Did you turn out the way your parents would hope you to turn out?

I don't know. Honestly, IDGAF.

I got my bachelors and stuff, but I think they know I live the beat of my own drum.

I'm living for myself, not for their approval.

Maybe I did maybe I didn't never cared enough to ask they don't take care of me (anymore)

Maybe I did maybe I didn't never cared enough to ask they don't take care of me (anymore)

Academically, I'd say so. I will be graduating from college within the next few years. Aside from that, my mother dislikes some things I do or believe in. She'll learn even more about me and become even more disappointed once I move out. Some of the things I do to make my parents proud, don't make me happy most of the time. 

In a way, the way my personal beliefs counter the beliefs of my parents' scare me, when thinking about what my children will believe or do. I mean, my parents really tried to hammer certain things in my head since I was a child, and I simply can't ever believe in those things again.

I can't make myself uncomfortable for the sake of my parents' happiness forever.

Academically, I'd say so. I will be graduating from college within the next few years. Aside from that, my mother dislikes some things I do or believe in. She'll learn even more about me and become even more disappointed once I move out. Some of the things I do to make my parents proud, don't make me happy most of the time. 

In a way, the way my personal beliefs counter the beliefs of my parents' scare me, when thinking about what my children will believe or do. I mean, my parents really tried to hammer certain things in my head since I was a child, and I simply can't ever believe in those things again.

I can't make myself uncomfortable for the sake of my parents' happiness forever.

Graduated from highschool
College degree
Working good job
Living on my own
Stayed out of trouble

Id say so.

Graduated from highschool
College degree
Working good job
Living on my own
Stayed out of trouble

Id say so.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by proper english

im asian so no.. even if i were to become a doctor, my parents would find a way to one up that.

tumblr_l0l5xcLw4x1qakgigo1_500.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No not really. My mom never went to college and I'm going to culinary school so she's happy about that. That's the only thing she's happy about me doing though. I live a fast life and she knows it. I've barely been sober since I was 16. Sometimes I feel bad but I'm only here once and I wanna have fun while I'm Here. You get caught up in it and you'll never change. At least I wont.I have turned my life around a little though and she's happy about that. I haven't been to jail or house arrest for a while
laugh.gif
at the end of Tue day I'm not here to please anyone. Ill live my life how I want and everyone I know realized that years ago. When I have my kid I'm a completely different person though.

No not really. My mom never went to college and I'm going to culinary school so she's happy about that. That's the only thing she's happy about me doing though. I live a fast life and she knows it. I've barely been sober since I was 16. Sometimes I feel bad but I'm only here once and I wanna have fun while I'm Here. You get caught up in it and you'll never change. At least I wont.I have turned my life around a little though and she's happy about that. I haven't been to jail or house arrest for a while
laugh.gif
at the end of Tue day I'm not here to please anyone. Ill live my life how I want and everyone I know realized that years ago. When I have my kid I'm a completely different person though.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by thacapt

Nope.

I didn't do well in school.

I train boxing, my dad wanted me to train MMA.

My mom & dad like Japanese cars, I like American trucks.

laugh.gif

You are the greatest disappointment in life.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by thacapt

Nope.

I didn't do well in school.

I train boxing, my dad wanted me to train MMA.

My mom & dad like Japanese cars, I like American trucks.

laugh.gif

You are the greatest disappointment in life.
laugh.gif

its crazy because me n my homie was talkin yesterday how our parents are glad we was bout that life when we were younger so we learned faster n got it outta our systems n how those cats who looked down on us before are now all heroin fiends or on other drugs or in rehab etc. i feel my parents are proud im in college now n lookin for a job but yea it took a while but i feel im on the right track now

its crazy because me n my homie was talkin yesterday how our parents are glad we was bout that life when we were younger so we learned faster n got it outta our systems n how those cats who looked down on us before are now all heroin fiends or on other drugs or in rehab etc. i feel my parents are proud im in college now n lookin for a job but yea it took a while but i feel im on the right track now

Back
Top Bottom