DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Mission Breakout was pretty cool. Got to ride it 3 times on Saturday with relatively short wait times. A different song plays every time you ride.

my guess is most APs a blacked out for memorial day weekend?

last week was the SoCal deal so they were in full capacity and had to turn some people away so less people are trying to get in this past weekend

Last edited:

last week was the SoCal deal so they were in full capacity and had to turn some people away so less people are trying to get in this past weekend

Yeah I was there Sat and Sunday and both days they closed ticket sales at some point.

Peep the line for pirates. This isn't foot traffic, it's the legit line. I was standing over by the Haunted Mansion when I took it.

View media item 2450150

Last edited:

Yeah I was there Sat and Sunday and both days they closed ticket sales at some point.

Peep the line for pirates. This isn't foot traffic, it's the legit line. I was standing over by the Haunted Mansion when I took it.

View media item 2450150
:smh:
i swear the crowds/lines are getting worse and worse
i can only imagine when star wars land opens :smh:

that's why they're considering charging $90-$100+ to enter it for the first couple of months :lol:

I think the crowd has just been harder to predict these past few seasons, the peak/non-peak pricing works I guess and crowds are usually huge when blackout dates are off for the lower tier AP holders, people flood the park after a long blackout spell

Didn't anyone ride tower of terror
When they did the lights out thing at night
Where it was just complete darkness
Couldn't even see my hands in front of me
My last trip in dec we rode it for the last time
And that was by far the best experience I ever had on tower of terror
It was so dope
Can't wait to ride guardians
Best version of the ride imo!

It was the last time I went on TZ: ToT 
frown.gif

that's why they're considering charging $90-$100+ to enter it for the first couple of months :lol:

I think the crowd has just been harder to predict these past few seasons, the peak/non-peak pricing works I guess and crowds are usually huge when blackout dates are off for the lower tier AP holders, people flood the park after a long blackout spell
U ain't lyin
I swear we used to have busy and slow days down packed
But now it's just always busy
I don't even bother with Disneyland half the time
I chill at DCA

now that DCAs going to become busy again (or at least have a little more things to do there) I might hang there more

I usually do DL the first half of the day and finish off by watching Frozen then having some lobster nachos + cocktails then hit up Racers, Midway (which could use a 3D update), a little bit more alcohol, Soarin', RiverRun and then off to whatever fireworks show/parade going on by that time

now got to add GotG to that list of what I usually hit up every visit

now that DCAs going to become busy again (or at least have a little more things to do there) I might hang there more

I usually do DL the first half of the day and finish off by watching Frozen then having some lobster nachos + cocktails then hit up Racers, Midway (which could use a 3D update), a little bit more alcohol, Soarin', RiverRun and then off to whatever fireworks show/parade going on by that time

now got to add GotG to that list of what I usually hit up every visit
i think i played out lobster nachos
i don't even like em anymore
i just mess with the buffalo wings

I don't go often enough to get tired of it but there's always the pizza, artichoke dip and sliders on the side so it doesn't get stale.

I stay from Buffalo wings because I don't like the sauce they use on them.

Only thing that's really annoying about the cove bars the wait, it's gotten way too popular.

They need to bring the dole whip cocktail on the DCA though, too lazy to go to the hotel to try it out :lol:

U ain't lyin
I chill at DCA
I worked there for a few years back in 2007. Off season was definitely a thing. January through March and late September through early November usually had 11-22k in the park. Crowds were non existent. I'm a pass holder now and went a few weeks ago at 10am and lines and crowds were already an issue.

that Shanghai investment paying off for Disney

Shanghai is becoming the most profitable Disneyland park in the world: Analyst

The first year of business for Disney's Shanghai theme park exceeded expectations for the company and Wall Street analysts alike.

"We were arguing that this was on pace to be the most profitable Disney park globally," Barton Crockett, senior analyst at FBR Capital Markets, told Squawk Box on Friday. "I believe we were above [Wall] Street at that time and I think everything's played out pretty close to what we thought."

Disney CEO Bob Iger said Friday that Disneyland Shanghai has seen over 11 million visitors in its first year and around half of the park's visitors are coming from outside Shanghai. Iger spent 17 years and $5.5 billion to make the Chinese theme park a reality, which ranks in the middle of Disney's parks for the number of annual visitors.

When the park opened, Crockett said Disneyland Shanghai would garner around 10 million visitors.

"The theme parks are the main driver of earnings growth right now for Disney, and Shanghai is really propelling a good chunk of that right now," Crockett added.

Disney CEO Iger Says Shanghai Disneyland Near Break-Even In First Year

ore than 11 million people have visited Walt Disney's (DIS) Shanghai theme park since it opened exactly a year ago, and the park is close to breaking even.

"We did say we hoped to break even; I can confirm that we will," Disney CEO Bob Iger told Bloomberg Television, calling it an "extraordinary achievement."

"I'm not sure that we've ever done that," he said. "We certainly haven't done it in the last 30 years for a new theme park, so that's quite extraordinary."

Iger said that half of the park's visitors are from the Shanghai region and the other half are from elsewhere in China.

Disney in May debuted its latest attraction at Walt Disney World in Florida, "Pandora — The World of Avatar", inspired by the nearly decade-old James Cameron film.

As the media conglomerate's media networks segment continues to receive scrutiny, some analysts argue that a slow-growth ESPN is the new normal and that Disney remains attractive because of its strong theme parks and studio segments.

Shanghai Disney also offers a chance for the entertainment giant to showcase its big move brands to Chinese audiences, including Marvel superhero movies and Star Wars.

And Disney also finally got back full control of Disney Paris

Walt Disney Company completes take-over of Disneyland Paris Resort

The Walt Disney Company today announced that it has purchased more than 97 percent of the shares of Euro Disney SCA, the holding company that officially owns the Disneyland Paris Resort. Earlier this year, Disney made a €2 a share offer to buy outstanding shares in the company, after buying out its largest remaining individual outside investor.

Disney needed to get to 95 percent ownership in order to remove the stock from trading and to implement a mandatory buy-out of the remaining shares in the company. Disney exceeded that target and today announced that it will complete that mandatory buy-out — at the same €2 a share price — by June 19.

This completes the process of Disney assuming full ownership of what has become its most disappointing multi-gate theme park resort. Hobbled by decreasing tourism in Paris, due to to fears of terrorism coupled with sluggish economic performance in much of Europe, Disneyland Paris has not helped its cause in recent years with any major new attractions that have wowed fans.

With outside investors no longer in the picture to muddle financial planning, Disney is now free to spend whatever management feels it can justify to boost the park, however it wishes to spend it. Disneyland Paris recently refreshed several areas of the park in preparation for the recently-launched 25th anniversary celebration. With clear rights to use Marvel characters, as well as Star Wars, in Paris, Disney has the ability to expand the presence of its most popular franchises at the resort.

The Disneyland Paris Resort will be the first of Disney's theme park resorts outside the United States to be wholly owned by the company. Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland are jointly owned with local governments, and the Tokyo Disney Resort is wholly owned by Oriental Land Co. and operated under license from Disney.

Rival Universal in 2015 paid US1.5 billion to buy a controlling stake in USJ Co., which owns Universal Studios Japan, and in 2011 bought out former partner Blackstone Group to take full ownership of Universal Orlando. That leaves Universal Studios Singapore as the only Universal park not majority-owned by Universal parent Comcast.

Last edited:
Probably going to be raining when I go to DW but that's what ponchos are for! 
laugh.gif

hate those ponchos, I usually have one of those packable hoodies for such occasions

U ain't lyin
I chill at DCA
I worked there for a few years back in 2007. Off season was definitely a thing. January through March and late September through early November usually had 11-22k in the park. Crowds were non existent. I'm a pass holder now and went a few weeks ago at 10am and lines and crowds were already an issue.
i wish disney woulda been thinking long term and bought out all the surrounding land
they need to make it bigger

I think they pretty much have except they aren't just expanding the park, but building more hotels instead

what makes it difficult to expand is that the freeways are too close to the northeast side of Disneyland so they only could expand westward but that means destroying the parking and moving it farther and moving it a block west means it's going to be next to a school and I am not sure Anaheim would approve that or at least there would be protests

going south is an option but that's a DCA expansion that already have too many dead locations so an expansion shouldn't even be an idea until they fill it out with a bunch of new Marvel stuff and even then it requires removing the convention center (which helps them out a lot when there's an event) and a block away is another school

I like the idea of them removing some stores from Adventureland as that part is always a bottleneck for crowds, so they are doing something about it at least

Last edited:
I think they pretty much have except they aren't just expanding the park, but building more hotels instead

what makes it difficult to expand is that the freeways are too close to the northeast side of Disneyland so they only could expand westward but that means destroying the parking and moving it farther and moving it a block west means it's going to be next to a school and I am not sure Anaheim would approve that or at least there would be protests

going south is an option but that's a DCA expansion that already have too many dead locations so an expansion shouldn't even be an idea until they fill it out with a bunch of new Marvel stuff and even then it requires removing the convention center (which helps them out a lot when there's an event) and a block away is another school

I like the idea of them removing some stores from Adventureland as that part is always a bottleneck for crowds, so they are doing something about it at least
I always thought that they could expand next to toon town?

those buildings might be essential offices that can't be moved or the space behind ToonTown might be too small for a new fully realized land

Star Wars Land is at least 3x the size of the space behind ToonTown without getting too close to the freeways

View media item 2470527

it's actually a lot bigger that many anticipated once they started digging up dirt
View media item 2470530

Last edited:
U ain't lyin
I chill at DCA
i wish disney woulda been thinking long term and bought out all the surrounding land
they need to make it bigger

They do own a lot of land around the park. They also bought the Carousel Inn not too long ago. Anaheim can eventually use eminent domain to clear up space for Disney.

Toon town is being saved for a Fantasyland expansion.

You think they'll demolish ToonTown? Kind of hard to imagine as that's a spot you can just dump the youngest of the young and the parents gets to take a breather :lol:

I am not sure what they'd want to do in Fantasyland though, they need to focus more on DCA.

Back
Top Bottom