Did/Do people really wear this?

I loved that era, when men dressed like men
Nothing wrong with the more fitted clean look of today. I've adapted with the times, but that whole 02,03,04 sportswear era was :smokin
A Jeff hamilton leather nba patches jacket, a pinwheel fitted , a 3x tall white tee and some pepe jeans? yambs on yambs on yambs

I remeber that time. I was a young dude, but the men who had these were :smokin

For those pants... :smh: So baggy

So youre admitting that a flamboyant, over the hill, garbage rapper dictates the way you wear your jeans? Commit that.
OP must be young. Plenty of heads wore their jeans super baggy with no damns given.

I'm 18. I don't remember these though I do remember NBA patched jeans and jackets and I also remember the all matching everything outfits a la Juelz Santana.

Ah yes...

The durag era. Back then it was guess or polo for me and timbs... STRICTLY. Might throw on a velour sweat suit to change it up but I still had timbs on with it. :lol: smh

As for cats today, I don't know what they're trying to look like, but I don't judge. When is this tight jean, wizard hat beanie thing gonna end? Its funny when I see a cat walking down the street in 90 degree heat who keeps adjusting his beanie so it sits just perfectly on his head while walking like his nuts are chafed to keep his pants from falling off.

SMH but why do dudes act like people have been wearing that baggy **** forever? that was just as much a trend as this new ****...:rolleyes

I wear my clothes to fit properly for my own body...I don't wear skin tight *** denim. But I'ma slim dude...likewise my jeans fit my body...I think in some cases a lot of dudes who talk about the fit of other ****** jeans are subconsciously mad they can't fit into a slimmer silhouette.

can we move on, and talk about something that matters instead of the next ****** fit? it's old already.

Last edited:
History always repeats itself, I see it come back. Jerseys are already back. One day, rappers will being to wear baggy jeans again and it will be like the 90's all over again.

roll.gif

I remember one day in 8th grade, I had a 3x jordan jersey, some baggy rocawear jeans with the bands and a fresh pair of all white forces and got hella big headed from all the compliments.

I was fresh af and 100 mf's couldn't tell me nothin. 

Those were the days...

If Kanye didn't exist, and more specifically started wearing his clothes tighter around the same time I started caring more about my appearance, I probably would be clipping coupons for Citi Trends in a pair of pants posted in the OP.​
So youre admitting that a flamboyant, over the hill, garbage rapper dictates the way you wear your jeans? Commit that.
Not even going to commit to the debate about "over the hill" and "garbage", that's your opinion.

But yes, Kanye did influence my style through my early teenage years just as Cam or Jay or 50 or whoever was hot influenced yours when you were 11,12, 13, 14 years old.

You weren't some middle school fashion gawd b.

History always repeats itself, I see it come back. Jerseys are already back. One day, rappers will being to wear baggy jeans again and it will be like the 90's all over again.
And I will be on NikeTalk in 10 years talking about how the youngins look like bums, and I will be looked at as the old timer who wears slim straights and clothes that fit his body

Kanye, Drake, and Wale could all decide to start wearing baggy **** and it would never come back

Jerseys are back in a more fitted way.

wale-in-hardwood-classic-lebrons.jpg

is not the same as

fab1.jpg

The baggy era will never return, looking back, I don't see how we wore that stuff and not thought we looked like fools

Last edited:
Not even going to commit to the debate about "over the hill" and "garbage", that's your opinion.​

But yes, Kanye did influence my style through my early teenage years just as Cam or Jay or 50 or whoever was hot influenced yours when you were 11,12, 13, 14 years old.

You weren't some middle school fashion gawd b.​

You do have a point

And every generation thinks they look foolish when they look at old pics, not just us younger folk. My moms cringes at the site of herself in an afro and bell bottoms.

Last edited:
OP must be young. Plenty of heads wore their jeans super baggy with no damns given.

Whatever your style is, chances are people in your environment wore/wear what you wear. You never saw something else someone wore and used it as some type of inspiration for your next purchase? If you say no, you a got damn lie.

SMH but why do dudes act like people have been wearing that baggy **** forever? that was just as much a trend as this new ****...eyes.gif

I wear my clothes to fit properly for my own body...I don't wear skin tight *** denim. But I'ma slim dude...likewise my jeans fit my body...I think in some cases a lot of dudes who talk about the fit of other ****** jeans are subconsciously mad they can't fit into a slimmer silhouette.

can we move on, and talk about something that matters instead of the next ****** fit? it's old already.

****** like to disguise hate as their opinion or keeping it real. I personally don't really judge based on the slim/baggy spectrum. I judge on the material quality and how it's put together.

Back
Top Bottom