Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

I dont think that Vogel is "The Killer" in the same sense that all the other Main antagonists have been where they carry out the kills. I could see them trying to run with the angle that she gets close to her patients and manipulates them into doing her dirty work for her. From the preview she seems to get pretty close with Dex and encourages him that there is nothing wrong with him and that "He's perfect"

But to be honest I think she is only there to bring Dexter back from thinking he is a bad person and that if other people have a problem with what he does (Deb) then **** em'

The "Killer" probably isnt going to be the main focal point of this season since it is coming to an end now. The main focus will be Deb and Dex and how this whole thing is going to come to an end.

Technically the cycle already started, with Rita's death right in front of him. And Dexter finding him sitting in the pool of her blood just like him when younger.
Technically, but lets not pretend that Harrison was able to grasp what happened, where as Dexter was completely aware of what happened to his Mother. Dexter was 3 when his mother was killed in front of him. Phrenology teaches us our earliest memories of recollection stem from the age of 3. Harrison in season 8 is 3 btw.

Why won't she be able to handle herself? Yeah you've already said her victims are most likely weak but why? Right now you're just saying things and not giving any reason why. Then just repeating yourself.

Looking at the history of this series plenty unassuming ppl have been able to handle themselves.
Because she's frail.
She would most likely go after those types of people because they're easy kills.
I'm skeptical that she has been a successful serial killer for so long without having to actually get her hands dirty.
Is this so hard to understand?
Umm yeah, I already addressed this frail talk. There's been frail killers before.

As for the so long part, she could've taken a break like Trinity and Chase.

Last edited:
Why won't she be able to handle herself? Yeah you've already said her victims are most likely weak but why? Right now you're just saying things and not giving any reason why. Then just repeating yourself.

Looking at the history of this series plenty unassuming ppl have been able to handle themselves.
Because she's frail.
She would most likely go after those types of people because they're easy kills.
I'm skeptical that she has been a successful serial killer for so long without having to actually get her hands dirty.
Is this so hard to understand?
Umm yeah, I already addressed this frail talk. There's been frail killers before.

As for the so long part, she could've taken a break like Trinity and Chase.
At this point, we're just arguing just to argue.

We're not even talking about the "show" anymore.

I agree to disagree.

Technically, but lets not pretend that Harrison was able to grasp what happened, where as Dexter was completely aware of what happened to his Mother. Dexter was 3 when his mother was killed in front of him. Phrenology teaches us our earliest memories of recollection stem from the age of 3. Harrison in season 8 is 3 btw.
Dexter wasn't really aware of what happened either and didn't even remember it into adulthood. Even Harry had said that Dexter didn't fully understand what had happened because he was so young, the main reason he took him in and not his brother. It just stuck with his subconsciously and he didn't have recollection of any of it until Ice Truck killer brought it back up.

Anyways I was just bringing up what happened, Dexter talked about Harrison a few seasons ago and whether because he was born in blood like him would he have the same outcome.

Spoiler from book(which with the exception of Book/Season 1 are completely different from TV):
Dexter isn't going to pass his teachings on to Harrison, if the writers were going to have him teaching kids to kill, he would have done it with Astor and Cody like in the books.

Last edited:
Now I gotta be weary of spoilers in the dexter thread.

Oh hell naw.

Dexter wasn't really aware of what happened either and didn't even remember it into adulthood. Even Harry had said that Dexter didn't fully understand what had happened because he was so young, the main reason he took him in and not his brother. It just stuck with his subconsciously and he didn't have recollection of any of it until Ice Truck killer brought it back up.

Anyways I was just bringing up what happened, Dexter talked about Harrison a few seasons ago and whether because he was born in blood like him would he have the same outcome.

Spoiler from book(which with the exception of Book/Season 1 are completely different from TV):
Dexter isn't going to pass his teachings on to Harrison, if the writers were going to have him teaching kids to kill, he would have done it with Astor and Cody like in the books.
Dexter was aware though; if he wasn't then he wouldn't have been able to remember a thing. True those memories were conjured up during him being reunited with his brother, but those memories were there. Harrison on the other hand won't remember anything that happened to his Mother because he was way too young.

sort of disappointing i read that spoiler... but i was never going to read the books anyways

but now i sort of want to...

I think that deb will die somehow, someway thus causing Dexter's anger and carelessness to get way worse then we have seen in episode 1. Dexter was never this angry before and I see them trying to foreshadow him losing complete control and killing aimlessly that will end up with him dead or in jail.

This would show the complete 180 of Dexter and how he went from following the code 100% to becoming a normal human being that acted on emotions.

Just my 0.02.

^i also think that deb will die.
Especially when dexter said "will i find deb in a pool o blood."

I think that deb will die somehow, someway thus causing Dexter's anger and carelessness to get way worse then we have seen in episode 1. Dexter was never this angry before and I see them trying to foreshadow him losing complete control and killing aimlessly that will end up with him dead or in jail.

This would show the complete 180 of Dexter and how he went from following the code 100% to becoming a normal human being that acted on emotions.

Just my 0.02.

I like this.

The whole series, you have Dexter as an emotion-less psychopath. It's only fitting for it to end with him going to prison for killing on emotion.

Dr. Vogel got some dead eyes. She cold be a zombie in The Walking Dead.

Her noticing that Dex wanted and emotional attachment when Harry died and noting that that's uncommon led me to think how ducked up a theory it could be that Dex isn't a psychopath but something different. Also there's no excuses if he's just a regular human murdering ppl with no remorse cuz he's been suppressing his conscience.

Other stuff I liked is Deb bringing up she wanted the opposite of hating Dex. I bet they bang before its all over.

Bet the main antagonist is some super murdering mastermind pulling strings this whole time.

Back
Top Bottom