"Detroit. The automobile capital that once was" Told in pictures

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by Essential1

Capitalism encapsulated.... One of the saddest stories that can be told through pictures.

Take one extreme example and present it as typical.

Brilliant.

Midwest is littered with towns like this.... Detroit is the most well known becuse it was/is a major metropolitan city.

Capitalism encapsulated.... One of the saddest stories that can be told through pictures.

Brilliant.

Midwest is littered with towns like this.... Detroit is the most well known becuse it was/is a major metropolitan city.

Brilliant.

Do you think these towns would be better off if capitalism didn't exist? Or if there was a different financial system in place?

Brilliant.

Do you think these towns would be better off if capitalism didn't exist? Or if there was a different financial system in place?

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

"It's so cold in the D"
eek.gif
lmao
messed up tho

Originally Posted by Zach13g

i like this one, clock just melted away...
2j6xds.jpg

Funny thing is that CT wasnt burned down necessarily....there were homeless people living in there and they made a mistake and set the first floor on fire .....Im glad I spent my freshman year in the old building, had more memories there than my other three in the new one combined *O Well*

Originally Posted by Zach13g

i like this one, clock just melted away...
2j6xds.jpg

Funny thing is that CT wasnt burned down necessarily....there were homeless people living in there and they made a mistake and set the first floor on fire .....Im glad I spent my freshman year in the old building, had more memories there than my other three in the new one combined *O Well*

Brilliant.

The same thing that made these town prosperous at one time, also left these areas in financial ruins...  But "that's the breaks, kid"......  

Not saying whether or not capitalism is great or not, but you can't deny that the cause for these current conditions in a place like Detroit or another city for example Gary, Indiana  is capitalism.. 

Brilliant.

The same thing that made these town prosperous at one time, also left these areas in financial ruins...  But "that's the breaks, kid"......  

Not saying whether or not capitalism is great or not, but you can't deny that the cause for these current conditions in a place like Detroit or another city for example Gary, Indiana  is capitalism.. 

Capitalism encapsulated.... One of the saddest stories that can be told through pictures

roll.gif

Dude, Detroit is a prime example of your Utopia.

Capitalism encapsulated.... One of the saddest stories that can be told through pictures

roll.gif

Dude, Detroit is a prime example of your Utopia.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

G'z.. Who owns all this stuff? Why did it just go to +%%% like that?

That is what I was thinking while looking at the pictures.
It'll will be easier and cheaper to buy the more decayed and eroded it gets. Just another real estate economic cycle.  

Back
Top Bottom