Did what Shaq said last night change your perception of the NBA's regular season?

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by DubA169

Okay I'm gonna go the other way and say its messed up. People spend alot of money on season tickets and the nba should improve their product. Or give out a schedule so ticket holders can know when to stay home

There are many ways to place more importance on the regular season. Imagine if only top 4 teams in the conference get into the playoffs? Every regular season game would be HUGE

Just one more reason the nba got no business being in the same sentence as nfl. In the nfl every game is an event

This.

i dont know about that, i agree that the nba isnt on the same level as the nfl entertainment wise during the regular season, but green bay was resting aaron rodgers heading into the playoffs

I think its more common in the NBA because its a longer season... NFL's season is short, so there's not as much time to pull something like that.

Agreed about each game being more of an event suring the regular season, though.

Nothing earth-moving about that comment. these guys play with injuries that alot of us would sit out for weeks with night in & night out.

def. common knowledge,

wasn't even surprised that teams try to alter match-ups for the playoffs

was surprised that they were not trying to see Utah though
laugh.gif
caught me off guard

The regular season has always been a sham to a certain extent, but the 2000-2001 Lakers took it to the next level. How you go 56-26 in the regular season and go 15-1 in the playoffs?

Robert Horry more than obliged to take nights off and he wasn't even asked.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You're not serious, are you?
Not trying on defense, not boxing out, not aggressively going after rebounds, not cutting to the basket, not setting good screens, rushing shots, fouling your opponent too often, literally think of anything positive you can do on the basketball court.. then imagine the player tries half as hard or doesn't care. Just because they're professional athletes, doesn't mean they give 100% every game, especially if their team is awful, out of the playoffs race, and they're just collecting a paycheck.
dont pay him any mind, he doesnt think before posting.

roll.gif
 I was being dead serious. Like really think about it, who wants to get embarrassed on the defensive end? Doesn't everyone wanna do well and drop buckets!?

Even though @BigJ explained it, I still don't see why you wouldn't wanna play well. Paycheck or not.

Have you seen the Bobcats this year? Or the Warriors the last few games, or maybe the Magic in a few games. 

I knew when Shaq was with the Lakers he was taking nights off with some of those "injuries". Im surprised a GM was telling him to take nights off though.

i have ADD and don't watch but a few regular season games.
i only watch the playoffs.

this is what happens when you player ten thousands games a season.

NFL got it right. one game could mess up your season

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Folks act like mike didn't gamble on hisself back in the day.Im guessing y'all don't know why he retired in the first place

Drop that knowledge.
nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Okay I'm gonna go the other way and say its messed up. People spend alot of money on season tickets and the nba should improve their product. Or give out a scheduale so ticket holders can know when to stay home

There are many ways to place more importance on the regular season. Imagine if only top 4 teams in the conference get into the playoffs? Every regular season game would be HUGE

Just one more reason the nba got no business being in the same sentence as nfl. In the nfl every game is an event

Been saying this for awhile now. The NBA has the capacity to have a much better product and really drive up more interest in their league. I seriously feel it could compete with the NFL as the most popular sport if they pull their heads out. Especially since Goodell is being a %%$%+$!, but that's another story.
ehhh..no

NBA will NEVER be able to compete with the NFL

ability to pump out a vastly greater product, of course

seriously compete with the NFL, no way in hell

This is why I won't pay for regular season games and I hardly watch regular season games on TV, except for Sunday games. They do play harder on Sunday regular season national games.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Okay I'm gonna go the other way and say its messed up. People spend alot of money on season tickets and the nba should improve their product. Or give out a scheduale so ticket holders can know when to stay home

Been saying this for awhile now. The NBA has the capacity to have a much better product and really drive up more interest in their league. I seriously feel it could compete with the NFL as the most popular sport if they pull their heads out. Especially since Goodell is being a %%$%+$!, but that's another story.
ehhh..no

NBA is already more popular than the NFL globally though. There is no competition there.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

ehhh..no

NBA is already more popular than the NFL globally though. There is no competition there.
laugh.gif
obviously...i meant strictly in the US..i just dont see it happening

Well, that's your opinion, which is all well and good, but I think you're wrong. And this, from a huge NFL/football guy. The NBA..Basketball in general, sneaks into every nook and cranny of America in terms of kids having the ability to play. That's where the true passion lies. Not everyone and not every kid wants to play football like that. People love to watch it, but fewer have a passion to go to that NFL level when you see what's involved. Especially when reaching that age when you actually realize that involvement...I think it's a different story with the NBA.

Will the NBA ever compete with the NFL? Saying NEVER is just being near sighted, but to say at this point it looks doubtful, I'd be able to understand. The bottom line is that the NBA leaves a lot on the table in making its product 10x better. Whether that's on par with the NFL is actually irrelevant. I'd just rather the NBA be more of what it could be than what it is.

It would be cool if they did it like baseball, and do series for each team they play, so that there wouldnt be as much traveling for the players and they could make each game more like a pastime than like an event

Lol

he's just saying something that's been well known.

to a team like the heat, spurs, or lakers the mindset is moreso to just complete the regular season healthy and go into the playoffs fresh, they can win a series if needed without homecourt

on the other hand you got teams like miami, the bulls last year, and younger teams making their first run or so and regular season results are more of a confidence booster for those teams who haven't won and made playoff runs yet.

Back
Top Bottom