Did ya'll thank Drake later?

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by JNastyCV

Thank Me Later proved that Drake is a great artist, not the best rapper. Agreed?

i ask what about the album displays him being a great artist?

Melodies everybody can ride to + songwriting ability.

it was ok.. i only mess with a handful of songs.. haven't touched it since maybe that 3rd week after it released.. not sure i ever will

it was ok.. i only mess with a handful of songs.. haven't touched it since maybe that 3rd week after it released.. not sure i ever will

Thread....If you cant appreciate Drake for what he does and your a male you flat out dont get poon...only dudes who stay mad at Drake are the one who dont smash

Thread....If you cant appreciate Drake for what he does and your a male you flat out dont get poon...only dudes who stay mad at Drake are the one who dont smash

I !@%! with

The Resistance (thought it was alright at first but now my 2nd fav. on the album)
Over (before it got played out)
Show Me A Good Time
Fancy
Unforgettable (1st time I heard it before the album dropped I was HOOKED)
Light Up
Miss Me (same as Unforgettable...I still prefer the OG version tho' with the "All Night Long..." chorus)

Wouldn't call it "great" but it was very good for a debut. I was disappointed with Thank Me Now...could have ended off the album on a stronger note and one of Timbo's weaker beats in recent memory.

Still listen to those tracks today...

BTW, every track "sounding the same" or w/e > album w/ +!$! all over the place and no cohesiveness.
Originally Posted by Qualmes

If you cant appreciate Drake for what he does and your a male you flat out dont get poon...only dudes who stay mad at Drake are the one who dont smash
laugh.gif

People's opinion on here goes down a few notches to me if they don't hear the music in a whip, party, club, etc...just a different atmosphere than sitting at home on the computer with some cheap !## speakers.

I !@%! with

The Resistance (thought it was alright at first but now my 2nd fav. on the album)
Over (before it got played out)
Show Me A Good Time
Fancy
Unforgettable (1st time I heard it before the album dropped I was HOOKED)
Light Up
Miss Me (same as Unforgettable...I still prefer the OG version tho' with the "All Night Long..." chorus)

Wouldn't call it "great" but it was very good for a debut. I was disappointed with Thank Me Now...could have ended off the album on a stronger note and one of Timbo's weaker beats in recent memory.

Still listen to those tracks today...

BTW, every track "sounding the same" or w/e > album w/ +!$! all over the place and no cohesiveness.

If you cant appreciate Drake for what he does and your a male you flat out dont get poon...only dudes who stay mad at Drake are the one who dont smash
laugh.gif

People's opinion on here goes down a few notches to me if they don't hear the music in a whip, party, club, etc...just a different atmosphere than sitting at home on the computer with some cheap !## speakers.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

nerd.gif
Here.

Wayne verse wasn't added yet and everything besides the chorus is the same. OG chorus and transition > album cut, IMO.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

nerd.gif
Here.

Wayne verse wasn't added yet and everything besides the chorus is the same. OG chorus and transition > album cut, IMO.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drake clearly showed that he can deliver good melodies and songs (chorus/verses/bridges) and show us different sides of him. He got %*+@ you can smash a chick to, songs you can party to, songs that make you reflect life. He's not the best lyrcist but most people can relate to him cause he raps about day to day things minus the wine obsession. LOL

Drake clearly showed that he can deliver good melodies and songs (chorus/verses/bridges) and show us different sides of him. He got %*+@ you can smash a chick to, songs you can party to, songs that make you reflect life. He's not the best lyrcist but most people can relate to him cause he raps about day to day things minus the wine obsession. LOL

Back
Top Bottom