Dining At A Restaurant By Yourself IF You Have A S/O: Yay - Na?

A full sit down restaurant, waiter and all. Your s/o is able to go but you decide to go by yourself.

Would any of you ever do this? would there ever be an excuse to go alone?

Explain.....

I do it all the time, not that I don't have friends, or anyone to go with, but sometimes it is just nice to sit down by yourself and enjoy a nice meal sometimes.

just did...dont really care.I'll do whatever I feel like regardless if the freinds can go or not.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

A full sit down restaurant, waiter and all. Your s/o is able to go but you decide to go by yourself.

Explain.....
what's an S/O?

second, why not? why do i need validation from people i don't know or care about?

i dont usually like being alone. but i dont care. i do it all the time at work when i dont want to eat at our cafe.

Yay. But I'd rather sit at the bar. If I see an attractive waitress though Id ask the hostess to sit me in her area.

If you are involved with someone and all you have to do is call them to get them to call, would you ever just not do that and opt to go by yourself?

A sit down restaurant. Waiter and all.

I love pho and most of my friends are Mexican and dont like it/not down to try it. I get weird stares because the restaurant is at a Viet shopping center, but ive been going there with my pops since I was a little kid.. when I'm craving it and my pops cant go ill go by myself.

Originally Posted by ChristianTroy

Explain.....
what's an S/O?

second, why not? why do i need validation from people i don't know or care about?
significant other

and I have before, usually in the bar area..nothing wrong with having some alone time

I have NO problem going to a sit down restaurant by myself.

I went two weeks in a row for sushi solo.  Called my girl and she couldn't make it so that didn't change my plans. 
pimp.gif

I don't see the big deal honestly. 

I also have gone to the movies by myself.

Breakfast or lunch alone yeah but if it's dinner than its: to go, at bar, or with someone.

...seems a bit socially awkward and strange to not want to eat out in a restaurant with company.. that's what make dinning out most enjoyable.. the combination of good food plus good company.

If you are involved with someone and all you have to do is call them to get them to call, would you ever just not do that and opt to go by yourself?
Single  people  eat  food, too.
ohwell.gif

if i would it would be at the bar they have there. it would seem very awkward just walking in to a restaurant and not going to the bar if you are by yourself

I guess it depends on the crowd. I think in more suburb type places, it would be super awkward to eat a meal at say Applebees or Dennys or something like that. Maybe in a urban city, you can get away with that more but I think it just depends on the place you eat at. I've eatin' at cafes and deli's no problem....but have never eatin' by myself at a dinner setting.

I would opt for the bar but if theirs no spot at the bar I wouldn't really mind. I'm not really concerned what others think. Awkward is only awkward when you feel awkward.

I can't get myself to do it. Same goes for seeing a movie, I can't sit in the theater by my damn self lol

The only thing I'll do is go to a concert solo, and that's only if I really want to see a particular artist. Most of the time I'll make new friends at the venue.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...seems a bit socially awkward and strange to not want to eat out in a restaurant with company.. that's what make dinning out most enjoyable.. the combination of good food plus good company.

Disagree Dirt - I eat out solo all the time. I actually like picking random sit down places to eat. I'm also highly critical of places to eat, and friends do refer to me for recommendations when needed. Eating alone may help the review - seems to take out random other variables that may alter the eating experience. I also use it as a barometer of service compared to other tables around. I stick out like  sore thumb here at nicer restaurants (I'm brown, Arizona's nicer areas are 95% white) -- believe it or not, my service is not always up to par with the other. Similarly, my service is much better when the girlfriend comes along.

I could probably write a dissertation on this, as eating is what I do. There are pros and cons, but eating alone at a decent establishment should definitely not be ruled out.

I dont see how eating alone is socially awkward....same goes for going to the movies alone
Been with my gf for 3 years, but I dont need to have her or friends at EVERYTHING I do.
Sometimes, you need time for yourself to unwind....read a book, do some work while enjoying some good food.
Go to the movies and be able to form an opinion without the voice of others.
And well sometimes, in my case, I want to eat some food or see a movie that I know no one else would want to. I'm not going to change my plans to accommodate others, at least not ALL THE TIME.

@Ezln, yea your girl doesn't have to ALWAYS be with you but should one of those places she isn't with you at be a restaurant? I just don't see if you are in a committed relationship why you would opt to go out to eat by yourself. Now if the other person is unavailable or out of town or can't go for whatever reason, then fine. But if she CAN go and yall don't go together, I don't see the point.

And I am not saying you ALWAYS have to be with her. But if you are going to experience a restaurant, I don't see why you would go alone.

Back
Top Bottom