Did NT get hacked by the AVS forum? EDIT: Huddler has addressed the issue

I'll take this time to say I've been loving this tab thing at the bottom that lets you know when a thread has new posts and lets you navigate the thread a different way Meth
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
That **** cray bruh
pimp.gif

It appears as though everything is back to normal.  Please pull any panicked users in off the ledge.

I haven't noticed any lingering after-effects, but if you come across anything let me know and we'll have it corrected. 

The problem seemed purely cosmetic, but obviously it's embarrassing and I do regret any inconvenience or undue stress it may have caused - especially for those of you who freaked out and called your exes today under the assumption that the apocalypse was nigh.  
I'll take this time to say I've been loving this tab thing at the bottom that lets you know when a thread has new posts and lets you navigate the thread a different way Meth
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
Thanks for choosing to focus on the positive.  That often gets lost during moments like these. 

You can thank Huddler for the unread posts tab feature, which represents far more progress than we experienced in our last 5 years on Yuku and should more than make up for the occasional glitch. 

I can take no credit for it. 

I find it particularly helpful since it helps compensate for the indefensibly backwards "unread post" implementation on the desktop site.  On mobile, when you click the topic title, you jump straight to the first unread reply in that topic.  That's the correct default behavior. 

On desktop, you just go to page one.  It's assumed that users will both divine the meaning of the little green speech bubble image in the left column and identify it as a clickable button capable of sending you to the first unread post.  On a busy forum, EVERY post has that icon and tablet users lack the mouseover function necessary to make any sense of it.  For the single most frequent action on our site, it's a total mess.  

So, for those who never learned to click those "unread post" icons, the new unread posts tab at least gives them a CLEAR, easy way to jump straight to new content once they click into a thread.  It's still an extra click, but it gets the job done there AND it's extremely useful in fast-moving threads that can often update WHILE a user is reading or composing a reply.  We're big fans of it and we look forward to the continued evolution of the platform. 

We want only the very best for our loyal members here at AVS.  

It appears as though everything is back to normal.  Please pull any panicked users in off the ledge.

I haven't noticed any lingering after-effects, but if you come across anything let me know and we'll have it corrected. 

The problem seemed purely cosmetic, but obviously it's embarrassing and I do regret any inconvenience or undue stress it may have caused - especially for those of you who freaked out and called your exes today under the assumption that the apocalypse was nigh.  

I'll take this time to say I've been loving this tab thing at the bottom that lets you know when a thread has new posts and lets you navigate the thread a different way Meth :smokin :pimp: :nthat:

Thanks for choosing to focus on the positive.  That often gets lost during moments like these. 

You can thank Huddler for the unread posts tab feature, which represents far more progress than we experienced in our last 5 years on Yuku and should more than make up for the occasional glitch. 

I find it particularly helpful since it helps compensate for the indefensibly backwards "unread post" implementation on the desktop site.  On mobile, when you click the topic title, you jump straight to the first unread reply in that topic.  That's the correct default behavior. 
On desktop, you just go to page one.  It's assumed that users will both divine the meaning of the little green speech bubble image in the left column and identify it as a clickable button capable of sending you to the first unread post.  On a busy forum, EVERY post has that icon and tablet users lack the mouseover function necessary to make any sense of it.  For the single most frequent action on our site, it's a total mess.  

So, for those who never learned to click those "unread post" icons, the new unread posts tab at least gives them a CLEAR, easy way to jump straight to new content once they click into a thread.  It's still an extra click, but it gets the job done there AND it's extremely useful in fast-moving threads that can often update WHILE a user is reading or composing a reply.  We're big fans of it and we look forward to the continued evolution of the platform. 

We want only the very best for our loyal members here at AVS.  
Can u remove the save draft feauture?

Plus one on that removal of saved draft :smh: thing is annoying
This. I go to the knicks thread and my previous post will remain in the Draft so it gets added to my new post.
yes I delete my history cache etc. It still there. Like this post bet money

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that save draft is a gift and a curse. There's been times the browser would close unexpectedly or I'd close it and forget I had an unfinished post I didn't reply with and I'd lose it. Now somehow (if it stays long enough in the reply section) this manages to save my unfinished posts no matter what so I can always post them and not try to recreate them from memory.

Downside is sometimes it'll still remain there after I post them and then things get a bit confusing when I want to make another post or quote somebody in the same thread. I'm getting use to it though.
It appears as though everything is back to normal. Please pull any panicked users in off the ledge.

The problem seemed purely cosmetic, but obviously it's embarrassing and I do regret any inconvenience or undue stress it may have caused - especially for those of you who freaked out and called your exes today under the assumption that the apocalypse was nigh.

I'll take this time to say I've been loving this tab thing at the bottom that lets you know when a thread has new posts and lets you navigate the thread a different way Meth :smokin :pimp: :nthat:

Thanks for choosing to focus on the positive. That often gets lost during moments like these.

I find it particularly helpful since it helps compensate for the indefensibly backwards "unread post" implementation on the desktop site. On mobile, when you click the topic title, you jump straight to the first unread reply in that topic. That's the correct default behavior.
On desktop, you just go to page one. It's assumed that users will both divine the meaning of the little green speech bubble image in the left column and identify it as a clickable button capable of sending you to the first unread post. On a busy forum, EVERY post has that icon and tablet users lack the mouseover function necessary to make any sense of it. For the single most frequent action on our site, it's a total mess.

So, for those who never learned to click those "unread post" icons, the new unread posts tab at least gives them a CLEAR, easy way to jump straight to new content once they click into a thread. It's still an extra click, but it gets the job done there AND it's extremely useful in fast-moving threads that can often update WHILE a user is reading or composing a reply. We're big fans of it and we look forward to the continued evolution of the platform.

We want only the very best for our loyal members here at AVS.
EXACTLY!

I remember before I discovered the green arrow I had to struggle in these 7+ pg threads sifting through posts to get back to the last post I read. Even worse if it's a fast moving thread or is used consistently.

Huddler :nthat:

Last edited:
Seems like every forum I use/lurk uses Huddler. NT, SF, and AVS. This was a really nice move from Yuku

But the real question is when will we be able to delete our old pm's for good?

So Chrome on Mac doesn't have issues with the draft feature?

99% of the browsing and use of NT is on mobile now, because honestly I prefer it that way and am waiting for more features to be added. I believe Meth said stuff was in the works it just takes time because mobile isn't the priority.

Back
Top Bottom