Devs (miniseries) by FX and streamining on Hulu 3-05-20

who's excited for this show besides me? it's by alex garland, the same guy that did ex machina and annihilation.
Devs is centered around Lily Chan, a computer engineer investigating a quantum computing company called Amaya, run by Forest. She believes this company is responsible for the disappearance of her boyfriend.

Patiently waiting for the show to pop up on Hulu.

Side note - definitely watch Ex Machina and Annihilation if you haven't already.

Wait so this is on Hulu but not the standard FX?!? Guess I'll be finding an alternative way to watch as I don't have Hulu. Show looks very intriguing though.

i’ve only watched one of the two episodes that are out. it’s shot beautifully. soundtrack is great. i’m intrigued so far.

whoever decided to cast ron swanson as the lead in this series made a great choice.
C876F13F-C21C-4342-AA22-94365F2A8324.jpeg

this show is a slow burn so far but with enough sparks to say i’m all in for the 8 episodes. if you didn’t like ex machina, i wouldn’t suggest you watch it.

this song in episode 2 was beautiful.

Oh, and Jamie is a simp. I wonder if that will change over the series but his character so far is sad to watch

Just stumbled upon this last night, So very Alex Garland. Reminds me a ton of Ex Machina (as expected). Hadn't heard much before it dropped, but I'm all in. The tone is right up my alley, just hope it doesn't get too self absorbed or pretentious.

episode 3 was pretty good. the acting remains on point. super reminiscent of ex machina and if you’ve ever read the book pattern recognition by william gibson, it has a similar vibe also.

5 more eps to go.

Immediately noticed the Ex Machina vibes in the trailer. I just started Ep1. The older, Black dude I've seen before in Manhattan. He was in Fences with Denzel and a lot of other movies/shows.

Really hoping the slow burn is worth the payoff. EP3 wanted to spell certain things out just in case folks were losing interest or getting too confused.. honestly still undecided on how I feel about it so far

episode 4 was another good one. the acting in the show is really good. no spoilers but she shouldn’t have made that call 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm watching ep 2. That ex dude is a simp. If we broke up on bad terms, I ain't finna help you especially not regarding your new dude. And especially not for some secret encrypted state government spy ****.

So far I've enjoyed this series. Haven't watched episode 6 yet, but will be shortly. I don't mind the pace of the show, and I definitely recommend this as a must watch.

I really like how they've slowly developed the multiverse theory, and am real interested to see what comes next. Ultimately, it seems as Forest is trying to somehow get himself back to a world where his daughter still exists.

Back
Top Bottom