Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Sorry but releveling all my stuff every 3 months isn't what I consider fun.

The gjally update is negligible in pvp it's just another means to help users get cheesed by the computer by making us grind harder in boss fights. Destiny is king of the 1 hit kill with its modifiers on harder levels ie level 35 poe where ur whole team can get wiped by 3 quick melees.

Other games don't need constant updates on their weapons to make them fun. In fact, Destinys updates actually made it so that everyone had to use the same weapon. So many weapons have been nerfed that it just left a select few as go to weapons.

Just add new weapons and let users have fun.

In all honesty, having a fireteam of 6 with all Max Gjallerhorns blowing up a boss isn't that fun. It's easy and hilarious but it's not as fun as putting a strategy together and finding a way to beat a boss. The go to strategy for almost every boss fight in Destiny - Shoot 7 Gjallerhorn rockets, pop a heavy synth, shoot 7 more. Finish with primary or sniper rifle. How is that fun?

I still remember the first night of taking on Crota where you actually had to have a strategy and time things right. Took forever but man, when we took out Crota, it was one of the best feelings. And it didn't involve spam Gjallerhorn rockets to win. Same with Atheon. A lot of people won't know these feelings, as they didn't go in blind and attempt, they waited for whatever reasons for a special strat video so it would become easier. As one of the biggest supporters of the Gjallerhorn, I'm glad it's being knocked from it's throne. Give me the new weapon I need to grind for.

If you can honestly tell me there wasn't/isn't an issue with the meta in Destiny Crucible, I'd like to hear that side. The fact that they are taking the time to balance it out really makes me believe in the game even more. I'm glad they are nerfing/buffing weapons. It's the way it should be. Shotguns and hand cannons need a nerf. And those are my two favorite weapons to use. I was using Thorn BEFORE the buff when it was slow reload, slow RoF and the DoT was all jacked up. Why? Because I love the weapon. The FIRST Iron Banner was proof auto rifles needed a nerf. All Suros Everything. But most people don't remember those times. Hell, they don't remember when we had to run around to get planetary mats and farm chests just to level up our weapons/gear.

If you end up with all the end game gear and weapons and nothing changes, you end up with a playerbase like Destiny is right now. No one playing much, everyone waiting around for the next big thing. 

All of this but how can you miss the bigger change. EVERYTHING is easier now that we all are 34s instead of 30s and 31s.
Bungie essentially watered down the game by making us all stronger AND upping the ratings on the weapons too. Add that to the fact that EVERYTHING becomes easy with practice and repetition. Crota hard vs a level 31 and a 331 gjally wasn't a walk in the park like a 34 and a 365.

The gjally update is negligible in pvp it's just another means to help users get cheesed by the computer by making us grind harder in boss fights. Destiny is king of the 1 hit kill with its modifiers on harder levels ie level 35 poe where ur whole team can get wiped by 3 quick melees.

Other games don't need constant updates on their weapons to make them fun. In fact, Destinys updates actually made it so that everyone had to use the same weapon. So many weapons have been nerfed that it just left a select few as go to weapons.

The Bungie team has shown graphs of the weapon usage in PVP. The skew was crazy. Again Bungie is reacting to challenges that come up and they have been addressing them.

If you say so. Destinys "fixing" has been suspect and the end game has been what we have today which is a thorn and last word fest.

Dudes used to run around with fusion rifles (pocket infinity and plan C) auto rifles (suros and vex) because they were actually relevant. Heck, auto rifles actually meant something at one point.

In all honesty, having a fireteam of 6 with all Max Gjallerhorns blowing up a boss isn't that fun. It's easy and hilarious but it's not as fun as putting a strategy together and finding a way to beat a boss. The go to strategy for almost every boss fight in Destiny - Shoot 7 Gjallerhorn rockets, pop a heavy synth, shoot 7 more. Finish with primary or sniper rifle. How is that fun?

