Devil Rays New " SAILBOAT " Stadium .......pics

[h4]Rays' 'sailboat' stadium[/h4]
ept_sports_mlb_experts-126587184-1203514557.jpg

Don't adjust your monitors, people. Pictured above is a rendering of the Rays' proposed $450 million waterfront stadium in St. Petersburg. The photos of this plan have been available for some time, but the team just released this image yesterday, which features the park with the roof in the "closed" position. As you can tell from the photo, translucence is king. And after seeing those Lindsay Lohan photos in New York magazine, I have to ask: Who doesn't love translucence?

The roof is supposed to resemble a sail and I suppose it does. But it also kinda looks like a kids' pillow fort. Not to mention that the long post in the outfield originally reminded me of Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

Still, I really like this plan, which could be completed as early as 2012. It'll be unique to the Bay area and it's obvious that anything has to be better than Tropicana Field. The sad truth is that until the Rays and Marlins get new stadiums, I'll never attempt to hit every ballpark in the bigs.

This design would make the Florida swing worth it, though.

Now if only they could figure out how to equip it with A/C.

homepage_tbdr_image.gif

57_BallPark2.jpg

57_BallPark3.jpg

57_final5small%20roof2.jpg

The roof comes off
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

57_CGI%20Ballpark%20Shot%20_%20low-Sml.jpg

Seems like a good idea to me. VERY unique. I wouldnt mind visiting the Devil Rays after they build that stadium.

In my opinion it looks like a space shuttle
laugh.gif

Arrive to the ball game in a jet ski
pimp.gif

Nothing like building a crazy expensive stadium for 1500 fans that show up. Waste of money IMO.

Even if the D-Rays win 100 games a season, they wouldnt sell tickets. Florida isn't a baseball market.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Even if the D-Rays win 100 games a season, they wouldnt sell tickets. Florida isn't a baseball market.
eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

When the D-Rays start competing with teams like Boston and New York they WILL draw big crowds. St. Pete can draw crowds/fans for sure.

florida isnt a market for anything...people move over there to either retire or party. baseball doesnt sell, basketball doesnt sell, only the dolphins havesuccess with anything

I like it... I love when a stadium is unique, or has features you can describe and be like "Yeah, that's x's stadium or x field..."

Like when you say stadium with...

Ivy walls - Wrigley Field
Green Monster - Fenway Park
Monument Park or The Facade - Yankee Stadium
B&O Warehouse - Oriole Park at Camden Yards

I wouldn't mind traveling to see this one when it's done...

They have to somehow move out of the A.L. East to ever win something. They are a team on the rise, that's for sure, but it will be hard to compete for thattop spot in the A.L. East with the Yankees and Red Sox.

*Blue Jays are always on and off, and the O's just suck*.

they should just combine the marlines and the rays. they will still proably only have 10 fans at each game tho

That's a really nice Stadium.

They are in the AL East, so they play the Yankees and Red Sox a butt load during the season, so they should draw thousands.

Oh yeah and, it would be nice to have a winning team on the field, open the wallets and get key free agents.
wink.gif

Anything's better than Tropicana. That thing looks like someone dropped a Campbell's soup can in the middle of the highway.

that's a fantastic vision of a stadium, but it won't get done. y'all really think all the retired geezers that reside in tampa are gonna throw upmoney to fund a baseball stadium?
roll.gif

so many yankee fans live in tampa because they are old people who liked the yankees when they were younger. tampa plays boston and the yankees like 40 times ayear. they WILL draw people to a stadium as long as they stop being a farm system for the rest of the american league.

very nice building.....theyll probably draw in big crowds for the first few years and then once the novelty wears off, attendance will drop big time and thenit becomes a waste.

Back
Top Bottom