Did Boston use the 2-3 zone to stop Lebron ?

Originally Posted by 255forLife

so this has become yet another player A vs player B thread.

where's ska with the lock?

(yawns)

I think the mods are just happy this thread hasn't crashed Yuku... yet.

Even if Boston's 2-3 was enough to stop Lebron. It won't be the same for other teams. Boston is the only team in the league with 2 legit 300 pounders (Davis, Perkins) to throw at Lebron. Lebron has NO game with his back to the basket (offensive or defensive). Everything great he does is done facing the basket and close to the rim. Tomohawk dunks and chase-down blocks are his specialty. Still no post-up moves, and only fairly decent back-to-the-basket defense. No real (consistent) jumper to speak of either.

Point is, he is athletic enough at this point to have his way with most teams. But no one is really built to deal with a legit 300 center in the paint all game long. He still needs a mid-range game if he expects to do damage in the playoffs from now on. He'll still be one hell of a threat as he is one of the best passers in the game. But he can't continue to drive into the paint repeatedly year after year for the rest of his career. Not if he wants to win titles while dominating the ball. When Lebron can calmly dribble to a wing, put up a mid-range jumper and tell his guys to get back on D (on a consistent basis), then things will be way different. But he can't take zig-zagging and creating contact in the paint for his whole career.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Al3xis

.like has been said before there was next to ZERO talk about Bron not having any help when the Cavs have the best record in the league for the past 2 seasons.
what do you think about them going 1-13 without him?
But what happens if you pair him with a bosh/wade and it still doesn't work? What do you say then?
Nothing, he won't have an excuse.

I don't buy that.  Every move they make, people have screamed this was it, this is it!!!  And then they all leave around mid May.  I think even if another star joins and a flame out happens for whatever reason, I still expect plenty of excuses.  ESPN is on his side, other media places like Yahoo, of course the NBA, TNT, they all love Bron, they'll make excuses for him no matter what happens.  But we'll see.  We should know in a few weeks what his odds are. 
You keep drilling this point home....so what? He's the best, most exciting player in basketball and the only player with the potential to steal the GOAT crown from Jordan (I said "potential," calm down).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Just for fun, "potential" to steal the GOAT crown from Jordan.......the same guy that has ZERO finals wins in his career.  Meanwhile, Kobe has 23 career finals wins, along with 5 actual titles already, but to say he has a chance is balsphemous and gets people all riled up, but pick the dude that's never won a single finals game in his career, and that's ok? 
laugh.gif

You go ahead and believe that.  I'm gonna go send some suggestions to Lakers.com on how to re-shuffle our trophy case.  Maybe you should send someone out to Cleveland to get some of that dust removed from theirs.......

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Al3xis

.like has been said before there was next to ZERO talk about Bron not having any help when the Cavs have the best record in the league for the past 2 seasons.
what do you think about them going 1-13 without him?
But what happens if you pair him with a bosh/wade and it still doesn't work? What do you say then?
Nothing, he won't have an excuse.

I don't buy that.  Every move they make, people have screamed this was it, this is it!!!  And then they all leave around mid May.  I think even if another star joins and a flame out happens for whatever reason, I still expect plenty of excuses.  ESPN is on his side, other media places like Yahoo, of course the NBA, TNT, they all love Bron, they'll make excuses for him no matter what happens.  But we'll see.  We should know in a few weeks what his odds are. 
You keep drilling this point home....so what? He's the best, most exciting player in basketball and the only player with the potential to steal the GOAT crown from Jordan (I said "potential," calm down).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Just for fun, "potential" to steal the GOAT crown from Jordan.......the same guy that has ZERO finals wins in his career.  Meanwhile, Kobe has 23 career finals wins, along with 5 actual titles already, but to say he has a chance is balsphemous and gets people all riled up, but pick the dude that's never won a single finals game in his career, and that's ok? 
laugh.gif

You go ahead and believe that.  I'm gonna go send some suggestions to Lakers.com on how to re-shuffle our trophy case.  Maybe you should send someone out to Cleveland to get some of that dust removed from theirs.......

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

If Lebron doesnt win a championship with Wade/Bosh as a teammate, he will have no excuses.

Best believe they will use the "all the money is being used on them" excuse.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

If Lebron doesnt win a championship with Wade/Bosh as a teammate, he will have no excuses.

Best believe they will use the "all the money is being used on them" excuse.

Back
Top Bottom