I still remember the first night of taking on Crota where you actually had to have a strategy and time things right. Took forever but man, when we took out Crota, it was one of the best feelings. And it didn't involve spam Gjallerhorn rockets to win. Same with Atheon. A lot of people won't know these feelings, as they didn't go in blind and attempt, they waited for whatever reasons for a special strat video so it would become easier. As one of the biggest supporters of the Gjallerhorn, I'm glad it's being knocked from it's throne. Give me the new weapon I need to grind for.

If you can honestly tell me there wasn't/isn't an issue with the meta in Destiny Crucible, I'd like to hear that side. The fact that they are taking the time to balance it out really makes me believe in the game even more. I'm glad they are nerfing/buffing weapons. It's the way it should be. Shotguns and hand cannons need a nerf. And those are my two favorite weapons to use. I was using Thorn BEFORE the buff when it was slow reload, slow RoF and the DoT was all jacked up. Why? Because I love the weapon. The FIRST Iron Banner was proof auto rifles needed a nerf. All Suros Everything. But most people don't remember those times. Hell, they don't remember when we had to run around to get planetary mats and farm chests just to level up our weapons/gear.

If you end up with all the end game gear and weapons and nothing changes, you end up with a playerbase like Destiny is right now. No one playing much, everyone waiting around for the next big thing. 
All of this but how can you miss the bigger change. EVERYTHING is easier now that we all are 34s instead of 30s and 31s.
Bungie essentially watered down the game by making us all stronger AND upping the ratings on the weapons too. Add that to the fact that EVERYTHING becomes easy with practice and repetition. Crota hard vs a level 31 and a 331 gjally wasn't a walk in the park like a 34 and a 365.
But isn't that what everyone wanted? HEY, My Fatebringer needs to be top tier again. Make it upgradeable to 365. I remember when they announced that with the House of Wolves. This whole thread was dancing and jigging and doing the cupid shuffle. Now it's a bad thing? Bungie will constantly be juggling things around. It's never ending. Bungie balances the game - HEY, this sucks. Bungie gives us what we want - HEY this is awesome but it makes everything easier. Bungie gives us all new weapons - HEY, I want my Gjallerhorn to be the top tier weapon still. No matter what it's complaints. 

PoE is a walk in the park on level 35. That thing turned into farm mode after the 2nd/3rd week. 

zero23 zero23 they didn't have to raise anything to 365. We could have just gotten prison and trials with level 32 caps and 331 weapons. People were upset that the fatebringer was stuck at a 300 and couldn't go to a 331.

Destiny adding 34 with 365s without calibration to the old things just watered anything non poe to be stupid easy. Calibrating things to level 34 just bring the question of why raise levels just to calibrate to the new level.
Bungie just needs to chill from the levels stuff and just work on content. Even the weekly night falls are a joke now

@Zero23 they didn't have to raise anything to 365. We could have just gotten prison and trials with level 32 caps and 331 weapons. People were upset that the fatebringer was stuck at a 300 and couldn't go to a 331.

Destiny adding 34 with 365s without calibration to the old things just watered anything non poe to be stupid easy. Calibrating things to level 34 just bring the question of why raise levels just to calibrate to the new level.
Bungie just needs to chill from the levels stuff and just work on content. Even the weekly night falls are a joke now
Do you think it's fun to play level 35 missions at level 32 with 331 weapons? You do realize that's almost a 70% damage handicap on top of CPU damage buff. We would be one shot by thrall and dregs. That would be lazy on the developer to "create" a challenge. The community wanted old weapons to be 365 so they got it and look what happened. 331 weapons are useless in the new 365 world. I'm frankly OK without any calibration to the old stuff. Why tweak the VoG for a level 34 mode? You want a challenge? Wear your old unleveled gear at 300 and relive the 32 days if that floats your boat. I'd rather them focus on giving us new content.

I do agree though, if they could deliver more new content that is actually fun and challenging, I'd be more than happy. The VoG raid had mechanics that were awesome. Crota's End? Not as creative but it was still something. PoE? Boring. 

I find it funny all the complaints about The Taken King so far and we haven't even played the game yet. I have faith in Bungie. They've kept me playing so far.

If you say so. Destinys "fixing" has been suspect and the end game has been what we have today which is a thorn and last word fest.

