Dining At A Restaurant By Yourself IF You Have A S/O: Yay - Na?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...seems a bit socially awkward and strange to not want to eat out in a restaurant with company.. that's what make dinning out most enjoyable.. the combination of good food plus good company.

That's the usually the reason I go out to dinner is to enjoy it with people.  I don't see any problem going by yourself, but I'd rather save the money for a different time or something else and make myself dinner and watch a game.

If Im doin it B.I. at the Metropolitan, for example, Ima need accompany. But, I have no problem walking into a Wendys or KFC and eating solo. I see it more often than not, and it's not like anyone cares that you're there eating alone, let alone eating at all.

ive eaten at restaurants, and gone to the movies, by myself before. its not like i searched out the opportunity to do so, it just kind of happens that way sometimes. cant say that ive done it for dinner... but lunch? ALL THE TIME.

i used to work downtown, and if i needed to get away from all the folks at work... id go to one of the dozens of restaurants and grab a bite. chili's, outback, pf changs... bunch of spots. i always sit in/at the bar area though. im not trying to request a "table for 1" ... thats somewhat simpish.

in regards to movies... in college i worked at champs and they built a brand new AMC theatre on top of my mall. when they did this, AMC gave us (literally) hundreds of movie passes. we were supposed to drop them in the bags of customers, but we just kept them. whenever i had class at 3:30, i would always get off work at 1... and if there was something crunk at the theatre, id just walk up and watch it. sometimes folks would join me... sometimes id roll dolo. probably did this a dozen times.

not really trying to be by myself... just killing time before class.

to answer DCs question, ive done this single... and when i was with someone. for me tho, its always been in time-kill/work mode. never dinner. for some reason, that would be weird for me.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...seems a bit socially awkward and strange to not want to eat out in a restaurant with company.. that's what make dinning out most enjoyable.. the combination of good food plus good company.

Disagree Dirt - I eat out solo all the time. I actually like picking random sit down places to eat. I'm also highly critical of places to eat, and friends do refer to me for recommendations when needed. Eating alone may help the review - seems to take out random other variables that may alter the eating experience. I also use it as a barometer of service compared to other tables around. I stick out like  sore thumb here at nicer restaurants (I'm brown, Arizona's nicer areas are 95% white) -- believe it or not, my service is not always up to par with the other. Similarly, my service is much better when the girlfriend comes along.

I could probably write a dissertation on this, as eating is what I do. There are pros and cons, but eating alone at a decent establishment should definitely not be ruled out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

zagat princess over here...

its not that serious...eat your food and shut up...

why are we continuously finding ways to isolate ourselves from society? anti-social depressed insecure freaks who want to live in their own world...

what is food without a few laughs? what is food without a simple or intellectual conversation? what is food without being able to tell someone wow this tastes good or wow isn't this bad?

eating breakfast and grabbing lunch when your busy or out of necessity is not the same...but going to dinner by yourself when YOU HAVE THE OPTION of going with someone...that is just ridiculous and silly.

i always try to have meals with my girl.

however, if she can't make it, i'll get whatever i want to-go, but i have never eaten at a restaurant by myself.

i have however, watched movies alone...

smh.gif
, I don't get what's the big deal of dining alone (even at a sit down restaurant) regardless if you have an S/O or not.

Seems like more than anything a lot of you are pretty self conscious about being alone and needing some company 24/7 on some pacifier steeze, please hold my hand type of deal. 

Relax, if you wanna enjoy something and no one else can partake in it then do it FOR YOURSELF. I've dined with friends, dined with gfs (now ex-gfs), and dined alone (breakfast, lunch, and DINNER; I must quite the recluse 
grin.gif
). How many of you were single, before getting with your current S/O? What did you do prior to being with him/her? If none of your homies, didn't wanna go to the local pizza joint (but you did) would you starve yourself because you refuse to eat alone. 

I swear NT'ers be on something, sweating some issues. 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom