DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

D9uH_9GUwAA7m4v.jpg:orig

D9xPpJYUwAA9p-d.jpg:orig

D9xKKlpUcAAnQKL.jpg:orig

lion_king_ver16_xxlg.jpg

lion_king_ver17_xlg.jpg

Imax 2D is the way to go with this one

Disney's ALADDIN Becomes The Third Film Of 2019 To Cross $800 Million At The Worldwide Box

A month into its wide theatrical release and Disney's live-action remake of Aladdin has had a strong staying power with audiences as it crosses another major box office milestone this weekend.

The film has earned $12.2 million over its fifth weekend in theaters, bringing its total domestic box office to $287.5 million and counting. The Disney film has been an even bigger hit with audiences overseas, currently having earned $522.6 million with its worldwide box office total crossing the $800 million mark at $810.1 million earned to date.

The Lion King soundtrack will be released digitally on July 11 and physically on July 19, the same day the film lands in theaters. Head over to Amazon to pre-order your copy now.

The Lion King (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack):

1. Lindiwe Mkhize/Lebo M – “Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama”
2. Hans Zimmer – “Life’s Not Fair”
3. Hans Zimmer – “Rafiki’s Fireflies”
4. JD McCrary/Shahadi Wright Joseph/John Oliver – “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
5. Hans Zimmer – “Elephant Graveyard”
6. Chiwetel Ejiofor – “Be Prepared (2019 Version)”
7. Hans Zimmer – “Stampede”
8. Hans Zimmer – “Scar Takes the Throne”
9. Billy Eichner/Seth Rogen/JD McCrary/Donald Glover – “Hakuna Matata”
10. Hans Zimmer – “Simba Is Alive!”
11. Billy Eichner/Seth Rogen – “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
12. Beyoncé/Donald Glover/Billy Eichner/Seth Rogen – “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
13. Hans Zimmer – “Reflections of Mufasa”
14. TBA
15. Hans Zimmer – “Battle for Pride Rock”
16. Hans Zimmer -“Remember”
17. Elton John – “Never Too Late”
18. Lebo M – “He Lives in You”
19. Lebo M- “Mbube”

THE LION KING Presales Outpacing All Other Disney Remakes; 2nd Best Of 2019 Behind AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Fandango is reporting that presales for Jon Favreau's hotly-awaited The Lion King are currently outpacing all other Disney remakes and are also the second-best of the 2019 calendar year, behind only Marvel's Avengers: Endgame.

The film is now the record-holder for best first day presales for a traditional Disney release (not including Marvel or Star Wars) and is pacing well ahead of 2017's Emma Watson/Dan Stevens-starrer Beauty and the Beast at the same point in its sales cycle. It's also well on its way to becoming the second-best advance ticket-seller of the year, following Marvel's aforementioned blockbuster.

[MEDIA

THE LION KING Presales Outpacing All Other Disney Remakes; 2nd Best Of 2019 Behind AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Fandango is reporting that presales for Jon Favreau's hotly-awaited The Lion King are currently outpacing all other Disney remakes and are also the second-best of the 2019 calendar year, behind only Marvel's Avengers: Endgame.

The film is now the record-holder for best first day presales for a traditional Disney release (not including Marvel or Star Wars) and is pacing well ahead of 2017's Emma Watson/Dan Stevens-starrer Beauty and the Beast at the same point in its sales cycle. It's also well on its way to becoming the second-best advance ticket-seller of the year, following Marvel's aforementioned blockbuster.

Tired of these articles lol. Toy story 4 was also “outpacing” Incredibles 2 in presales and ended up making $60mill less

Snagged XD tix for the fam the other day. I’m definitely all the way washed since I’m amped to be in there opening night. :lol:

Here me out on this...I don’t think Lion King grosses a billi. I’m pretty sure I’m wrong but something about it hasn’t sat well with me since the teaser. The OG is just too heralded.

I don’t know how singing and talking animals lends itself to a realistic setting. I’m not in love with the designs for the characters. Rafiki and Zazu look scary AF

The thing that bothers me is that they were lazy about facial expressions. Giving realistic looking animals facial expressions is possible. Just look at the most recent Planet of the Apes movies.

Exactly, they should’ve been a little more imaginative with the designs. Like with Jungle Book the hyper realistic look of Baloo, Louie and the others work because you have a human protagonist alongside them so there’s a real world element. With Lion King you don’t have that, it’s all animals. Giving them a little bit of the doughy Disney eyes would’ve went a long way because this movie is solely dependent on nostalgia to fill seats. You have to thread the needle. If you’re showing me a Lion singing in D minor than you can show me a Lion with a black mane and green eyes.

Back
Top Bottom