DESUS and MERO

I wonder if they decided this **** during Covid? Both stuck at home doing the show, nowhere to go. As things started opening up, they started seeing thing’s differently. Mero wanted to spend more time with the kids especially after WFH, Desus wanted to travel more. The Covid year definitely had to have an effect on their outlooks on life. No podcast since last year, one episode a week. Desus is doing Kimmel Live by himself. Mero goes to Full Size Run by himself. Desus probably sees a bigger picture creatively, Mero is comfortable where he’s at because it’s good for his family. Covid made the dividing line larger, Covid helped kill The Brand.

The one who’s in the better position is Desus. Mero needs the bag more but he can’t commit to entertainment the way that Desus can.

Desus Will Def Have Bigger Opportunities Initially But I Don’t See This Working Out Well For Either Party.

I wonder if they decided this **** during Covid? Both stuck at home doing the show, nowhere to go. As things started opening up, they started seeing thing’s differently. Mero wanted to spend more time with the kids especially after WFH, Desus wanted to travel more. The Covid year definitely had to have an effect on their outlooks on life. No podcast since last year, one episode a week. Desus is doing Kimmel Live by himself. Mero goes to Full Size Run by himself. Desus probably sees a bigger picture creatively, Mero is comfortable where he’s at because it’s good for his family. Covid made the dividing line larger, Covid helped kill The Brand.

The one who’s in the better position is Desus. Mero needs the bag more but he can’t commit to entertainment the way that Desus can.
I’m interested to see how desus does solo. Part of the reason he worked was because he had another New Yorker to bounce off of. A lot of times his humor ain’t gonna gel with the white people in Hollywood

Damn this makes me sad. Also never got to see them live. I had tickets for sometime in 2020 but then stupid COVID shut the world down in NY 😩

Damn this makes me sad. Also never got to see them live. I had tickets for sometime in 2020 but then stupid COVID shut the world down in NY 😩

I regret not getting a ticket to see a live taping of the show (even though I tried a few times). I also regret not going to the 5 Boro tour. I went to the Popup in Queens right before the show (they did the Queens show at Queens College) but didn’t go to the actual show. I did cop the Peralta Project t-shirt for the Queens stop tho:

7946B146-66BD-4B29-ADFD-E2B836BC37A5.jpeg
B523B779-73ED-4F96-B59C-9E41787181CF.jpeg
A203D039-541A-4ADF-8EB1-0890FA9B1E0E.jpeg
7D364410-652F-4357-98F7-D8D28F32615C.jpeg

The general admission tickets were sold out by that point. All that was left were the $100 VIP tickets which I didn’t think were worth it tbh. I did get to see them live some time later at Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in 2018, in full Knicks gear. I believe that’s where the Lox vs Dipset Verzuz happened. This was the poster they handed out at the D&M show.

3361BF0D-7213-4C66-9F4E-070B0C61C2E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if any of y'all are in the Bodega Boys subreddit, but it's crazy the reach they had in the last 10 years. Sucks I never got to see a live show. Covid ruined that.

Nah its definitely beef
The full Mero episode on the Math Hoffa pod was released. It's def some beef.
Like I know you don't wanna make it all about someone else but for how long the pod was, he barely mentioned Desus and for someone a part of a duo, that's def not normal. There was also slick lines so IMO Mero wasn't ****ing with him at the time.

Story sounds true but sounds like dudes just outgrew each other professionally and as homies. It happens…except to the LOX.

They really should of had a sit down to settle out their differences and problems or maybe they did. They’d make much more and be much bigger together then separate. If that’s the case then they really don’t like each other anymore.

Back
Top Bottom