Do NikeTowns perform real vs fake checks?

I got a buyer who opened a dispute because the leather on the pair of 88s I sold him doesn't match the leather on his white cements. I knew this would be a easy and quick dispute as this is the dumbest dispute ever when he could have just googled it real quick. 

He claims he took them to his local NikeTown and they said they were FAKES. And they gave him "points". He says he will upload a file on the dispute later.... I am assuming he found a picture of this and decided to change the date or name or name of shoes using photoshop or something. 

My question for the Jordan fake check forum on NikeTalk is, is this even possible? I never knew you could walk into a Nike store, take up a employees time and the clueless employee just decides to confirm they are fake for him. I mean, they sold out online instantly, and the ones that were at the Nike stores were all sold same day as release as well. I highly doubt the average Nike employee actually decided to buy a pair and knows what they are talking about...

Please let me know. This might be the final blow to make me stop trying to sell my shoes. If it is that easy to get "points" directly from the manufacturer confirming they are "fakes". 

post pix of the shoes you sold him? Are you 1000000% positive they are legit? Like did you personally buy them at FL or somewhere? I mean no disrespect just trying to get a little more info.. Also what is this "points" thing you are talking about? Im not familiar.

The shoes are 100% authentic. I still remember the morning I punched my friend to wake up who slept over to get on his laptop so we could get them on NikeStore while I got mine on my desktop. 

And idk what "points" he is talking about either. He simply said he went to his local NikeTown and they gave him "points" and he was going to upload a file. I'm not new to selling sneakers, but I've never heard of this.... 

Even if you don't know what "points" he is talking about, do NikeTowns even do legit checks? I mean if they did, what would be the point of forums dedicated to legit checks. This whole thing just caught me off guard. 

The shoes are 100% authentic. I still remember the morning I punched my friend to wake up who slept over to get on his laptop so we could get them on NikeStore while I got mine on my desktop. 

And idk what "points" he is talking about either. He simply said he went to his local NikeTown and they gave him "points" and he was going to upload a file. I'm not new to selling sneakers, but I've never heard of this.... 

Even if you don't know what "points" he is talking about, do NikeTowns even do legit checks? I mean if they did, what would be the point of forums dedicated to legit checks. This whole thing just caught me off guard. 
Im sure it was not an official LC.. prob a few dudes that just work theres opinions it sounds like to me. An we all know just cause you work @ FL  or NT dont  mean you know s**t... He may be talking about pointers? Like to tell legit vs GM or something..

I would advise you to post pix of the exact pair you sold him here.. Let us LC them confirming they are legit and use this thread as your proof maybe? Dont tell the back story just do a LC. good luck. 

Really just looking to see if NikeTowns do legit checks. A legit check isn't necessary as his file will must likely just be nothing or something he forged. If it doesn't have a reference number ebay can call nike and confirm with, it will fall through as not solid evidence. 

Stores don't do legit checks. Asking an employee at NikeTown is no better than asking people who post online. Some employees at sneaker stores are no more than 15 years old working their first job. What certifies them to LC anything. 

If you bought your kicks online from the NikeStore there is no need to upload your pictures here you already know they are legit. Just make the guy send you back your shoes and give him his money back. You'll get someone else to buy them. The sneaker game is crazy these days. I don't know how someone can expect a mass produced shoe that is made from thousands of sheets of fabric/leather being cut by machines to match up exactly to another pair of shoes. 

These fraud online sellers have got everyone paranoid to the point where people are matching up threads and glue smears LOL. 

Back
Top Bottom