Do anyone of you feel weird wearing a new pair of shoes for the 1st time?

Why Feel weird? New sneakers is a wonderful feeling
pimp.gif

Depends wether the shoe is narrow, wide, Hi top, strap, just depends on what ur use to play with.......

The first wear is always rough, but i'm SUPER DUPER anal, when i get home i air them out, have shoe trees for every pair and Mr Clean Eraser and scrub the bottoms lol

The first wear is always rough, but i'm SUPER DUPER anal, when i get home i air them out, have shoe trees for every pair and Mr Clean Eraser and scrub the bottoms lol

i felt that way with my aqua 8's...i didn't wear them til' like a month later but i told myself i would get them again if anything happens cause they're my fave sneakers. im glad to see im not the only one that thought like that lol

Haha yeah I get that weird feeling all the time when it comes to new basketball shoes. Besides Foamposites and Kobes, I tend to try to stay away from creasing the shoes for the first few minutes and run around them casually before I start to really play in them. But I know what you mean. It`s cause your making a ds pair un-deadstock. Aha I get that feeling when I rock any new shoes. It just becomes a habit after you start collecting shoes.

Depending on how you feel about them, buying used shoes may ease that "weirdness." I personally have an easier time rocking shoes that I purchased VNDS than breaking out a new pair, and they're cheaper too.

i sold my anniversary xi because i didnt even want to open the box as to no get them dirty. even asked the guy who bought them to wash his hands before we met up
laugh.gif
:

I just worry that they will crease correctly to the shape of my foot...not taking a sideways step first and getting the wrong bend...

Not sure if that made sense...

I find myself walking awkwardly when I have new shoes on. It's feels like all the attention is on my feet. Hard to explain.

i have a pair of lebron VI and lebron VII ps sitting in my wardrobe. Keep telling myself to wear them. Keep giving myself an excuse not to. I don't want ot get them dirty, thats the main reason.

It depends if i plan on selling the pair or not.
If i know for sure I'm keeping the pair forever, then i just wear them.
If i plan to sell the pair then when i wear the shoes, I try not to crease it or get too much heel drag on it

according to lebron he has no problem wearing new shoes. in fact every single game he plays in, he laces up in brand new kicks.
i love wearing brand new shoes. if i could id be in new shoes every single day.

Originally Posted by justinsan

according to lebron he has no problem wearing new shoes. in fact every single game he plays in, he laces up in brand new kicks.
i love wearing brand new shoes. if i could id be in new shoes every single day.

Well, Lebron has a !#+% ton of money to buy multiple pairs of what he's already got. lol I DONT haha.

I look at my shoes like a hott girl....Why spend money on em if your never gonna take em out and show em off. and hey, If I mess it up, I can always get a new girl to spend money on. Although I do have a couple of pairs that I am TERRIFIED of wearing outside....Sometimes, I put on a pair of some shoes that i THOUGHT i wanted to keep deadstock when I first got em, got to the door and thought, "Damn, as soon as I wear these out, they are gonna be DS anymore..." So i took em off and wore a pair that has already been worn before. I guess i'm just afraid of losing that resale value when i un-DS a pair of kicks. Like my DMP XI's...I've ALMOST worn em out of the house multiple times, but I can't bring myself to un-DSing them. But i guess I can always buy another pair down the road...either that, or buy a pair thats already been worn, wear those, and keep mine DS....i don't know...my thought process when it comes to wearing brand new shoes is crazy....does anyone else think like this?

Sorry for the journal entry, Just kind of rambling.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom