do guys really spend $1000 on THESE? seriously?

seth k

Banned
Christian-Louboutin-Mens-Sneakers-00-500x370.jpg

im not in la or nyc so I have trouble grasping who spends a rack on these and why. Like I can see maybe chris brown wearing these on stage, but he's a millionaire entertainer. Obviously there are regular dudes buying these though? I can't imagine any place these would be acceptable for anyone older than 17. But since they're $1000 I assume guys in their 20s and 30s cop. Are junior bankers at Goldman with soho studios buying these? Are girls impressed by these? od ostentatious.

Originally Posted by seth k

Christian-Louboutin-Mens-Sneakers-00-500x370.jpg
im not in la or nyc so I have trouble grasping who spends a rack on these and why. Like I can see maybe chris brown wearing these on stage. But he's a millionaire entertainer. Obvious there are regular dudes buying these though? I can't imagine any place these would be acceptable for anyone older than 17. But since they're $1000 so I assume guys in their 20s and 30s cop. Are junior bankers with soho studios buying these?
Sure you can...and it's easy to see where you're going w. this thread. 

in my opinion shoes made by louis vuitton or ysl or CL may not appeal to a lot of people, especially with their high pricing but from experience these shoes are
pimp.gif
in quality.

I would never buy shoes with spiked studs on them.  Look in the designer shoe thread, you'll be surprised at the stuff those guys buy.

If it fits your style then by all means do you.

The people can rock these well are the people who wear their clothes and dont let the clothes wear them.

These are ugly IMO but people buy what they like & you can't change that.

no im not spending money on those

they are always sold out/hard to find

what are you doing on NIKETALK? ppl spend 500+ on nikes thes days you can say that for a lot of things

do ppl really spend 4 dollars on gas? yes, its 2012 now man, foams are no longer 179.99

Originally Posted by ispeakjewleo

Never understood that either, those shoes are ugly. 

Truth. 
Don't care who makes them. It's not about the price either, this is NT after all. 

I'm sure if these weren't whatever brand they were then they wouldn't sell out. People probably say that about J's though.

I don't have that pair, but I do have a pair of Louboutin Rantus I got for my birthday last year. Would I have bought them with my own money? Probably not, I would rather buy a pair of Yeezys or Louis Vuitton Just Dons.
But I'm not sure what your intention is with this thread. If you think they're ugly that's fine. Someone else thinks they're nice and would be more than happy to spend 1000 dollars on that high quality pair of sneakers. Most people that would buy or even look at buying those would have no problem spending 1000 dollars so I obviously see why you would have a problem buying these.

Originally Posted by gConquer

in my opinion shoes made by louis vuitton or ysl or CL may not appeal to a lot of people, especially with their high pricing but from experience these shoes are
pimp.gif
in quality.
yep, what I dont get is people paying $250 plus for shoes with fake leather

A lot of people can't understand why some people wait in line for the opportunity to pay $230+ for some shoes that "look like moonboots."

Different instances of the same thing. Don't lose sight of the big picture.

lets be clear

those in the right CW can go hard

the ones posted, ill pass on

I was at a party and this white boy had on some low top version of those. my drunk asz almost stepped on his shoe. i know he woulda been pissed 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Af1 Jordan collecterz

I don't think there's any question that people are buying "red bottoms" for people to notice. But who appreciates these shoes?

Originally Posted by seth k

Originally Posted by Af1 Jordan collecterz

I don't think there's any question that people are buying "red bottoms" for people to notice. But who appreciates these shoes?
Out of all the replies you chose that one to reply to. Can you use logic for a second? There are billions of people on this planet. We're all different. There are gonna be people with money, that like those. Kinda how there is plenty of people who don't have money, and still find a way to wait 24 hours in line for a pair of plastic basketball sneakers.

I personally do not own a pair and never will, I just do not see where I would wear them but for the guys in the know... You don't
buy these shoes bc you like them, you buy them bc SHE likes them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I thought this was gonna be about the Galaxy Foams.

$150-200 basketball shoes have been copped by highschoolers for 20 years. $1000 spikey sneakers with red soles worn by 20-35 y/o is a new phenomenon. Why are men buying these and who are they impressing?

Back
Top Bottom