Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Dey know my pain...
mean.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Bruh I'm now currently experiencing this.. My 2nd Warlock has no Yeezys for quite sometime now
laugh.gif

Forever 29
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

After the initial launch, Bungie noticed that many players were choosing not to fully upgrade their standard legendary gear, and instead were saving the shards and energy for the powerful gear that might drop for them in the raid.

To encourage players to embrace initial upgrades even as they wait for raid drops, ascendant materials are now used primarily to upgrade non-raid legendary gear. Raid gear is instead upgraded with radiant shards and energy, which are acquired in the Crota’s End raid. To put it another way, the raid has its own internally consistent upgrade economy.
So basically all them shards and energy I got saved up are damn near worthless. Cool.
You can trade them in for the new stuff.

In addition, if you don’t get the specific energy or shards you’re hoping for, Eris Morn offers an exchange, allowing you to trade in one for the other. Another way to get radiant shards and radiant energy is to break down unwanted items acquired in the raid.
There's no way it's an equal exchange. Probably be 10 ascendants for 1 radiant
grin.gif
aka damn near worthless.

After the initial launch, Bungie noticed that many players were choosing not to fully upgrade their standard legendary gear, and instead were saving the shards and energy for the powerful gear that might drop for them in the raid.

To encourage players to embrace initial upgrades even as they wait for raid drops, ascendant materials are now used primarily to upgrade non-raid legendary gear. Raid gear is instead upgraded with radiant shards and energy, which are acquired in the Crota’s End raid. To put it another way, the raid has its own internally consistent upgrade economy.
So basically all them shards and energy I got saved up are damn near worthless. Cool.
You can trade them in for the new stuff.

In addition, if you don’t get the specific energy or shards you’re hoping for, Eris Morn offers an exchange, allowing you to trade in one for the other. Another way to get radiant shards and radiant energy is to break down unwanted items acquired in the raid.
There's no way it's an equal exchange. Probably be 10 ascendants for 1 radiant
grin.gif
aka damn near worthless.
You probably right. But hey, at least my 100+ shards and energies won't go to full basura waste.

You probably right. But hey, at least my 100+ shards and energies won't go to full basura waste.

I'm sitting on close to 200 now, and it will be way over 200 after 2 more HM raids. I'll take any exchange any day.

You can use them to level up the legendaries that don't drop in the raid though. The new shards/energy are just for the raid items.

One dude said there was a piece of misinformation in the dark below review, possibly regarding exotics upgrading.

One dude said there was a piece of misinformation in the dark below review, possibly regarding exotics upgrading.
DeeJ_BNG  176 points 49 minutes ago  

Misinformation Alert!

Sorry for the confusion. Stand by for a Bungie Blog update.

I'm curious to see if Game Informer is really that dumb to publish something false, or if the pitchfork backlash from the community has Destiny Devs changing their tune all of a sudden. A week away from the launch has me leaning towards the former...

EDIT: NVM... 

DeeJ  ‏@DeeJ_BNG  6 minutes ago

@deej_BNG Game Informer got it straight. Player reactions to some of the information is what is wrong.

•  

Last edited:
:lol: reading the comments on that Game Informer article.. :smh: ppl are so unrealistic with their requests.. one can't simply please everyone. :x

Bungie developers play the game alongside all of us on the retail servers, and don’t cheat to get ahead.

As a result, I was surprised by how many of the developers piped up with their own frustrations at Destiny before I even mentioned them coming from the community. Like the broader game population, several Bungie devs bemoaned the tedious work of farming for destination materials in the launch game. Another spoke about their frustration at waiting for raid boots to drop in the Vault of Glass after weeks of fruitless attempts. 

Zero, I thought you told me you had a different job than working for Bungie? :lol:

:lol: Nah bungie devs love warlocks, and would never make 3 hunter characters.

And here's the official word from Bungie

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

New Exotic Upgrading

Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.

• Starting December 9[sup]th[/sup], Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
  • Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard 
    • The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
    • Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

Wait wait wait. Someone explain this exotic upgrade to me !

Lets say you have a 300 Suros. In order to upgrade to the new damage cap of 330, or whatever it'll be.
You have to wait for Xur to allow you to upgrade that specific weapon, this will seem to rotate weekly (supposedly only 1 weapon per week as well).
Now Xur will upgrade it with a new damage cap of 330 for handing in the previous weapon + an exotic shard (which you get from breaking down an exotic or purchasing from Xur for 7 coins).
Your weapon is then reset to a new base damage cap and it needs to be releveled(rumor is that the new base un-upgraded base damage will be 302).
But supposedly leveling exotics will be easier and less tedious than right now.

It sounds more like you can exchange the new shards for energies and vice versa, not for ascendants.

New Exotic Upgrading

Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.

• Starting December 9[sup]th[/sup]
    , Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
    • Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

View media item 1286912

:nerd:
Is that a GGhorn I see!!!! I hope that it's this weeks preview of what he has to offer!!!

New Exotic Upgrading

• Starting December 9[sup]th[/sup]
    , Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values

nerd.gif

Is that a GGhorn I see!!!! I hope that it's this weeks preview of what he has to offer!!!
Looks like a Dragon's Breath. And if that is available week 1, we all better not sleep. I will be buying all new exotics just for the sake of having all new exotics. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind getting strange coins now from Nightfalls. If it means a free upgrade for my existing exotics, I'm down.

It sounds more like you can exchange the new shards for energies and vice versa, not for ascendants.
Ah I read that wrong if that's the case. I guess Ascendant Shards/Energies are going to be alright to get the new legendary armor/weapons.

Looks like a Dragon's Breath. And if that is available week 1, we all better not sleep. I will be buying all new exotics just for the sake of having all new exotics. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind getting strange coins now from Nightfalls. If it means a free upgrade for my existing exotics, I'm down.
.all of this. Strange coins are super valuable now.

I'm copping two dragons breaths lol

isnt the dragons breath the new raid rocket launcher? dont set yourself up for disappointment like that by getting excited....

Last edited:

Yeah it is. I'm saying that pic Bungie put up might be a preview of week 1 of Xur in the DLC.
im sayin i doubt it because they never sell raid weapons. so they definitely wouldnt start off the dlc with the raid launcher right?

It's an exotic bro. Not a raid weapon. Peep the pic, it has it pictured as an item Xur is selling. Top row.
oh alright cuz i asked if its the new raid launcher and u said yea it was lol. if its just an exotic then yea everyone will go ham. itll be a frenzy, nobody wants another ghorn fiasco

It's an exotic bro. Not a raid weapon. Peep the pic, it has it pictured as an item Xur is selling. Top row.
oh alright cuz i asked if its the new raid launcher and u said yea it was lol. if its just an exotic then yea everyone will go ham. itll be a frenzy, nobody wants another ghorn fiasco
I been so hyped up for it, I misread that lol. Yeah, it's an Exotic. Should be this DLC's GGhorn. We shall see though, once GGhorn is upgraded, it might still be the king of kings.

So what other idiot hasn't copped the new DLC yet besides me? ....ya know misery loves company :lol:

Back
Top Bottom