DESUS and MERO

It’s wild to me that they used to joke about this happening one day and now it’s reality :smh: it was surreal to see them have Jeter on the show kinda like a full circle moment and now they’re done. Makes me wonder as I watch recent clips or videos how much of their interactions were “forced” with each other.

Heard they weren’t even interacting with each other at the celebrity softball game this past weekend too. I guess that’s business for ya :frown:

Sad day for Bodegahive :smh:

I knew it was coming soon as Desus started making more Eurotrips

Saw them live in Austin a few years ago and they were both beyond gone off alcohol and weed. It was a good time. They both generally seem like good dudes, but their lifestyles are too different now.

Desus has no kids and the money to travel more now which he apparently likes to do. And Mero got money, 4 kids, and most enjoys getting blazed in his basement.

It sucks that this is happening, but I can’t say I am too surprised. They connected on Twitter later in life and didn’t even hang out in high school. I doubt they hung out at all outside of the podcast given their different family situations.

Last edited:
Best if they’d work as a duo. I can’t see it working out individually. Behind the scenes maybe.

I think they’ll both be fine on their own—they’re both talented and deep enough in the industry to be able to consistently work. But yeah, I can’t see either of them excelling in the pod/TV lane solo.

Shock to me.

I dunno how long ago stuff like the bar vids were shot but I really saw no signs of them falling out.

I been noticed they ain’t do a pod but just figured they were prioritizing and didn’t want to have too much on their plate.

Sounds like just the pod but that's wild awkward for everything else. Dudes barely do **** anyways, feels like less than 20 eps of the TV show a whole year. They move like those professional women who climb the ladder until they get a rich husband and say **** this.

Saw them live in Austin a few years ago and they were both beyond gone off alcohol and weed. It was a good time. They both generally seem like good dudes, but their lifestyles are too different now.

Desus has no kids and the money to travel more now which he apparently likes to do. And Mero got money, 4 kids, and most enjoys getting blazed in his basement.

It sucks that this is happening, but I can’t say I am too surprised. They connected on Twitter later in life and didn’t even hang out in high school. I doubt they hung out at all outside of the podcast given their different family situations.

When you put it like that that’s real life stuff. I’m sure we’ve all been in their shoes, grown distant from homies we’d thought would be there for life. Sometimes it don’t even need direct beef, just one day to the next you realize it’s been like 6 months since you chilled with them lol. A hard reality of life I find difficult to navigate sometimes myself

Sounds like just the pod but that's wild awkward for everything else. Dudes barely do **** anyways, feels like less than 20 eps of the TV show a whole year. They move like those professional women who climb the ladder until they get a rich husband and say **** this.
Feels like they take a “break” every 6 weeks. They need better management because it looks like they will fizzle out

Yeah I don't know if dudes got something brewing in the background or what. I understand work life balance but sheesh. Then they wonder why they don't get Emmy nominations even though people **** with them.

I see how this is shocking for a lot of folks but I kinda saw this coming for a couple years now.

Ever since they got the Vice show it seemed as if Desus was willing to "play the game" and use the show as a springboard to put himself in position to do bigger things, while Mero just seemed to be along for the ride and perfectly content with where he's at.

You always see Desus mingling with celebs and business/industry people, meanwhile Mero is just on IG Live gettin baked in his basement. Seems like Mero is cool with sticking to the formula that got them there, which is NYC/BX humor, while Desus wants to expand and appeal to a more mainstream audience.

I see how this is shocking for a lot of folks but I kinda saw this coming for a couple years now.

Ever since they got the Vice show it seemed as if Desus was willing to "play the game" and use the show as a springboard to put himself in position to do bigger things, while Mero just seemed to be along for the ride and perfectly content with where he's at.

You always see Desus mingling with celebs and business/industry people, meanwhile Mero is just on IG Live gettin baked in his basement. Seems like Mero is cool with sticking to the formula that got them there, which is NYC/BX humor, while Desus wants to expand and appeal to a more mainstream audience.
The thing is, desus doesn’t seem to actually be doing anything with that new clout. He’s just hanging with celebs and traveling. It’s not like you see desus nice as the witty black sidekick in a movie

Anyway money changes people. Not always a bad thing but it is what it is. I’m sure if I got a bunch of money I’d start acting differently too. But it seems like they weren’t on the same page for when the money came in. Do you wanna make money and rock out or do you want to play celebrity

But I knew it was donezo once I saw desus bald headed and proud mingling with random celebs and the podcast ain’t have a new ep in ages

Last edited:
This lady I used to mess with is a HUGE fan of Desus and Mero, going back to when they were only a podcast.

On some hipster "I was a fan before everyone was" steez.

She even subscribes to Showtime just to watch their TV show.

I haven't talked to her in months, I should hit her up and ask her how she feels right now.

Today is probably one of the saddest days of her life. :lol:

Definitely see Desus having another platform, probably go the Joe Budden route. Mero just gonna be a Puerto Rican version of Akademiks but who is funny.

Definitely see Desus having another platform, probably go the Joe Budden route. Mero just gonna be a Puerto Rican version of Akademiks but who is funny.
Mero never been that funny to me and he’s definitely not in the realm of an akademiks

Mero never been that funny to me and he’s definitely not in the realm of an akademiks
I can get where you saying mero not funny cause he does goes OD plenty of times, where it’s kinda cringeworthy. But akademiks fam……..

You Akademiks in disguise. I see you fam

1658185770113.gif

These dudes really must have some serious beef to walk away from where The Brand is at now. Wild.

Personally I think the writing was on the wall at Showtime—it never quite hit like I wanted it to and I know lots of others feel the same. Using the show ending to announce different creative directions sounds like some PR **** to try to minimize rumors/speculation into their personal issues.

Back
Top Bottom