[Discussion] Downsizing/Minimizing Sneaker Collection or Quitting Collecting - WITH TIPS/RESOURCES

EBay also asks for ssn once you reach the threshold.

I normally use goat for DS stuff, and eBay for used. But the more platforms you have your stuff one, better chance it sells… just make sure to take it down where it doesn’t sell, if it sells somewhere.

The threshold is $5k this year. Now is that $5k gross money (pre eBay fees & shipping removed) or net fees, i.e, what you are actually getting paid out. Just curious what number they use for the 1099.

And assuming they are ready for it. Last year was supposed to be $600 but they weren't ready and kept it at the prior limit. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think it’s pre-fees, but I’m not 100% on that.

Tax when you buy item (depending on state you live in), tax when buyer buys it (again, depending on state), then tax the seller… seems legit.

1099s usually state what they paid out to you, so that would be net of seller fees. If not, you would just deduct those.

Been moving my DS stuff on Goat lately. It's moving but not fast enough. Recently did an inventory and I came upon things I forgot I even had. Is StockX still a good option? Never did eBay for anything. Is that the best way to get rid of used shoes?
Used goat or eBay
Ds of course scamX

anyone in LA have experiences moving shoes to any local spots? RIF / FCLA / etc? Trying to move some stuff around 10-20 pairs at a time.

anyone in LA have experiences moving shoes to any local spots? RIF / FCLA / etc? Trying to move some stuff around 10-20 pairs at a time.

Can't speak to LA but all in-person spots I've ever gone to are complete scams. They underpay for whatever you offer, then overcharge anybody buying. Which is why their storefronts have tons of shoes and nobody in them any time I look.

If you have a pair of shoes you're pretty sure is worth $200 minimum, they'll offer you $65 maximum, then charge anybody coming in there $275. I mean I get it, they have a brick and mortar storefront and they gotta pay rent and overhead and other costs.

But an actual reseller storefront...lately that's the last place I'd take shoes. Maybe RIF could be different because I've seen more than a few actual deals on their pages online. Best of luck to you.

Definitely downsized my collection a bit. I still have a good amount of pairs I don’t wear or serve no purpose currently, but I feel a lot better having a tighter sneaker rotation of shoes to wear.

Been coping Nikes on discount since people moved on to other brands and Nike been desperate to move inventory

Now is the best time to stock up for less

Back
Top Bottom