Detroit Lions @ Denver Broncos Vol. MegatronBACK

I don't know why they insist on Tebow throwing 15 or more yards down the field...The quick slant is wide open and is going to get you 5-7 yards a pop. Makes 3rd downs so much more manageable.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

*patiently waiting for someone to post Tebow getting Tebowed*
tebowed.gif

Man this isnt even a game this is detroit playing practice scrimmage.

Great first half. Would like to see the Lions go up another score or 2 and then put Hill in. No reason for Stafford to be in much longer and risk getting hurt. Would like to see Megatron get a score or 2, came close on that one to the goal line and got tripped up on a play earlier and he would have been off to the races. Defense has stepped up after that first series. Going to get several more sacks on Tebow, hopefully force some turnovers.

Welcome to facing a good defense Tebow.

Calvin is a beast. Good confidence booster after the two close losses.

Tebow's stats so far is ...
4/13 for 37 yards.... the game is in the 3rd qtr...

really??.. this is the QB everyone is defending??...

I really want you to tell what quarterback in the NFL would succeed in that offense ... Remember, Kyle Orton went from pro bowl numbers to absolutely horrid to start this year ... Their o-line is disgusting and their wide receivers are remedial ...

^They have really good WR's actually. The problem right now is the playcalling. Lynch is summing it up perfectly. Say what you want about Tebow and his long throwing motiong, but these continual plays that call for down the field throws are putting the Broncos in a bad position. Quick slant still open and quick passing plays period are available but not being called. John Fox is doing a horrible job.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^They have really good WR's actually. The problem right now is the playcalling. Lynch is summing it up perfectly. Say what you want about Tebow and his long throwing motiong, but these continual plays that call for down the field throws are putting the Broncos in a bad position. Quick slant still open and quick passing plays period are available but not being called. John Fox is doing a horrible job.

wh-double-facepalm1.jpg

So, Fox's playcalling is taking Tebow's ineffiencies in consideration and giving the Broncos the best chance to win?

Don't play yourself kid...I'm not seeing anything I like out of Tebow, but if he's your man, you gotta call the game the way it needs to be.

Chris Houston would have caught that pick...the ball just hit him in a bad spot. His hands.

Don't play yourself kid...I'm not seeing anything I like out of Tebow, but if he's your man, you gotta call the game the way it needs to be.

They can only call so many QB draws and jump passes, though.

Quick slants, hitches, out routes (called one and the throw was $, but came up short). You didn't see many of those and the cushion is there with man on man..Wide open!!!!  If you got a QB with his long %!* delivery you don't call PA (have no running game anyway) and you don't throw a post or any routes beyond 10 yards. Makes no goddamn sense.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

They can only call so many QB draws and jump passes, though.
roll.gif

Quick slants, hitches, out routes (called one and the throw was $, but came up short). You didn't see many of those and the cushion is there with man on man..Wide open!!!!  If you got a QB with his long %!* delivery you don't call PA (have no running game anyway) and you don't throw a post or any routes beyond 10 yards. Makes no goddamn sense.

And then you create a situation where the defense has no fear of a deep threat. So they smother those 10-15 yards. The Broncos have no running game so no defense is afraid of them actually gaining yards on the ground.

True and false thing is tebow takes far to long to pass the ball so even if they ran quick slants etc by the time he gets the ball off the man wouldnt be open. What they are doing is play calling catering to the plays of how he is use to in college, thing is its just that college. Thats not gonna cut it in the pros. Its a give and a curse he cant pass quick enough for short routes, and he doesnt have the arm, the accuracy, nor the vision for passes down the field.

Back
Top Bottom