Dipset vs. State Property vol.Who do yu like better?

Got into a debate with a couple of friends last night when we were talkin about albums.

Somehow it turned into Dipset vs. SP
Although i did agree that SP never attained the overall appeal and success of Dipset, i do think SP is more talented artist for artist and is a better groupmusically. The albums that were released by both movements during their time were some of the best in that time:
Diplomatic Immunity vol.1&2
State Property Chain Gang 1&2
Tough Luv
The B.Coming
Purple Haze
Come Home with me
Philadelphia Freeway
From me to u
On my way to Church
Harlem: Diary of a Summer

and many more im forgetting, but even with albums, i gave SP the nod.

BTW, I am talkin about the time period from, about '02-the ROC Breakup.
imo SP>>Dipset

-edit-
how could i forget to post the rosters.
laugh.gif

Dipset:
Cam'ron
Juelz Santana
Jim Jones
Hell Rell
Freekey Zeekey
J.R. Writer
40 Cal

State Property:
Beanie Sigel
Freeway
Young Chris
Neef
Oschino
Omillio Sparks
Peedi Crakk

Who do you think is the better group?
nerd.gif

as far as a movement that was movin...y'all know who's to take between these two camps.

but sp are a better collaborative group of artists.

and ps. though they ain't really makin noise no more, and after all the bullshh they went through with the whole rocafella issue, most of sp stilltogether, and still on that raw ***$.

<>.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*plays hot 97 freestyles*

Well I only liked 2 of the members of SP

And I liked Cam'ron, early Jim Jones, 1 Juelz album, and a bunch of JR,40, Hell Rell mixtape albums that equals

SP: 2
Dips: 2.75

So Dipset

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Threads like these just make me think about what Rocafella was and could have been...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tired.gif
word.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

i think that's the bigger issue here..

Can we get some to explanations as to why ya'll choose one over the other?

Cause i believe if we look at this at a Musical Perspective, SP Has it by a comfortable margin. imo of course.
ohwell.gif

I mean look at the OP you named more Dipset albums than SP. And that doesnt even count all the crazy mixtapes that we're dropped during this time. These_'s made a 2 cd mixtape just for Memorial Day.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Talent wise SP by far.

But the Dips released more and better music over all.

Plus that Harlem swag took over the World.

Still....Oschino >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone on the set beside Cam.

I efffs with both groups heavy. Lyrically as a overall group i gotta give it to SP.
But just something bout the Dips during that time was just epic, they had the mixtape game on lock at its height.

dipset_main.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe it's my blind Dipset love (ll) but I don't see how SP is better by far.

Like are you speaking on just straight spitters? Cause I don't see how Oschino, Sparks, and Peddi Crakk are better spitters than 40 Cal, JR Writer, Un Kasaby far.
Or are we speaking straight being an artist and creating solid albums? Because Jim Jones has 2-3 solid albums, Juelz has 1, Hell rell never dropped a greatalbum but his discography has some solid bodies of work and everyone knows Cam. And SP got Beanie who is a beast along with Freeway. And every one else besidesYoung Chris falls short on albums.

And even me as a Dipset fan have them barely squeaking out SP on talent and can easily understand how SP has more but I'm not understanding theby far notion.

Oschino
Beans
Chris
Free
Peedi

are lyrically light years ahead of anyone on the set outside of Cam.

40 is mediocre punchline rapper
Jr is a decent punchline MC with 2 good mistapes on his resume
Un Kasa
laugh.gif

Rell is the best of the bunch but he's not better than any of the MCs above
Juelz is not a good MC he just brought energy and some originality to the table
Jim is trash.

SP never lived up to its full potential. Peedi, Oschino & Omilio Sparks had so much talent. I remember listening to Oschino's verse on Tales of aHustler Pt. 2
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I thought to myself why hasn't this guy blown up. SP definitely had the better artists but I gotta go with the Dips on this one.They had some of the illest tracks during their era. If it wasn't for the Heatmakerz, I would give my vote to SP. SP wasn't on the same level as theDips production wise.

Back
Top Bottom