Discipline or Child Abuse? Vol. Boxing Your Son

Im whoopin my kids, even if I have to out to the country to do so.

They have to know there are REAL consequences to their actions.

agreed all this you can't touch your kids type stuff generation I'm not down with. My parents spanked me when I was out of line and Im cool with it.
My little brother , the baby of thr family, who never got spanked turned out worse then me and my other siblings that did get hit.

Dad shouldn't have put that online. Keep that private

Last edited:
Given the circumstances of the son cutting up in school, I'm cool with what the Dad did except posting the video online for all to see. Just keep that between you and your son.
This

I not with posting videos of you parenting your kid 

But there are far better ways to show there are real consequences to their actions than physical punishment. I know dealing with kids can sometimes be frustrating but research has show that using nonviolent ways of discipline has a far greater advantage than violent methods of discipline.

But there are far better ways to show there are real consequences to their actions than physical punishment. I know dealing with kids can sometimes be frustrating but research has show that using nonviolent ways of discipline has a far greater advantage than violent methods of discipline.

I hear you, but Ive seen whoopins work more than not, and seen other methods NOT work just as often.

I hear you, but Ive seen whoopins work more than not, and seen other methods NOT work just as often.
Thats cool and all, but research tells us otherwise. Why not try to give your kid the best possible way of life?

Over the course of history, research has said a lot of things, my friend. Ima going to stick with what I know.

Tbh, if my kids anything like me, they're not gonna need a whole lot lol.

Given the circumstances of the son cutting up in school, I'm cool with what the Dad did except posting the video online for all to see. Just keep that between you and your son.
#DeuceDeuce

But nah man, father was wild for that one man

FTR, I dont mean Im going to be out here maliciously "omg you spelled the kool-aid! Where is my belt?!" whooping my child.

Like if they do something major or is constantly doing something they've been told about, then yea, where my belt?

Thats cool and all, but research tells us otherwise. Why not try to give your kid the best possible way of life?
And I bet I can tell you what kind of kids were the subject of that research.........................

How is spanking your kids not trying to give them the best possible way of life???

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/134284140-video

A Virginia father turned himself in to police early Friday morning after posting a video of himself boxing his teenage son as a form of discipline.

Tavis Sellers, known as TaDigs Ditches on Facebook, told FOX 5 he was ordered to turn himself into the Price William County Sheriff’s Office after he posted the video, which showed his son bloodied after the sparring.

Sellers, who has been charged with domestic assault and battery, said his family is a boxing family and that it is “no one’s place to judge how he takes care of his business in his house.”

He was released on $5,000 bond.

Click here to watch the video and tell us if this dad went too far in the comments section. WARNING: Viewer discretion advised.

Read more on JetMag.com: http://www.jetmag.com/news/father-charges-boxing-video/#ixzz47EXUDD5v
Follow us: @getjetmag on Twitter | GetJetMag on Facebook

Turned himself into police this morning, out on $5,000 bond. Leaving your son bloody isn't at all tantamount to spankings, much less posting it on the internet to further embarrass him. I'm anti any physical punishment, doubt I'll even raise my voice at my daughter too often. There's enough information out there about corporal punishment ******ing their development, not like in a deep, subliminal they become scared of you an don't excel as much as they could way but in a literal, ******s the development of gray matter in the prefrontal cortex way and predisposes them to aggression. Of course, everyone will reply "I got spanked and I'm fine," and ultimately it's their business, so I let people rock. But I'm not in favor of it

That isn't a sparring session man, the guy didn't even have a mouthpiece, come on man

I knew this would be posted here

I whoop mines, idc. Well I can't say whoop but I spank him, Cuz he's only 4. But sometimes he crosses that line when he knows he's doing something he shouldn't and test me. It's a reason why he gets crazy with her and not me.

I would love to see something besides an anecdote that says corporal punishment is more or equally as effective as non-violent forms of discipline

People pass down beatings like an heirloom because it "worked" for them, but the reality is that they were taught to use violence as an appropriate reaction to disobedience or disrespect

Has it ever come across you guys minds that maybe the children that accepted alternative types of punishment wasnt really that defiant.

Theres levels to this.

What do you do when those methods dont work? Just say forget it and prepare an account for the child's commissary?

Last edited:
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/134284140-video

A Virginia father turned himself in to police early Friday morning after posting a video of himself boxing his teenage son as a form of discipline.

Tavis Sellers, known as TaDigs Ditches on Facebook, told FOX 5 he was ordered to turn himself into the Price William County Sheriff’s Office after he posted the video, which showed his son bloodied after the sparring.

Sellers, who has been charged with domestic assault and battery, said his family is a boxing family and that it is “no one’s place to judge how he takes care of his business in his house.”

He was released on $5,000 bond.

