Do Latinos Really Go As Hard With Jordans As People Make Us Out To...?

Maybe it's because I am in fact Latino, but I never really noticed this until recently.  According to what I hear from customers in the West Philly sneaker store I work at and from random conversations in general, people say that Latinos go overboard when it comes to rocking Jordan footwear.  Has anybody else heard anything that adds up to this stereotype? 
nerd.gif

I live in NC and I have definitely seen them go hard with the Jordan gear all Jordan gear down to the slides. Team Jordans and all of that. They seem to love it.

Yes. And I work in a shoe store.

Not being racist... just throwing out what I've witnessed ...

Black people will come out for Retro Jordans and that's about it.

Everything else... from the As You Go... to the True Flight... to the Team elite... to anything you can think of, mexicans cop including Retro .

Somebody's buying those Jordan's. They don't just sit there and collect dust.

Plus, alotta times, when money is an issue, their parents don't know much about them, so.they'll get their kid anything that has a jumpman on it.

Black parents will mostly go in tbr opposite direction, like forces or polos, because they only really care about Jordan's with a number and those are the highest ones.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Yes. And I work in a shoe store.

Black people will come out for Retro Jordans with fakes and that's about it.

Everything else... from the As You Go... to the True Flight... to the Team elite... to anything you can think of,they cop.

Plus, alotta times, their parents don't know much about them, so.they'll get their kid anything that has a jumpman on it.

Black patents will mostly go in tbr opposite direction, like forces or polos, because they only really care about Jordan's with a number and those are the highest ones.
I usually see them rocking fakes. Just sayin'

Originally Posted by three6mafia

aside from a friend of mine, i dont think ive ever seen another latino wear jordans.

wut?
laugh.gif
 where do you live, breh?

Yea, I live in Houston and it seems like they'll buy ANYTHING with a jumpman on it.

$@++, I aint mad, more power to them. Its hard enough as it is to get some Js on release.

Originally Posted by Jaehow

I live in the bay area CA...it's Asians out this way.
Yeah pretty much. More specifically, it's taper fade havin Filipinos that OD on the footwear..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Jaehow

I live in the bay area CA...it's Asians out this way.
Yeah pretty much. More specifically, it's taper fade havin Filipinos that OD on the footwear..

bruh *claps twice*

them too.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Black people will come out for Retro Jordans and that's about it.

Everything else... from the As You Go... to the True Flight... to the Team elite... to anything you can think of, mexicans cop including Retro .

Plus, alotta times, when money is an issue, their parents don't know much about them, so.they'll get their kid anything that has a jumpman on it.
This is def true in my area.  

I gotta say yeah. And when I was younger quite a few of the Latino kids would go hard with the lace swapping to match their Jordans too.

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

if L.E.S stands for lower east side then you should already know why people say this

roll.gif
eMBrawler is originally from the dirty south.... he doesn't wanna associate with us "yankess" (like he would say lol)

Its funny when latinos act racist yet they got on jordans.... and listening to BLACK RAPPERS and all their role models are black athletes and entertainers

In the Bay, it is pretty rare. Most of them tend to wear lower priced shoes. But the few who do rock J's, rock them hard. 

Back
Top Bottom