Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I got a friend of a friend that plays destiny. Basically the only guys I kno that plays outside of NT. He texts me to get on to join his raid group. For 45 we tried to get the gate open and couldn't. It was a total of 5 guys. I'm lvl 27. There was one other 27, a 26, 25 aaaaand a lvl 24. I knew we wouldn't get far but I at least wanted to hop on to get familiarized. Thought we would at least get into the vault :lol:

Yo, to whoever's fireteam I afked out of trying to cheese Atheon, my b, had company come over kinda suddenly. I'm down to run still if yall didn't finish. PSN is Beignet-

The raid team I was on last night :x . We had a bunch of 29s and 28s and one 27, and we couldn't be athion on normal :smh: . Damn near everyone didn't know how to use the relic or even what to do once they were teleported. The few times they did make it out, dudes wasn't using the relic shield and taking advantage of the time of vengeance

And all I got up until that point was ascendant material and a cloak :lol:

I'm honestly sick of cheesing Aetheon, even on hard. I just want a fire team that has their guns maxed out and at 29-30 and just do it normally. Even on hard it shouldn't take longer than 3-5 transitions, and that's more than enough time to take him out before he enrages.

Last edited:
That reddit post about "Joey" seriously is what is wrong with the raid and end game. Everyone wants to clear, cheese and get the save point to get loot without putting the work in to get it. So much emphasis on getting the raid helmet, vex, fatebringer, and VoC because they are the best weapons and only way to get to 30.

Honestly at this point, nobody should be explaining a damn thing, especially if you have joined a hard raid group. The only thing discussed should be who is going to what side and who is holding the relic during the Templar fight. Even then, once you run with a group enough, those things never really change either. For us, Quad and Zero are our holders majority of the time. If there are a couple different people in the mix, then they just go where the person missing goes.

Last edited:
I'm honestly sick of cheesing Aetheon, even on hard. I just want a fire team that has their guns maxed out and at 29-30 and just do it normally. Even on hard it shouldn't take longer than 3-5 transitions, and that's more than enough time to take him out before he enrages.

ran it with a group of randoms twice yesterday and we finished atheon in 3 passes. wouldve been two but **** happens lol. maxed out weapons are extremely useful. needless to say everyone friend requested each other afterwards lol. no vex still for me though, got another scooter and the voc again smh

That reddit post about "Joey" seriously is what is wrong with the raid and end game. Everyone wants to clear, cheese and get the save point to get loot without putting the work in to get it. So much emphasis on getting the raid helmet, vex, fatebringer, and VoC because they are the best weapons and only way to get to 30.

Honestly at this point, nobody should be explaining a damn thing, especially if you have joined a hard raid group. The only thing discussed should be who is going to what side and who is holding the relic during the Templar fight. Even then, once you run with a group enough, those things never really change either. For us, Quad and Zero are our holders majority of the time. If there are a couple different people in the mix, then they just go where the person missing goes.

View media item 1243608

With the amount of time we wasted the past two days trying to cheese atheon, we coulda got loot drops from conflux, oracles, templar, and gatekeeper. And probably coulda cleared Atheon legit. Cheese is fun but I think I'm over it now. I don't even care for Atheon loot drop.

First timer trying to run the raid. At level 27. Anybody down?
(You gotta tell me what kinda weapons I need lol)

With the amount of time we wasted the past two days trying to cheese atheon, we coulda got loot drops from conflux, oracles, templar, and gatekeeper. And probably coulda cleared Atheon legit. Cheese is fun but I think I'm over it now. I don't even care for Atheon loot drop.
Nobody even wants to do the templar/oracles, it's all about that Atheon cheese :lol:

I'm glad that if I didn't want to run hard mode again, I don't have to but I want the crew I run with to get all they want also. I already know come next raid, I will be the one that takes forever to get the drops. Then you guys will have to run with me to get it, lol.

Nobody even wants to do the templar/oracles, it's all about that Atheon cheese :lol:

I'm glad that if I didn't want to run hard mode again, I don't have to but I want the crew I run with to get all they want also. I already know come next raid, I will be the one that takes forever to get the drops. Then you guys will have to run with me to get it, lol.

The ironic part is the oracles Templar phase is the easiest to cheese.

True. The thing is, the "cheesers" are most likely under leveled, so they usually don't have much of a chance taking on Atheon the legit way. With that being said, I'm a 29 now, so I'm ready!! :smokin

The ironic part is the oracles Templar phase is the easiest to cheese.

It really is but no helmet or Vex, so they get no love, lol

I want that fatebringer though...
True. The thing is, the "cheesers" are most likely under leveled, so they usually don't have much of a chance taking on Atheon the legit way. With that being said, I'm a 29 now, so I'm ready!! :smokin
Im going to give my alt warlock the Vex so when they hit 20 they can run around with it. Going to keep them in blues with +2 light too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom