Did the English language change or am I crazy?

Lately I've seen all over NT people use the words "in line" incorrectly by saying "on line".

Ex. People have been waiting on line since Monday for the Galaxy Foamposites.

People wait IN lines, they don't wait ON them. Stupid post, I know, but it's irritating the hell outta me, makes everyone who says it sound incredibly immature.

Flame, stoneface away.

Originally Posted by KG21

Lately I've seen all over NT people use the words "in line" incorrectly by saying "on line".

Ex. People have been waiting on line since Monday for the Galaxy Foamposites.

People wait IN lines, they don't wait ON them. Stupid post, I know, but it's irritating the hell outta me, makes everyone who says it sound incredibly immature.

Flame, stoneface away.
we know that on line is more like Online.....but they could be waiting ON the line to move. Eitherway, language is always fluid, constantly changing and ive heard both plenty of times. At least its better than swaag and dat %+%+ cray 
laugh.gif

I guess technology is taking people over. These people are getting used to autocorrect.

This is what my sentecene would look like without autocorrect:

I ges teknologee be happenin. then peeps be getng use to duh computer corrctng erthang 4 dem

the saying "standing on line" has been around for a very long time. i want to say the first time i heard the saying was on a episode of good times, but i could be mistaken.

How did the Elgsinh lnggauae cnahge jsut bcasuee smoe popele  are unisg on lnie itsaend of in lnie?
Werhe you albe to raed tihs eevn tgohuh erevy wrod is mpeslesild?

Spoiler [+]
How did the English language change just because people some people are using on line instead of in line?
Where you able to read this even though every word is misspelled?

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

The word "conversate" always irks me.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Same here. Nothing else really bothers me as far as the english language is concerned though (as long as I can understand you).
laugh.gif
The language ITSELF is already %#$$#+ up anyway.

Some people wait for stuff while on their computer because they think that standing out in the cold is stupid.
For example, black friday.

just depends on where you're from
i've only heard people from the east coast say "waiting on line"
some people say queuing up

Back
Top Bottom