DETAILED PICS OF "OREO" 6'S

Originally Posted by jsonmyfeet

Originally Posted by sickickz23

just got these babies. finally own a pair of vi's. they fit pretty snug. i'm just scared for the ice to turn yellow
nerd.gif
. all i can say is that these shoes are fresh! i got cookies and cream 4's, and now some oreo 6's. might as well call me the cookie monster. lol.
smh.gif
  idk what's worse, this or cherry XIIs
indifferent.gif

you don't like 'em because you probably don't have a pair. i thought the cookie and crem 4's were fugly as heck when i started wearing them, but they grew onto me, and seeing that i rarely see people rockin' them, i feel a lot better about owning a pair. but people do have their own perception on certain shoes, no doubt. all i'm saying is, if you got 'em, rock 'em. they're just shoes you guys. no need to get all butt-hurt on a shoe, when everyone has their own taste.
he was talking about the ugly nicknames, not the actual shoe
and by "cookies and cream" do you mean the white/cement pair or the black/cement pair?
either way
laugh.gif
at the nickname

just got these babies. finally own a pair of vi's. they fit pretty snug. i'm just scared for the ice to turn yellow
nerd.gif
. all i can say is that these shoes are fresh! i got cookies and cream 4's, and now some oreo 6's. might as well call me the cookie monster. lol.
smh.gif
  idk what's worse, this or cherry XIIs
indifferent.gif

you don't like 'em because you probably don't have a pair. i thought the cookie and crem 4's were fugly as heck when i started wearing them, but they grew onto me, and seeing that i rarely see people rockin' them, i feel a lot better about owning a pair. but people do have their own perception on certain shoes, no doubt. all i'm saying is, if you got 'em, rock 'em. they're just shoes you guys. no need to get all butt-hurt on a shoe, when everyone has their own taste.

no i actually have a pair of oreo 4s, or black/cool grey 4s. Next time do some research before u try and expose me.

I actually like those 4s, missed out on the RD, and waited a long long time to get my hands on the pair.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

There's nothing wrong with these shoes. GR is just another term for widely available but by no means does it mean these shoes are trash. I was on the bubble, and was contemplating not even coppin' these shoes until I went to the mall on Friday and saw them already on display...

Another thing that bothers me is when dudes talk about the speckles of the shoe being "out of place". White cement IV's were an 89 OG model and the speckles definitely helped accentuate that shoe even more.....these are a decent pair of VI's here people...not an OG colorway, but these are proper.
well to me the speckles or spots blend in better with a lighter color of that grey used. So yeah, that would work. But in a contrast colorway of just black and white, to me the speckles on the midsole do not bode well. Plus the white cement IV's had that speckle all over the grey in the shoe. Whereas these only have it on the midsole. Why not everywhere on the shoe that has black on it, not just the midsole, lacelocks and spoiler? It's like JB couldn't decide whether or not to put the white spots on all or none. So they went halfway and reached a medium. Kind of like a compromise.

To be fair, the white cement IV's have speckles on the grey midsole and grey heel tab also...nowhere else on the shoe. So how are these VI's any different? They have speckles on the midsole and heel tab spoiler..so I can clearly see the contrast JB was looking for when they went with the idea....

I don't know, to me it fits....whereas most people seem to be disappointed with the speckles, I almost passed due to the black color blocking off the white base...it didn't wow me in pics, so I checked em' out in person, and I liked em'. I probably would've passed on this shoe without the speckle effect since it looks too much like a blacked out carmine VI Jordan.

These are different because of the black and the grey on the IVs.
laugh.gif
 Seriously, like I stated, if these VI's have the white spots on everywhere, including the black leather area of the shoes, then the cw would fare better to me. But to go two thirds on the speckle(unlike the white cement and oreo 4s, where the black spots are EVERYWHERE on the grey parts of the shoe.

so the speckles made a difference in your decision in purchasing them. Well we just agree to disagree cuz I think that if it was purely an all black and white VI cw, then I would've copped. The speckles on only two thirds of the shoe kills it for me. Like I stated b4, imo I think JB was undecided on whether to put the white spots on all of the shoe or not.

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

i would like to see someone paint the speckled parts all black i know would make them look better
I was thinking of doing it as a custom, but then I would need to remove all the speckled areas on the lace locks which would take some work to make it look clean and neat without messing up the Jumpman on it. 

Maybe if I'll look for some spare black lace locks and try this out.  Then it would surely look like a similar to the carmine.

eh, making comparisons between motorsports and oreos is kinda pointless. i mean to each his own. i think oreos look nice actually, but i still like my motorsports. people shouldn't get knocked because of whatever they prefer...
tired.gif
just my 2cents...

There's nothing wrong with these shoes. GR is just another term for widely available but by no means does it mean these shoes are trash. I was on the bubble, and was contemplating not even coppin' these shoes until I went to the mall on Friday and saw them already on display...

Another thing that bothers me is when dudes talk about the speckles of the shoe being "out of place". White cement IV's were an 89 OG model and the speckles definitely helped accentuate that shoe even more.....these are a decent pair of VI's here people...not an OG colorway, but these are proper.
well to me the speckles or spots blend in better with a lighter color of that grey used. So yeah, that would work. But in a contrast colorway of just black and white, to me the speckles on the midsole do not bode well. Plus the white cement IV's had that speckle all over the grey in the shoe. Whereas these only have it on the midsole. Why not everywhere on the shoe that has black on it, not just the midsole, lacelocks and spoiler? It's like JB couldn't decide whether or not to put the white spots on all or none. So they went halfway and reached a medium. Kind of like a compromise.

To be fair, the white cement IV's have speckles on the grey midsole and grey heel tab also...nowhere else on the shoe. So how are these VI's any different? They have speckles on the midsole and heel tab spoiler..so I can clearly see the contrast JB was looking for when they went with the idea....

I don't know, to me it fits....whereas most people seem to be disappointed with the speckles, I almost passed due to the black color blocking off the white base...it didn't wow me in pics, so I checked em' out in person, and I liked em'. I probably would've passed on this shoe without the speckle effect since it looks too much like a blacked out carmine VI Jordan.

These are different because of the black and the grey on the IVs.
laugh.gif
 Seriously, like I stated, if these VI's have the white spots on everywhere, including the black leather area of the shoes, then the cw would fare better to me. But to go two thirds on the speckle(unlike the white cement and oreo 4s, where the black spots are EVERYWHERE on the grey parts of the shoe.

so the speckles made a difference in your decision in purchasing them. Well we just agree to disagree cuz I think that if it was purely an all black and white VI cw, then I would've copped. The speckles on only two thirds of the shoe kills it for me. Like I stated b4, imo I think JB was undecided on whether to put the white spots on all of the shoe or not.

black leather on these VIs? where?

just copped for 110....happy with the purchase...glad i passed on the MS for these, they have more of a balance of color and not so white'd out....

Is someone on the Celtics at the end of the bench tonight VS. the Mavs wearing the Oreo 6's? Is it Finley? If someone could post pics that would be awesome.

PS I got money on the Celts, Bean Town Baby

I caved in and copped @ a steep disco....Can't complain really....plus looks like i'm going on hiatus with JB for a min.
IMO I think this is the last quality JB release till the summer .......

Nice seein' them in action up there^^^^^^^^

I'm very happy with my pair.  They pass the inspection.  And if I'm not mistaken, the black color blocking is all durabuck?  Please correct me if I am wrong.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom