DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

I'm sure i'll have to take my daughter to see Frozen 2. I'm so done with that franchise.

if the plot is the same as the game...

no thanks

:lol:

to this day i have no idea what the plot of the game is

:rofl:

I just thought about the current social climate and realized that a movie, if it sticks with the original plot, most likely won't happen. I can already see the numerous articles about how some may be tired of stories of how princesses, or females in general, need the saving of male characters.

I just want a Disney production with cameos from Square characters like Cloud, Squall, etc. I'd care less if a Kingdom Hearts movie stuck to the original plot. They could make it be about a group of teens with keyblades going around and saving "kings" or main characters from each world for all I care...

A Kingdom Hearts film would be a goddamn mess.

Like the games aren't already confusing enough. :lol:

too early to tell

if everything else in the film is solid and they tweak the cgi a bit then it's going to do well

international box office is going to more than make-up for any domestic problems it may have

they've had misfires but for the most part the live action adaptations that is directly based on the animated films have been all good

jungle book
beauty & the beast
cinderella

even maleficent made close to $800m and that isn't even a direct adaptation and a sequel is done filming i think

alice in wonderland sequels the only one that really flopped and thats not a direct adaptation either, more like a sequel to the animated film just like the first live action alice was and how maleficent is more of a prequel

i never saw the nutcracker but i think thats like a sequel too(?)

next up are Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King which I could see doing really, really well

disneys about to break another box office record this year along with cm and frozen and endgame and toy story and star wars and spiderman

:lol: its really not even fair since they take over fox this year too

I mean if they copy the whole story then it can’t be bad. Call it what you want but I think a lot of hate is on the genie now being black cgi aside. We all know how that goes :rolleyes

i don't get all the hate for the genie... if you wanted an animated version, go watch the original.

What I liked about the animated genie is at at times the facial expressions kinda resembled RW. Less Will Smith face and more of a resemblance.

Screenshot_20190214-002106_Twitter.jpg

cinderella was a hit too, box office wise it made close to ~$550m which is still a lot and plenty loved it and even the critics

maleficent was destroyed by the critics but made so much money

I can't remember if Jungle Book made money or not. Maybe it did.

But for me personally it was a miss. I even fell asleep during the movie.

if you liked the og animation then its hard to not like it, same with cinderella

and jungle book made close to a billi

I was not feeling Beauty and the Beast at all.

Beast looked like crap. They auto tuned the hell out of Emma for her songs but she still sounded bad and not to mention, the extra songs they added in were dog****.

Back
Top Bottom