Dudes used to run around with fusion rifles (pocket infinity and plan C) auto rifles (suros and vex) because they were actually relevant. Heck, auto rifles actually meant something at one point.

Dude you sound mad you can't cheese.

Again cheesers are going to cheese. So the balancing act with the weapons is a constant process.

Skilled players are going to do damage regardless.

Again cheesers are going to cheese. So the balancing act with the weapons is a constant process.

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/72495"create" a challenge. The community wanted old weapons to be 365 so they got it and look what happened. 331 weapons are useless in the new 365 world. I'm frankly OK without any calibration to the old stuff. Why tweak the VoG for a level 34 mode? You want a challenge? Wear your old unleveled gear at 300 and relive the 32 days if that floats your boat. I'd rather them focus on giving us new content.

I do agree though, if they could deliver more new content that is actually fun and challenging, I'd be more than happy. The VoG raid had mechanics that were awesome. Crota's End? Not as creative but it was still something. PoE? Boring. 

I find it funny all the complaints about The Taken King so far and we haven't even played the game yet. I have faith in Bungie. They've kept me playing so far.
If you are comparing level 35s to level 32 then you didn't get what I was saying.

Yea I'm mad. I'm terrible at video games and you are probably awesome.
My messenger and patience and time are being nerfed and are cheesy all day.

Last edited:

@@Zero23 they didn't have to raise anything to 365. We could have just gotten prison and trials with level 32 caps and 331 weapons. People were upset that the fatebringer was stuck at a 300 and couldn't go to a 331.

Do you think it's fun to play level 35 missions at level 32 with 331 weapons? You do realize that's almost a 70% damage handicap on top of CPU damage buff. We would be one shot by thrall and dregs. That would be lazy on the developer to "create" a challenge. The community wanted old weapons to be 365 so they got it and look what happened. 331 weapons are useless in the new 365 world. I'm frankly OK without any calibration to the old stuff. Why tweak the VoG for a level 34 mode? You want a challenge? Wear your old unleveled gear at 300 and relive the 32 days if that floats your boat. I'd rather them focus on giving us new content.

If you are comparing level 35s to level 32 then you didn't get what I was saying.
Here's a new expansion, no new progression though, you and your weapons stay at the same level. Give us $40. Yeah, that makes sense right?

The PvP meta of the game from the beginning to now hasn't been OK yet and it's getting tweaked. Until they get it right, I hope they continue to do what they do.

:lol: ok
It's typical for games to drop DLC and raise the max level. 3 max levels in a 12 month span. We had 4 months to grind just to have to grind over. :rofl:

Last edited:

Nah I'm not awesome. I suggest you speak with your wallet. Don't buy TTK. I stopped playing Destiny in between Destiny and TDB and did the same between TDB and HoW. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

flawless victory. 
glasses.gif

THORN WAS MY FAVORITE GUN IN THE GAME BEFORE IT'S RISE TO FAME. PEOPLE CALLED ME CRAZY FOR USING IT IN PVP, BUT EVEN I CAN ADMIT THAT THORN WAS BEING USED O.D. IN PVP AFTER IT'S UPDATE.

NOW I'M USING NO LAND BEYOND ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY IN PVP. WONDER HOW LONG BEFORE IT HAS ITS RISE TO FAME :lol:

WITH THE ROUND ROBIN NERFS, SEEMS LIKE EVERY GUN WILL EVENTUALLY BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT.
I remember bruh, we were the only two carrying the Thorn Flag. :lol:

Nah bruh, I always been a fan of Thorn as well.

THORN WAS MY FAVORITE GUN IN THE GAME BEFORE IT'S RISE TO FAME. PEOPLE CALLED ME CRAZY FOR USING IT IN PVP, BUT EVEN I CAN ADMIT THAT THORN WAS BEING USED O.D. IN PVP AFTER IT'S UPDATE.