Click here to watch the video and tell us if this dad went too far in the comments section. WARNING: Viewer discretion advised.

Read more on JetMag.com: http://www.jetmag.com/news/father-charges-boxing-video/#ixzz47EXUDD5v
Follow us: @getjetmag on Twitter | GetJetMag on Facebook

Turned himself into police this morning, out on $5,000 bond. Leaving your son bloody isn't at all tantamount to spankings, much less posting it on the internet to further embarrass him. I'm anti any physical punishment, doubt I'll even raise my voice at my daughter too often. There's enough information out there about corporal punishment ******ing their development, not like in a deep, subliminal they become scared of you an don't excel as much as they could way but in a literal, ******s the development of gray matter in the prefrontal cortex way and predisposes them to aggression. Of course, everyone will reply "I got spanked and I'm fine," and ultimately it's their business, so I let people rock. But I'm not in favor of it

This dummy...said it's no one's business to judge how he takes care of business in his house, but posts this boxing "match" online. Also, because it's a boxing family, this type of punishment is OK? :smh: Hate to wonder what would happen if he was a coal miner.

Dude gonna have A LOT of questions to answer from CPA.

dude is ******ed. The whole thing was taken way too far. Couldn't even watch the whole sparring match. The kid looked like he didn't even want to fight. Skipped to the end and his shirt is covered in blood. Sheesh. Dude really thought this was a good idea to punish his kid. 
mean.gif

Wouldn't even be surprised if the kid continues to skip school more and act out even more. Who knows what this father was doing to his kids before in private too. 

I love when i hear people who are lifetime criminals and drug dealers brag about the whoopings they got as kids. A lot of rappers are notorious for this, no names.
laugh.gif
And I love when I hear the parents of serial killers and mass murderers say that they never put their hands on their child. Only time outs and stern talking. No names.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I wouldnt be suprised if this caused the lil kid to become more distruptive in and out of school
So deep down he likes to get beaten? :lol:

I mean he beat him up cuz he cut class. At the age of 17 he can't be dumb enough to think being noticeably disruptive in class is the answer.

How do you figure everyone has the same reaction as you do to getting beaten up?
I didn't say anything about me getting beat up.

I am figuring everyone has common sense though and specifically in this case the kid in the video.

You throwing out the possibility that he'll react by being disruptive in class is just as much an assumption as me assuming he'd smarter than that.

Speaking as someone who was disruptive in class just from a tell jokes and distract others from work perspective I don't think that's the reaction that applies here. For this kid it was cut class and get washed like a boxer as a punishment. The reaction to getting washed being act out in class doesn't seem like the smart move.
A lot of people will resent the person that beat them up, especially teenagers who are in their rebellious stage. Kids drop out of school. Kid's have terrible relationships with their parents.
A lot of ppl resent the person that beat them, especially teenagers but that doesn't mean that the reaction is instead of cutting class to stay in class and be disruptive. The bare minimum in these situations is that there are consequences for actions. You do certain things you know you're not suppose to do assuming you won't get caught.

The kid got caught here. He got beat up like a boxer for cutting class with girls and friends. So in keeping this focused on this kid I don't really agree that being disruptive in class (if he wasn't before) is really gonna be his reaction knowing what the consequences are. The boy is 17. I say that to say he's on his way to being 18 and maybe heading to college.

This isn't a young teen still developing on a formative level.

The options aren't just to be a great student or get beat up everyday by his dad.
I never said this.

I said the kid can't be dumb enough to think being disruptive in class is the answer after he just got beat up for cutting class.

Dad is only hurting his relationship with his kid. He has no influence on his kid and this is some last ditch effort to punch him into submission. I'm not against physical discipline, but this is just stupid especially in context. You don't instill the value of education into a kid by punching him in the head.
This is all an assumption off one video.

Tell me how you've come to the conclusion he has no influence on his son?

And again he was not instilling the value of education in his kid :lol: Listen to what he says and why he says he's doing it.

Last edited:
my dad made me and my brother box when we were little because we wouldnt stop fighting in the car...
looking back I understand that

this I dont. Punish your kind in another way not by beating his *** and making him bleed. This wouldve been better to spare and teach him self defense

And why record it :smh:

Last edited:
I remember when my pops first stole on me, i hated him. Changed his name in my phone from Dad to michael lol
:lol:

But y everything gotta be posted online ? , can't teach your kids a lesson without social media involved these days :smh:

And always funny when somebody talking **** to the person they beating on :lol:

laugh.gif

But y everything gotta be posted online ? , can't teach your kids a lesson without social media involved these days
mean.gif

And always funny when somebody talking **** to the person they beating on
laugh.gif
People "secretly" compete for parent of the year on the Facebook man. That is all that is. They want pats on the back for being a strong parent with an iron fist

Back
Top Bottom