Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Im forever level 30. Its so hard to level my new armor without playing during the week. this sucks man i fell to the bottom of my squad's roster smh

Successfully wrecked Crota last night, my first run through it but the rest of my team was a bunch of vets. All 31s made it pretty easy. We wiped on Crota about 5x before finally getting him, although our 2nd run we had him down to a sliver of health before messing up.

Came out with gauntlets + chest from the early part of the raid and the Swordbreaker shotgun from Crota. Not the weapon that I was hoping for but oh well, plenty more opportunity in the future.

I liked VoG better to be honest.

Im forever level 30. Its so hard to level my new armor without playing during the week. this sucks man i fell to the bottom of my squad's roster smh

PS Vita remote play during lunch and get some xp that way? Damn bro. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

^Can you explain how the vita remote play works? Do you have to be in the same room as your ps4?

I've been slacking, need to run some raids and strikes with folks on here. Warlock at level 26 right now, still farming and leveling up.

PSN: BornTuesday

Got those Urn gloves from that bounty for my Titan. That took longer then I expected.
Whats the max light on these?  Had i known the urn bounties would give me gloves, i might've held off on buying the exotic Xur gloves.

Got those Urn gloves from that bounty for my Titan. That took longer then I expected.
Whats the max light on these?  Had i known the urn bounties would give me gloves, i might've held off on buying the exotic Xur gloves.
It's Light 33 = Level 31. Same as Vanguard gear. You did the right thing in grabbing an exotic. You never know when Xur will get them again.

Also, as far as aesthetics, the Eris gloves are the same as the raid gloves, just missing a bigger Hive accent piece on the shoulders.

Last edited:
^Can you explain how the vita remote play works? Do you have to be in the same room as your ps4?
I don't have one, so I'm not sure exactly but I've seen some of my friends use it. Have to link the PS4 and the Vita initially, and keep the PS4 on a wired connection for stability purposes. Then you can access the PS4 anywhere as long as your Vita has connection to the internet.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Use_PS4_Remote_Play

I don't have one, so I'm not sure exactly but I've seen some of my friends use it. Have to link the PS4 and the Vita initially, and keep the PS4 on a wired connection for stability purposes. Then you can access the PS4 anywhere as long as your Vita has connection to the internet.

I wonder if I can be a couple miles away from the ps4 and still use it as long as im in a place with wifi

Last edited:

I wonder if I can be a couple mile saway from the ps4 and still use it as long as im in a place with wifi
Yes, you can. As long as your Vita and PS4 have done the initial link, you can access your PS4. The Vita has to have some sort of WiFi to do remote play. Vita remote play of Destiny has their own unique controls too. Kinda cool.

I need to kill crota tonight. I have a slight idea of how it works but apparently there are multiple strategies?

That main reason I asked for the Vita last christmas was for remote play, lol

The new Vita has 4g/LTE speeds available now (through AT&T). I need to upgrade the router in house though. It is a 300mhz speed one so streaming intensive games can cause it to stutter some times.

That main reason I asked for the Vita last christmas was for remote play, lol

The new Vita has 4g/LTE speeds available now (through AT&T). I need to upgrade the router in house though. It is a 300mhz speed one so streaming intensive games can cause it to stutter some times.

so wait, i can be at work like (20) miles away and connect to my ps4 to do bounties while i sit at my desk pretending to work on excel sheets?!

View media item 1305985

As long as your team is coordinated and communicate well, there is no need to get to 31 before you start raiding. We made it up to Crota on the 1st night with nothing but 30s. Yes, the Crota fight itself, you will want at least 1 level 31 to be the sword bearer, but at 30, it can be done if you are all on top of your game for it.

Don't automatically rule yourself out that easily I guess is what I am trying to say, lol

As long as your team is coordinated and communicate well, there is no need to get to 31 before you start raiding. We made it up to Crota on the 1st night with nothing but 30s. Yes, the Crota fight itself, you will want at least 1 level 31 to be the sword bearer, but at 30, it can be done if you are all on top of your game for it.

Don't automatically rule yourself out that easily I guess is what I am trying to say, lol
I heard of this Titan that is almost to Level 30 and will be by tonight.... 
nerd.gif

I need to kill crota tonight. I have a slight idea of how it works but apparently there are multiple strategies?
Try the invisible blade dancer strategy.

Since the blade dancer can go invisible he'll be the sword bearer.

Just before he turns invisible he'll tell you to down crota. 

The second his invisibility kicks in he'll move towards crota whether he's down or not. (By this time crota's shields should be at 15-20%).

This maximizes the amounts of hit you can get.

If your swordbearer is confident, as soon as crota is getting up, drop the sword and blink strike him and you'll turn invisible again, then pick up the sword and just wait by crota until your team downs him again.

It also helps if the team makes orbs using their super as well.

Last edited:
Try the invisible blade dancer strategy.
Since the blade dancer can go invisible he'll be the sword bearer.
Just before he turns invisible he'll tell you to down crota. 
The second his invisibility kicks in he'll move towards crota whether he's down or not. (By this time crota's shields should be at 15-20%).
This maximizes the amounts of hit you can get.

Damn thats smart. the people I randomly joined yesterday had a warlock doing it was a mess. he kept saying let me know when his sheild is down and ended up jumping up when no one said a damn thing :lol:

Yea man b/c we made it to Crota with 3 30s and 3 29s, we failed miserably, but we made it to him nonetheless. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom