungie just wanted to do more than Halo and MS was like nah... pump out teh haloz

Destiny 2 Is 30fps on Consoles, Bungie Says PS4 Pro “Couldn’t Run Our Game at 60”

In an interview with PC Gamer, Bungie PC Lead David Shaw revealed that Destiny 2

will be locked at at 30fps on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One, while the PC version can go as high as 144fps:

But like I said, I think the mouse and keyboard switch really was far more impactful than going to a higher frame-rate. And it does play at 60 but the frame-rate is uncapped. It’s at 60 on the floor, I think, because I believe that’s what g-sync is doing with it – and we think g-sync is fantastic tech, we’re working with Nvidia. But if you want to play at 144 [fps] and your rig will handle it, it’ll do that just fine.

Destiny 2 
will run at 
4K on PS4 Pro
, and as Game Director revealed to IGN, it’s not powerful enough to run the game at 60fps:

It will not run at 60 on the Pro. I don’t want people to continue to hope, we’re going to be matter-of-fact about stuff like this… The PS4 Pro is super-powerful, but it couldn’t run our game at 60. Our game’s this rich physics simulation, with collision and players, networking etc. It wouldn’t run. Not enough horsepower there yet.

Project Lead Mark Noseworthy added, “But there’s tons of GPU power in the PS4 Pro and that’s why we’re doing 4K, right? It’s on the CPU side. Destiny’s
 simulation, like we have more AI, more monsters in an environment with physically simulated vehicles and characters and projectiles, and it’s part of the Destiny
 magic, like 30 seconds of fun, like coming around a corner and throwing a grenade, popping a guy in the head, and then you add like five, six, seven other players in a public event; that is incredibly intensive for hardware.”

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...uldnt-run-our-game-at-60/#EwU02dYJgyMFMpH8.99

Credit to @empirestrikesfirst
from the PS thread, but this is obvious.

It also appears that all the hype that both Sony & Microsoft made about the upgraded hardware for their PS4 Pros and Xbox 1 Scorpio consoles appears to be nothing but a ton of crap, especially since the GPU power in these consoles cannot support both 60 FPS and 4K for the "high graphics environments" like Destiny 2.

PS4 Pro and Xbox 1 Scorpio can run up to 60 FPS, but for games like Destiny 2........they will have to sacrifice "graphic quality" in order to do it, and Bungie DID NOT want to sacrifice their graphic quality for the console experience.

If anything, this gives more ammo for the PC gamers to take a shot at console gamers in terms of the "4K consoles" coming out from Sony & Microsoft now.

SCORPIO ISNT MENTIONED THOUGH

In an interview with PC Gamer, Bungie PC Lead David Shaw revealed that Destiny 2

will be locked at at 30fps on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One, while the PC version can go as high as 144fps:

Destiny 2 
will run at 4K on PS4 Pro
, and as Game Director revealed to IGN, it’s not powerful enough to run the game at 60fps:

Project Lead Mark Noseworthy added, “But there’s tons of GPU power in the PS4 Pro and that’s why we’re doing 4K, right? It’s on the CPU side. Destiny’s
 simulation, like we have more AI, more monsters in an environment with physically simulated vehicles and characters and projectiles, and it’s part of the Destiny
 magic, like 30 seconds of fun, like coming around a corner and throwing a grenade, popping a guy in the head, and then you add like five, six, seven other players in a public event; that is incredibly intensive for hardware.”

Credit to @empirestrikesfirst
from the PS thread, but this is obvious.

SCORPIO ISNT MENTIONED THOUGH
Scorpio hasn't even been released yet, of course Scorpio isn't mentioned.

That being said, I doubt it'll make any difference on the Scorpio either.  Especially since they still have to make the game compatible with non-Scorpio Xbox 1 players.

Scorpio hasn't even been released yet, of course Scorpio isn't mentioned.

That being said, I doubt it'll make any difference on the Scorpio either.  Especially since they still have to make the game compatible with non-Scorpio Xbox 1 players.
This. It will be hard capped on consoles. They're not going to have Scorpio running 60fps while the XB1 guys are still on 30fps; then tell them, if they want to be/play better, then buy the better(more expensive) version of their system. They would catch some heat for pulling a move like that. 

Granted, I have a PS Pro, so if the Pro could/would handle the 60fps, then I would've wanted the 60fps and said if the PS4 boys want 60fps too, then they better sell their PS4 and cop a Pro 
laugh.gif

What if???

The Pro/Scorpio can run 60fps, but them leaving the XB1/PS4 guys high and dry like this is the very reason they are saying they can't. 
nerd.gif

This is why I never understood the reason for Sony and Microsoft to make "upgraded versions" of their current gen consoles.  Granted, they probably did it out of fear for Nintendo's potential console move......which ended up being the less-powered, but very mobile Switch console.

They could've easily left that upgraded technology for their next gen consoles instead, instead of giving game developers "conflicting issues" by making their games compatible for both the older version and upgraded version of the current gen consoles.

I don't expect Bungie to be the only developer to have these "30 fps vs 60 fps" issues going forward for their games, I'm expected other big time developers to start having these conflicts arise too.

Meanwhile, you got the "PC Master Class" ****bois pointing and laughing at all of us.

Last edited:
This is why I never understood the reason for Sony and Microsoft to make "upgraded versions" of their current gen consoles.  Granted, they probably did it out of fear for Nintendo's potential console move......which ended up being the less-powered, but very mobile Switch console.

They could've easily left that upgraded technology for their next gen consoles instead, instead of giving game developers "conflicting issues" by making their games compatible for both the older version and upgraded version of the current gen consoles.

I don't expect Bungie to be the only developer to have these "30 fps vs 60 fps" issues going forward for their games, I'm expected other big time developers to start having these conflicts arise too.

Meanwhile, you got the "PC Master Class" ****bois pointing and laughing at all of us.

**** PCs :smh:

Back
Top Bottom