Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm hoping that with the new COD coming out today/tomorrow, all the fair-weather cheesers and lack luster players leave.

Here is a good break down of hard mode Atheon fight and each person/groups jobs during the fight (relic holder, portal team, and outside team).

Interesting how they use a tier system for who is who during the fight.

Those that didn't watch:

Tier 1 : Any level 30s and/or best relic holders; Instantly grab relic

Tier 2 : Wait ~1.5 sec, grab relic

Tier 3 : Never grab relic

Here is a good break down of hard mode Atheon fight and each person/groups jobs during the fight (relic holder, portal team, and outside team).
Interesting how they use a tier system for who is who during the fight.

Those that didn't watch:
Tier 1 : Any level 30s and/or best relic holders; Instantly grab relic
Tier 2 : Wait ~1.5 sec, grab relic
Tier 3 : Never grab relic

I posted this video earlier today :nerd:

Eitherway, the relic holder should be level 30. If not, people need to upload rocket launchers at least or a half clip of heavy MG along with grenades.

Last edited:
I posted this video earlier today
nerd.gif

Eitherway, the relic holder should be level 30. If not, people need to upload rocket launchers at least or a half clip of heavy MG along with grenades.
Did you? I didn't see it, unless it was just the link and not embedded and I was too lazy to read/click
laugh.gif

So I guess I need to be quicker on picking up the relic now. I normally take a step or 2 and then realize that I don't have it and backup, but someone else has gotten it by then
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I posted this video earlier today
nerd.gif

Did you? I didn't see it, unless it was just the link and not embedded and I was too lazy to read/click
laugh.gif

So I guess I need to be quicker on picking up the relic now. I normally take a step or 2 and then realize that I have it and backup, but someone else has gotten it by then
laugh.gif
I just grab the relic. I don't even wait anymore lol. But if you're 30, then you should grab it.

Did you? I didn't see it, unless it was just the link and not embedded and I was too lazy to read/click :lol:

So I guess I need to be quicker on picking up the relic now. I normally take a step or 2 and then realize that I have it and backup, but someone else has gotten it by then :lol:

I have no problem being a relic holder at normal, but on hard being a lvl 29 is killer. Next time I'm going to do it on hard with my main and I get ported. I'm going put up a bubble as soon as we move there. That extra 35% weapon damage on the first 2-3 oracles and the mobs will be helpful whether you are level 30 or 29. At level 29 that should put the damage reduction down to only 8% rather than 32%.

Last edited:

I just grab the relic. I don't even wait anymore lol. But if you're 30, then you should grab it.
Read as:

I just grab the relic. I don't even wait anymore lol. But since you the only 30 that's normally in our group, your *** needs to pick up faster!

laugh.gif

Last edited:

Read as:

I just grab the relic. I don't even wait anymore lol. But since you the only 30 that's normally in our group, your *** needs to pick up faster!

laugh.gif
Nah bro 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I used to just let someone else grab it but after the patch it seems like people are hesitant to grab the relic. I can do well with the relic as a 29, but it would be much more ideal if a 30 grabbed it. I don't even think about anymore, if I'm ported I'm grabbing the relic. I'll put myself in tier two until I'm level 30 though. Less chance of me dying.

I can do well with the relic as a 29, but it would be much more ideal if a 30  you grabbed it.
roll.gif

Nope, if I am the only 30 in the group, you and Quad normally roll with the relic too, so you guys should do it too. Especially if I am not ported in there to get it. Biggie damn near takes out all mobs and oracles by himself. That damn epilogue and his heavy puts in serious work constantly.

Was it Tek or one of the based (besu or based) that uses the relic too? One of them did our Templar fight I remember and they handle it well also.

:rofl:

Nope, if I am the only 30 in the group, you and Quad normally roll with the relic too, so you guys should do it too. Especially if I am not ported in there to get it. Biggie damn near takes out all mobs and oracles by himself. That damn epilogue and his heavy puts in serious work constantly.

Was it Tek or one of the based (besu or based) that uses the relic too? One of them did our Templar fight I remember and they handle it well also.

If I get ported and someone else is with us that can focus on the first 3 oracles, I rather help by taking out the trash. Taking off the minotaurs shield and stuff like that, then switch to the oracles after the 3rd one spawns. This is why we need everyone in the raid on hard with weapons that have the + oracle damage.

Around what time is everyone trying to raid? I still need to get my rewards from Aetheon. I'm down to start from the beginning cause I'm sure itll be quick with y'all

10PM EST. What level are you? Max Weapons?

29. Epilogue and ice breaker maxed. Know what I'm doing as well
Nice what's your PSN? Add me: Zero23

You're on my friends list already. So we're about to do hard mode or normal :lol: ?

BTW Raid guys, I figured out why we failed with the stupid Oracle strategy last time. Really dumb fix. We'll employ the strategy again tonight.

This conflux strategy is very interesting too. Seems like a very safe way to keep people alive during the confluxes.

Around what time is everyone trying to raid? I still need to get my rewards from Aetheon. I'm down to start from the beginning cause I'm sure itll be quick with y'all

10PM EST. What level are you? Max Weapons?

29. Epilogue and ice breaker maxed. Know what I'm doing as well
Nice what's your PSN? Add me: Zero23
You're on my friends list already. So we're about to do hard mode or normal
laugh.gif
?
Depends on who is all on tonight. If we get a good group going, hard mode it is. If we can't get enough people for hard then we do Normal.

Depends on who is all on tonight. If we get a good group going, hard mode it is. If we can't get enough people for hard then we do Normal.

I need to run the quick nexus weekly strike on my alt to do all the bounties so I can level those survivability skills at least.

Back
Top Bottom