"Devaluation of the Nike Air Jordan Line"...

That was a good read. I think the devaluation is due mostly to over saturation, among other reasons mentioned.

i didnt read maybe later but
roll.gif
at that mj pic

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

This is all coming from a guy who buys spizikes?

roll.gif
ouch!...and fusions if I read correctly...
laugh.gif

but seriously, Jordan has done a terrible job maintaining his legacy...both of the brand and himself...but maybe that was his plan all along...he just wanted to live a little once he was done playing and be out of the spotlight, so he partied while questionable decisions were being made with his brand...his wife divorced him and that probably made him want to be drunk most of the time...The man was the most disciplined and perfect person around for 20+ years, probably just needed to get some %@@ out of his system...and did he ever!

now that hes the owner of the cats, and he sees his shoes hitting clearance, hopefully he gets back to being on point with his decisions...only time will tell.

Like others have said, many of us are in our 30's and truly realize the value of a buck. It has become just plain irritating paying more than we did in the 90's for shoes that not only have visible flaws but performance flaws as well. Back then they meant something, but when you see the same jumpman on 300 different shoes, it simply no longer does. Best thing we can do is remember the old times and hope they begin to treat the brand the way it should be treated as opposed to the out-of-control marketing monster machine it has become.

oh yeA AND. . .yew tawkihn bout F U S I O N S ?its not like you saw the REAL black/cements for $54. . .the retros are STILL costin an arm and a leg. but hey. o well.

The whole Jordan Brand line is GARBAGE...it's like the ghetto/hood section of Nike.

Even their new shoes are garbage...their lines are garbage...melo and CP3 are screwed while KD is getting awesome shoes from Nike.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

over saturation might be the problem more than anything.  too many retros being released, too many fusions, too many other shoes in general.  there are just too many shoes out there to choose from and too many basketball shoes at that.  it seems like 50 jordan retros and countless other jb shoes, 30 lebrons, 25 kobes, and many others.  nothing really seems special anymore and people can't and won't buy everything just to buy it.  i can't stand limited releases but i just think the number of releases should be cut down.

Yup. They're bombarding everyone with new releases. 

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

The whole Jordan Brand line is GARBAGE...it's like the ghetto/hood section of Nike.

Even their new shoes are garbage...their lines are garbage...melo and CP3 are screwed while KD is getting awesome shoes from Nike.

Were your other 7,500 post this stupid?

Some of you I wonder why you're on a sneaker board.

Back
Top Bottom