NOW I'M USING NO LAND BEYOND ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY IN PVP. WONDER HOW LONG BEFORE IT HAS ITS RISE TO FAME
laugh.gif

WITH THE ROUND ROBIN NERFS, SEEMS LIKE EVERY GUN WILL EVENTUALLY BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT.
I remember bruh, we were the only two carrying the Thorn Flag. 
laugh.gif
Nah bruh, I always been a fan of Thorn as well.
You absolutely right on that. 

Nah I'm not awesome. I suggest you speak with your wallet. Don't buy TTK. I stopped playing Destiny in between Destiny and TDB and did the same between TDB and HoW. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

How about canning the macho talk. I have every right to feel a certain kinda way about how things have developed and right now, I'm still not 100% sure if I'm skipping or not. Details JUST dropped. Some things need processing. I'm not a blind follower and I've played the heck out of the game.

How about canning the macho talk. I have every right to feel a certain kinda way about how things have developed and right now, I'm still not 100% sure if I'm skipping or not. Details JUST dropped. Some things need processing. I'm not a blind follower and I've played the heck out of the game.

BRUH. YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T SKIPPING. :lol:

I FULLY EXPECT TO SEE YOU LOGGING IN TO THE TAKEN KING ON MY FRIENDS LIST COME DROP DAY.

JUST LET IT WASH OVER YOU, DON'T FIGHT. BUNGIE GOT US MAN, THEY'VE GOT US.

We had 4 months to grind just to have to grind over. :rofl:

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Bungie got us out here on some eternal GRIND type stuff.................... For gear that will last 3 months. :smh:
This whole rinse and repeat thing is for the birds yo...

Sure you'll get better gear and weapons... Just so you can fight the Nexus and Archon Priest AGAIN. :lol:

BRUH. YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T SKIPPING. :lol:

I FULLY EXPECT TO SEE YOU LOGGING IN TO THE TAKEN KING ON MY FRIENDS LIST COME DROP DAY.

JUST LET IT WASH OVER YOU, DON'T FIGHT. BUNGIE GOT US MAN, THEY'VE GOT US.

Man, you're u know how much I play the game. Can u tell ol boy I don't even cheese doe :lol:

I'm seriously not sure about the taken king. I feel like they meddle too much, that my fav legendary weapons always go bye bye, and that they need to focus on actual content vs messing with the weapons.

I'm a huge destiny fan. Big bungie fun but I'm definitely not happy about some things bungie is doing to the game.

Last edited:
And you know what... Now that I think of it, I'm not even mad at bungie anymore. Activision is the devil.

Everybody got valid points, but the question is how much fun are you having with the people you play with?

Everybody got valid points, but the question is how much fun are you having with the people you play with?

A lot of people just hop on to do the dlc then peace out. I've been rolling solo a ton lately just doing crucible cheesing everyone with my non exotic primary. Because I'm mad because I'm a cheesed.
They kinda treat it like its a chore instead of really enjoying the game. I played halo and gears of war for years. Didn't need a new leveling system. Just needed some maps every now and then.

Quad Jr. is one of the main dudes I run with anytime I'm on. It's a circus every time we hit PVP anything. But I'm pretty sure he's tired of running Omingul and Valus as well. :lol:

That's the only real issue I have at this point, is that we are forced to run these same missions over and over again for better gear just so we can continue to run the same missions over and over again. If it werent for the RNG rewards at the end of nightfalls no one would be running those anymore... But every reset if you want them exotics you GOTTA do the nightfall.

Last edited:
Memphis is always on crunchy roll. Don't eem play destiny no more.... #justsaying

Memphis is always on crunchy roll. Don't eem play destiny no more.... #justsaying

THAT WORLD TRIGGER, GATE, AND ROKKA OF THE DAWN THOUGH....CRUNCHYROLL IS THE BEST SUBSCRIPTION MONEY CAN BUY AT THE MOMENT.

I BE SENDING YOU INVITES TO ROLL CRUCIBLE BUT YOU NEVER ACCEPT THEM.

I DON'T CARE THAT YOU ARE ALREADY IN A PARTY. YOU NEED TO DROP THEM AND ROLL WITH THE REAL KILLERS.

Back
Top Bottom