did not know the power of the griffeys

I'm 19 years old... and i really didnt start gettin into kicks till i was 17... my first pair was the playoff 5s... but ever since then, i've been ontop of it. however, i still learn new stuff about the kick game prior to my arrival.

take for instance the Griffey 1s... i seen that long thread about them, but i thought it was just cuz the shoes looked nice. i went out and bought a pair. butwasnt too happy about buyin them... i just figured it was another pair of kicks... when i got to school (i go to college) damn near every man over 22 andbaseball player stopped me and asked where did i get my shoes from... they were all gushy and stuff, and all cuz the griffeys... this kinda put intoperspective the kind of effect ken griffey had as a player and star. the shoes literally drew more attention than any package i ever rocked, and force i evercopped... the only thing i can say that got me more looks and questions were the Kobe Supreme Af1s...

i just wanted to let yall know that i really understand what the fuss is about over these shoes... and why in every forum, people are askin for the sku numbersfor griffeys, or where they can go cop them from... i hope to find out some more knowledge pretty soon...

and i notice that alotta people in here got somethin smart aleck to say... if you dont like the topic, dont have feedback thats positive, or dont appreciatewhat i'm sayin, dont respond or try to kick any smart $%$ comments cuz all your gonna do is make yourself look like internet thug.... and nooooobody likesinternet thugs... nobody...

Wait til them blue/yellow ones drop. People are going to be flying into the hospitals with broken necks. Shoot, I went to spring training and was offered $170to take em off my feet twice at the mariners stadium. People love griffey and his shoes

Internet thugs
laugh.gif
smh.gif
but seriously everything u just wrote would have been appreciated the same in the official thread...its the same as you starting athread right now to say "the power of the freshwater am95" when u have a long thread on it already...useless...u can't expect everyone to agreewit you and have positive things to say...its a public forum

I think people were buggin out over the Griffey's because you really didn't see too many on people's feet since the OG drop back in 96. It'sbeen a long time since these shoes were originally produced and fans of Griffey, baseball, or just shoes in general remember them.

It's just like any shoe. Whether it's a Jordan, a Penny, a Barkley, Pippen, or any other athlete's shoe...if it was a popular and very rememberedshoe it will always stir up conversation with people and especially those who really don't follow shoes like that.

its a nike retro forum?... is it a nike retro topic?... you answer the questions and see what happens... and i dont expect people to agree... but useless postslike yours dont do anything at all, either... if i post in the griffey thread, its gonna get lost for sure... i just would like to keep my thread hater free...and if anybody who has an experience woud their griffeys like to share it, i would really enjoy reading it.. but when you have people sayin "dont posthere (a nike retro shoe ina nike retro forum???)" and "who cares" and "so what"... its gets old after awhile...

and airuphere... i think i see your point... cuz i was gettin questions from baseball players, men and women... it was ridiculous... lol...

and clutchman.. i'ma definto cop them blue and yellows.. not for the attention but cuz i like them... the attention might help me get some grownwomen's number...

This shoe has a lot of history op, especially for us baseball heads. In 96 when they dropped people were
eek.gif
that a baseball player received his own signature shoe. Not to mention they wereill too. The Kid was in his prime and these kicks were just to sick to pass on. The only gripe I have about the retros are the air units, which are noticeablysmaller than the originals. The air units were a distinct feature of the shoe which added to it's
pimp.gif
. It's crazy that you are 19 when the retros dropped and I was 19 when Ibought the originals.
laugh.gif

i mean i guess its cool you saw the light, but isnt it kind of late? you bought and hated the shoes initially but now since they got you noticed, you likethem? for many, that just breeds whats to come in a dedicated thread, "HATE"

I feel you bro, except for the fact the you werent feeling the shoes at first, but i guess i understand since you're not really from that era. For theolder cats (like 25-35 lol not that old) this shoe is the definition of nostalgia. I'm actually from that griffey era and I didnt think people would go outof the way to come up to me and ask me about these kicks. The first day I wore mine I had like 8-9 people come up to me asking where to get them and telling mehow these shoes were one of their fav Nikes. Needless to say these sparked alot of conversation with men/women/shoeheads/baseball fanatics,and girffey fans.These have always been one of my favs as I rocked my OG Griffs to death back in my freshman year. Can't wait till they drop the Royals and the Black andred colorway!

wait, so you bought a pair of shoes you didnt really like?
But now your hyped on them cuz people been giving you good looks?

you shouldnt care so much what other people think is trendy

try the official thread, or general, or better off get a blog. and that is a suggestion not a negative comment.
but now you know why older cats aren't too fond of new folks getting into this and not knowing the legacy these shoes entail. when you were around whenthey come out then it's a whole different ball game (no pun intended)

I've worn mine quite a few times, but I've never had anybody stop me and talk to me about them. MAYBE I'll get a few looks here and there... Iguess nobody appreciates them where I'm at... and I live in the Pacific Northwest...

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

the same thing my dude said..he brought them becuz of the hype..

yeah it sounds like you bought them because of the hype... Why would u buy a shoe and not be happy with them? And then, when ppl started to give u props ustarted liking them. Sounds a little hypebeast

Originally Posted by MiAs23

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

the same thing my dude said..he brought them becuz of the hype..

would you fools leave this kid alone. I'm sure a bunch of you dudes, one time or another had bought a shoe cause of hype. The kid is trying to tell you astory and you're missing the message, focusing on why he bought the shoe, rather than realize what he learned from it.

Back
Top Bottom