Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

Dexter COULD have closed just like Breaking Bad has.

Those first 5 seasons were PERFECT. The end of season 5 was Deb having Dex backed into a corner, and not even looking. THAT, is where they lost themselves. It was RIGHT THERE. End the season with that reveal, and start 6 with that, and instead of sending Deb into a hissy fit, have her be a cop and make her decide how to stop him. Have him go against her, just like Walt and Hank did.

It was RIGHT THERE. Season 6, clash clash clash clash. Tense as ****. And then come back for 7-8 or just 7, whatever, and battle it out. Get Quinn involved, Angel, Mathews, everyone. Is was there. Still coulda brought Vogel in, it was all there for them.

And they punted. :smh:

Whoever thought of Vogel as being the showcase character for the last season of this series should be banned from ever working in Hollywood again.

In fact, that person who thought of Vogel and casted Vogel for this season should be completed exiled from California.

What a horrendous choice of a character and actress for a main focus of a series ending season.

Last edited:
So can ANYONE explain to me the point of faking his death?

I mean REALLY

He was given green light to go from the police department

All he had to do was go to Argentina and be happy with Hannah and his Son.

Done.

I'm scratching my head over this too. Dude went out like a real coward to me, leaving your son in the hands of a fugitive for no reason :smh: :smh:

Dexter COULD have closed just like Breaking Bad has.

Those first 5 seasons were PERFECT. The end of season 5 was Deb having Dex backed into a corner, and not even looking. THAT, is where they lost themselves. It was RIGHT THERE. End the season with that reveal, and start 6 with that, and instead of sending Deb into a hissy fit, have her be a cop and make her decide how to stop him. Have him go against her, just like Walt and Hank did.

It was RIGHT THERE. Season 6, clash clash clash clash. Tense as ****. And then come back for 7-8 or just 7, whatever, and battle it out. Get Quinn involved, Angel, Mathews, everyone. Is was there. Still coulda brought Vogel in, it was all there for them.

And they punted. :smh:

Punted??!, how about they threw a pick six and fumbled on the next possession. :lol:

WTF did i just watch?

Got dudes rollin dead people out of hospitals now?
Got wanted dudes killing people in a busy *** supermarket parking lot and just driving away?
Got wanted dudes walking around a hospital with a gun?
Got dudes surviving hurricanes in the middle of the ocean?
Got dudes passing up on living a life with a dime piece blonde and your son in Australia to be a lumberjack in Oregon?

Where dey do dat at?

WTF did i just watch?

Got dudes rollin dead people out of hospitals now?
Got wanted dudes killing people in a busy *** supermarket parking lot and just driving away?
Got wanted dudes walking around a hospital with a gun?
Got dudes surviving hurricanes in the middle of the ocean?
Got dudes passing up on living a life with a dime piece blonde and your son in Australia to be a lumberjack in Oregon?

Where dey do dat at?

Reading this made me :lol:

Last edited:
CP I agree with you.

That Season 5 finale was setup perfectly for Deb to find out Dexter's secret. Dexter, Lumen, and Deb in the same room, only a sheet of plastic separating them. Had me excited and anxious, then they went the conservative route.
mean.gif

Could've been worse.

Could've been better.

All in all, glad that I followed this show. It went downhill in the later seasons, but you can't expect a show to carry that momentum through 8 seasons.

Some of y'all complain a bit too much.
If everyone were to take this approach no one would've even watched this train wreck finally finish. It was great and it became really bad.

I mean if we're suppose to expect the show not to be good for a long period of time why is the show continuing for a long period of time? 8 seasons and this kind of ending?

There's no excuses for this. Saying it could've been worse isn't looking at the bright side of things. You can say anything can be worse than it is.

Actually, saying something could be worse IS looking at the bright side of things.

Hence the popular saying, "on the bright side, it could have been a lot worse" :lol:

CRAP. CRAP. CRAP.

Most of my gripes have been said most of them more ridiculous than the other.

I was :rofl:

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has seen a hurricane coming in on The Weather Channel at least.

An example:
View media item 588772
You expect us to believe a 20-ft boat can cruise, dock at a port right by the hospital, get a human body and take it "out to sea" then capsize and Dex can survive in Catagory 3 winds and swells.

That's a ****** joke.

My ending:

Saxon kidnaps Harrison and Deb, Dex walks in and has to choose between the two, Deb says ,"Let me go, this is what i deserve." Saxon kills Deb, Sax gives himself up to Dexter for his final kill (I mean who was the last person on his table), a kill of passion and closer. Harrison watches Dex kill, and is covered in Saxons blood as Bautista walks in and arrests him in his kill room. Harrison takes the code and legacy forward.

The End.

Game Over.

I wish Deb would have killed Dexter instead of LaGuerta and it would have ended after season seven.

I wish Deb would have killed Dexter instead of LaGuerta and it would have ended after season seven.
been saying that since the start off 8. 8 was the worst season and finale ever. Makes Sopranos and The Wire's look epic. I'm tired of these producers leaving us with senseless ending.

the finale would have been half decent had it just ended after Dexter rode off onto the Hurricane. Dexter's last two victims would have been Deb and himself.

I really liked the Dexter that had no emotions. Didn't he say something like he was with Rita to seem normal, as he did not have the ability to love? Remember when he used to feel horrible after a long streak without a kill? They complete threw that away the past two seasons.

In hindsight, it should have ended with Dexter discovering Rita in the tub.

Been steaming it and I really think The season when Hannah was arrested was where it ALL fell apart. Hannah could have just been a steady character and it would have Dexter and Family the Show. Would have been great for the step kids to come back and all. So many things could have been better,

Breaking Bad's' finale this week could be replay's of Hank on the ***tter and it'd still top that nonsense i just watched...

All I want to know is if deb died or nah if so how.

Seems like I made the right move dropping this show after season 2 couldn't get "lost'ed" again

All I want to know is if deb died or nah if so how.

Seems like I made the right move dropping this show after season 2 couldn't get "lost'ed" again

Yes, similar to keylime pie. Was a mercy kill by Dex, pulled the plug. Nary a nurse came when all her machines turned off.

He walked her right out of the hospital, onto a boat, in his kill outfit. So, you missed that. :lol:

I gave up on the show halfway through season 6, I still intended on finishing it at some point, but never got around to it.

Sorry it was so terrible :lol: I do feel like I was "one of the lucky ones" who managed to quit cold turkey and give up the show like it was a drug. You poor souls were still there every week trying to get your next fix and look what they've done to you :smh:

Stopped watching half-way through this season because the story was getting gawd awful. Just read the ep summaries on wikipedia, and I can say I'm glad I didn't waste anymore time than I did.

man,i wasn't even complaining about season 8 like most of you, but that Finale left me speechless, in a bad way.  it was ******g pathetic.  No Dexter being outed as the butcher, nobody grieving over Dexters fake death (Besides Angel saying "Dexter?" on the phone) and WTF was up with Hannah's response? one tear and then its off to get Ice Cream? jesus christ.

and where the **** was Masuka that whole episode?  he was just gone? nobody called him about Deb getting shot?

BTW this was supposedly the ending, the idiot douchebag writers decided to change it for whatever reason.  not that it was amazing, but it beat the hell out of the one i just watched

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom