Did lil B blow up because of NT?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

there are rock shows that only exist for the touring experience and goofiness

Lil B is that to hip hop

ill accept this.

lil b is definitely a top notch entertainer...

but that doesnt mean he's a talented rapper at all.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

there are rock shows that only exist for the touring experience and goofiness

Lil B is that to hip hop

ill accept this.

lil b is definitely a top notch entertainer...

but that doesnt mean he's a talented rapper at all.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

@+@$!, he wont even be rapping a year from now....

roll.gif
why not? dudes dropping 2 albums soon & doing his second show in nyc. I dont see him stopping anytime soon

where is j-kwon?

where is hurricane chris?

where is black rob?

where is state property?

where is *insert anybody who ever had a buzz*?

you serious, dude?

granted, lil b has like 1200 songs/videos....and its not like it takes effort on his part to continue to make more...

but like every buzz-worthy artist in the game, he, too, will dissapear....

you know why?

CAUSE HES NOT TALENTED

laugh.gif

kanye always gonna make music, wanna know why? he's talented.

doubt it, same could be said when the pack got hot with the vans song and then their buzz died down. Dudes still kept rapping, B still did his thing, kept grinding, and now its paying off.  And how are we "doing too much" by simply saying that there's more to B than just #woo #woo #swag?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

@+@$!, he wont even be rapping a year from now....

roll.gif
why not? dudes dropping 2 albums soon & doing his second show in nyc. I dont see him stopping anytime soon

where is j-kwon?

where is hurricane chris?

where is black rob?

where is state property?

where is *insert anybody who ever had a buzz*?

you serious, dude?

granted, lil b has like 1200 songs/videos....and its not like it takes effort on his part to continue to make more...

but like every buzz-worthy artist in the game, he, too, will dissapear....

you know why?

CAUSE HES NOT TALENTED

laugh.gif

kanye always gonna make music, wanna know why? he's talented.

doubt it, same could be said when the pack got hot with the vans song and then their buzz died down. Dudes still kept rapping, B still did his thing, kept grinding, and now its paying off.  And how are we "doing too much" by simply saying that there's more to B than just #woo #woo #swag?

Listen, bruh, your opinion is one thing.

But Lil' B's influence is a whole other thing.

It could've easily ended as a fad, but in order to do that he would have had to milk this thing to its extreme once he got a little shine.

Instead, he's been making sure HIS end of this whole thing bubbles slow and moves at a deliberate pace.

People in general are hopping on all crazy for one reason or another, but at the end of the day he's writing hit songs for other artists; see Soulja Boy's "Pretty Boi Swag."

He signed with Amalgam Digital, a company that gives him complete control over his projects and a higher profit. He knows hes not moving physical units, but there's a good chance that he'll get an insane amount of digital purchases.

Everything he did last year is old now. *@!% on my **** is 2010. He used to use that phrase in all his songs, even had a song with Andy Milanokis about it. You don't hear him say that at all now.

Son's mastery of the internet is amazing. It started with the 125 Myspace pages. Myspace is no longer poppin, so now he's got a new YouTube video up damn near every hour. Tumblr's his target audience's social network of choice? How bout he has his stylist make a tumblr that features photography by Lil B and a personal account of his daily life as well as popularizing internet memes about Lil' B? Now it's one of the most popular blogs on the entire site, something that is not easy as plenty of celebrities have Tumblr's e.g., MTV movie awards host Aziz Ansari, Community's Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino. Both of them have Tumblr blogs that are massively popular and often cited on mainstream internet sites, while Lil' B's STYLIST is gaining on and beating them in popularity with no mainstream outlet promoting it.

Not to mention his Ellen Degeneres campaign. He knows what he's doing. Ellen is a mainstream TV entity that accepts rap music and likes to do the latest dances. There's a reason he made a song dedicated to her. Mark my words: Whether it be a month from now or 2 years from now, Lil' B will be on Ellen Degeneres and she will be doing whatever Lil B's dance at that point is, and they will both joke about the whole Ellen Degeneres song thing.

These are not the moves of a person who will not be rapping a year from now.

Son is much smarter than you give him credit for, fam.

Listen, bruh, your opinion is one thing.

But Lil' B's influence is a whole other thing.

It could've easily ended as a fad, but in order to do that he would have had to milk this thing to its extreme once he got a little shine.

Instead, he's been making sure HIS end of this whole thing bubbles slow and moves at a deliberate pace.

People in general are hopping on all crazy for one reason or another, but at the end of the day he's writing hit songs for other artists; see Soulja Boy's "Pretty Boi Swag."

He signed with Amalgam Digital, a company that gives him complete control over his projects and a higher profit. He knows hes not moving physical units, but there's a good chance that he'll get an insane amount of digital purchases.

Everything he did last year is old now. *@!% on my **** is 2010. He used to use that phrase in all his songs, even had a song with Andy Milanokis about it. You don't hear him say that at all now.

Son's mastery of the internet is amazing. It started with the 125 Myspace pages. Myspace is no longer poppin, so now he's got a new YouTube video up damn near every hour. Tumblr's his target audience's social network of choice? How bout he has his stylist make a tumblr that features photography by Lil B and a personal account of his daily life as well as popularizing internet memes about Lil' B? Now it's one of the most popular blogs on the entire site, something that is not easy as plenty of celebrities have Tumblr's e.g., MTV movie awards host Aziz Ansari, Community's Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino. Both of them have Tumblr blogs that are massively popular and often cited on mainstream internet sites, while Lil' B's STYLIST is gaining on and beating them in popularity with no mainstream outlet promoting it.

Not to mention his Ellen Degeneres campaign. He knows what he's doing. Ellen is a mainstream TV entity that accepts rap music and likes to do the latest dances. There's a reason he made a song dedicated to her. Mark my words: Whether it be a month from now or 2 years from now, Lil' B will be on Ellen Degeneres and she will be doing whatever Lil B's dance at that point is, and they will both joke about the whole Ellen Degeneres song thing.

These are not the moves of a person who will not be rapping a year from now.

Son is much smarter than you give him credit for, fam.

Can we address why Lil B's head is MASSIVE  in comparison to his relatively small frame?

And to the poster who asked , I am serious when I say
Big L> Lil B

Why wouldn't I be serious?

Can we address why Lil B's head is MASSIVE  in comparison to his relatively small frame?

And to the poster who asked , I am serious when I say
Big L> Lil B

Why wouldn't I be serious?

and nothing you have said has given me the idea that any of his success has anything to do with talent, right?

lil b is popular because of his personality, not because of his music.

lil b influence?

that's doing too much.

lol

what influence?

kids giggling as they cook dance?

this $%+%% said the pack....LOL

LOOK HOW SUCCESSFUL THE PACK HAS BEEN

like i said, this $%+%% wont be rapping a year from now.

not that he wont still be relevant a year from now

just that he wont be rapping.

dude needs his own show.

lol, he's popping on tumblr and twitter cause of his music....PLEASE

look, dude above me is unsure as to if he was seriously being questioned or if he was being trolled...

Big L was amazing. There is no universe for people dilerberately confusing a cat who says big L is better than lil b.....

he should never be confused when saying big l is better than lil b....noone should ever troll him to confuse him.

this is ridiculous.

and nothing you have said has given me the idea that any of his success has anything to do with talent, right?

lil b is popular because of his personality, not because of his music.

lil b influence?

that's doing too much.

lol

what influence?

kids giggling as they cook dance?

this $%+%% said the pack....LOL

just that he wont be rapping.

dude needs his own show.

lol, he's popping on tumblr and twitter cause of his music....PLEASE

look, dude above me is unsure as to if he was seriously being questioned or if he was being trolled...

Big L was amazing. There is no universe for people dilerberately confusing a cat who says big L is better than lil b.....

he should never be confused when saying big l is better than lil b....noone should ever troll him to confuse him.

this is ridiculous.

um no one said they were successful (i actually
laugh.gif
@ the wolfpack party album sales) but dudes are still rapping. B will still be rapping next year. Thats the whole reason we're even still talking about the dude, because he doesn't give up. Dudes had their shine with vans, released some other singles, the singles didn't blow up, label left them for dead & they still pushed on so whether B has a great year or a crappy one more than likely he'll still be rapping next year.

um no one said they were successful (i actually
laugh.gif
@ the wolfpack party album sales) but dudes are still rapping. B will still be rapping next year. Thats the whole reason we're even still talking about the dude, because he doesn't give up. Dudes had their shine with vans, released some other singles, the singles didn't blow up, label left them for dead & they still pushed on so whether B has a great year or a crappy one more than likely he'll still be rapping next year.

....and now you're underestimating the influence teenagers have over mainstream culture. as dumb as these kids are, they dictate how brands market whatever they're selling, and we both know that marketing and advertising are the two biggest aspect of cultural influence in America nowadays.

This kid knows what he's doing. He isn't just doing random stuff and people so happen to think it's cool. He's becoming one of the people who TELL you what is cool. Obviously not you, ePhan, or I for that matter, but the average white teenager.

Even if he's not rapping a year from now, which I'll back off from because I don't want to make any predictions over anyone's career seeing as I don't know them and have no idea what they're doing behind closed doors or in the studio away from the public, it's pretty clear that he'll be successful in some aspect of the entertainment industry.

....and now you're underestimating the influence teenagers have over mainstream culture. as dumb as these kids are, they dictate how brands market whatever they're selling, and we both know that marketing and advertising are the two biggest aspect of cultural influence in America nowadays.

This kid knows what he's doing. He isn't just doing random stuff and people so happen to think it's cool. He's becoming one of the people who TELL you what is cool. Obviously not you, ePhan, or I for that matter, but the average white teenager.

Even if he's not rapping a year from now, which I'll back off from because I don't want to make any predictions over anyone's career seeing as I don't know them and have no idea what they're doing behind closed doors or in the studio away from the public, it's pretty clear that he'll be successful in some aspect of the entertainment industry.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

it's pretty clear that he'll be successful in some aspect of the entertainment industry.

which was never something i argued against....

also, has no bearing on him being a talented rapper or not...

yall get too caught up in defending *+$$.

the $$#%* sucks at rapping.....but he's definitely entertaining.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

it's pretty clear that he'll be successful in some aspect of the entertainment industry.

which was never something i argued against....

also, has no bearing on him being a talented rapper or not...

yall get too caught up in defending *+$$.

the $$#%* sucks at rapping.....but he's definitely entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom