Do Kids still skip school or come back at lunch w/the new Jordans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped for the VIIIs senior year.
Homie took me to the mall at lunch.
My main squeeze at the time gave me the bread.
Then she skipped for me to have the '93 OG Barkleys,
Michigan Wolverines Fab Five style.
It goes down.

bootleg ed wrote:

Originally Posted by King Lincey

Posted in the wrong forum...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Well genius what forum would a thread about JORDANS, and the joy of copping them go into. Quit being a hall monitor its not a good look.

roll.gif
^
yeah, i remember that. i never got to do it though. partly because my mom wasen't gonna let me skip school for no sneakers and once i started driving, ididn't get to do it because i would never know the date that they were coming out. everybody would come in school around 11 with new jays and the ones thatdidn't get them would be soooo mad. by the time school let out and you would try and go cop, they would be sold out.
people don't be on jays like that no more. at least not where i'm from. people still cop, but back then, it was a MUST cop.

i remember it was a tuesday and the og flint XIII's dropped and everybody in school was rockin em. then we played our biggest rival in basketball thatnight and everybody from that school was rockin em too. their whole basketball team had em on too. it was crazy. flints all over the place.

Hey, if Jays still released on weekdays I would ditch lunch, cop, then be back before class starts. My HS is only 10 minutes away from NTSF by bus
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

when the Spacejams dropped, i skipped half a day of school and came to school with them on...broke necks like hell that day
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Same release, different scenario for me...

The mall was literally across the street from my old high school and I found out the Footlocker was gonna open early for the SJ release.
eek.gif

I realized they were gonna open right as my 2nd period class was over... that was the longest physics class EVER.
laugh.gif

Soon as the bell ragn, I ran (literally) across a fairly heavy traffic 4-lane road, through the parking lot, and up to Footlocker.

I copped my size and carried around my Space Jams to every class showin' them off.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I remember when people used to do that.
I could never cop cause I was always too broke.
pimp.gif
to the people that rocked em when they came back to school though

versache530,
I remember the OG Flint XIII release. That day i was trying my best to put on an act so that my mother could get them for me.
I acted like i was sick so that i did not have to go to school for the first couple of hours, I was acting like i was going to cry in the car and everythinglol. I was in the 7th grade back then just starting junior high school however i knew that if i would go to school that day i would feel bad because everybodyelse had them except for me. Moms was thinking about getting them for me but when she came back to the car after a doctors appointment or something she told mesomething like this, "Ok, you can get the shoes or this consumers bill paid, which one?" I was thinking like, "I will take the shoes i dont careabout consumers" Then she said, "You know if the bill is not paid you wont have electricity and your sisters will be mad at you plus we will all becold." "Your not getting the shoes right now!" After she told me that in the nicest way possible lol she then took me to school if i recallcorrectly.

Almost all of the older kids at my high school had them, I almost got them from eastbay because i asked my mother when she was intoxicated and she told me thati could get them. That whole plan didnt work out like i wanted it to though.

Its all good though, those memories are incredible to me as i appreciate them alot!

I made sure that i purchased 2 pairs of the Flint XIII Retros when they dropped.

i remember when the space jams dropped in 2k... my school was a ghost town that day
laugh.gif

i guess people would do that for sbs bc they can drop whenever. but not for jordans anymore as they drop......well you know
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

versache530,
I remember the OG Flint XIII release. That day i was trying my best to put on an act so that my mother could get them for me.
I acted like i was sick so that i did not have to go to school for the first couple of hours, I was acting like i was going to cry in the car and everything lol. I was in the 7th grade back then just starting junior high school however i knew that if i would go to school that day i would feel bad because everybody else had them except for me. Moms was thinking about getting them for me but when she came back to the car after a doctors appointment or something she told me something like this, "Ok, you can get the shoes or this consumers bill paid, which one?" I was thinking like, "I will take the shoes i dont care about consumers" Then she said, "You know if the bill is not paid you wont have electricity and your sisters will be mad at you plus we will all be cold." "Your not getting the shoes right now!" After she told me that in the nicest way possible lol she then took me to school if i recall correctly.

Almost all of the older kids at my high school had them, I almost got them from eastbay because i asked my mother when she was intoxicated and she told me that i could get them. That whole plan didnt work out like i wanted it to though.

Its all good though, those memories are incredible to me as i appreciate them alot!

I made sure that i purchased 2 pairs of the Flint XIII Retros when they dropped.
lol, that's a funny story. wish i could say the same for myself. i'm still trying to cop a pair.

The last on was the blk/red 13s and boi did hell break loose in my city.... Kids were drivin back to school wit their kicks and gettin robbed a gun point inparking lots, a riot broke loose at the mall, and kids was gettin jumped 4 em n skool

I aint wear mine 4 a whole month cuz cats was wildin over those joints

Naw. Like everybody else is saying...Saturday = no school, no prblems. There's an age difference on this one though. My cousin says he did it when he wasin HS. The last J's he did that for was some XI's, if my math is correct. In my book, he's old!
laugh.gif

when the 14's came out a while ago dudes did it one dude got his straight deboed it was hilarious b

I skip(rarely), but not to cop jays b/c they come out on saturday. I think the citrus VII came out on wednesday but it was over the summer so I was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom