Do NOT link to videos or sites containing profanity.

that video was real interesting. I didn't know youtube partners fake their suspension just to get more views and subs. that's crazy.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Smart dude.

I personally believe Google is purposefully keeping Youtube unprofitable for the time being so that they have an excuse to completely restructure the pricing and posting system of the website.

Youtube could easily make changes to bring in billions in revenue instead of losing hundreds of millions.
how would they make money? that has been a long debate. what are their options? who wants to see ads in videos? who is willing to pay to post? but i'm pretty sure companies pay them to put their content on front page.
grin.gif

Ads at the ends of videos.

Creative banners

Setting up a paid system with exclusive content like cable television.

There are a bunch things that they could do.

I know I would pay $25 a year to watch some high quality content a la HBO from up and coming production outlets on youtube. Even 3 dollars a year from 300million viewers = 100's of millions in profit

YT >>> Television.

Even the option to download DRM protected videos. Look how many YT download sites are all over the net.

Highlighting different content like Chi City said. Create channels for different topics, comedy, religion, sports, music etc. That way you can more effectivelyguide viewers to the quality accounts in any particular category. Gaining loyal subscribers and bringing in revenue.

As it stands, they have millions of videos just sitting on servers draining millions of dollars.

Get them videos that have been on for 2 years with 12 hits out of there, unless people pay for server space.

Hulu came out of the gate profitable. Youtube is lunching,

^

SMH, It's dudes like you to blame for the position we are in as a society, he is informing the public with an interesting easy to follow approach and stillthere's folks as yourself who have to say something negative for NO REASON WHATSOEVER (yes I'm mad)

PROPS TO MR.CHI-CITY MANE IF YOU SOMEHOW READ THIS KEEP DOING YOU! If more people realized the mechanics of things as he tries to explain them things would bemuch better.

It's folks like you that youtube is speaking on saying "our viewers have very short attention spans" you are the TOOL homie.

Originally Posted by DR813

that video was real interesting. I didn't know youtube partners fake their suspension just to get more views and subs. that's crazy.
Didn't know that either but now that he revealed that, I know a couple of YT members that followed that exact same pattern.

Falling hits,, offensive video, suspension, new name, me against YT video and comeback with 2 pages, the old one and the new one.

Every company uses talented people to make themselves money, in this case Google/Youtube is trying to employ users who create interesting videos and I reallydont see the problem with it..If you want to get paid you sign, if not you dont..Thats business, isnt it?

Google bought Youtube from its creators for $1.65B a little more than a year after it debuted..I guess they could see the complications with turning a profitcoming and decided to sell early...Smart move I guess..

Originally Posted by DMan14

Smart dude.

I personally believe Google is purposefully keeping Youtube unprofitable for the time being so that they have an excuse to completely restructure the pricing and posting system of the website.

Youtube could easily make changes to bring in billions in revenue instead of losing hundreds of millions.
how would they make money? that has been a long debate. what are their options? who wants to see ads in videos? who is willing to pay to post? but i'm pretty sure companies pay them to put their content on front page.
grin.gif

Ads at the ends of videos.

Creative banners

Setting up a paid system with exclusive content like cable television.

There are a bunch things that they could do.

I know I would pay $25 a year to watch some high quality content a la HBO from up and coming production outlets on youtube. Even 3 dollars a year from 300 million viewers = 100's of millions in profit

YT >>> Television.

Even the option to download DRM protected videos. Look how many YT download sites are all over the net.

Highlighting different content like Chi City said. Create channels for different topics, comedy, religion, sports, music etc. That way you can more effectively guide viewers to the quality accounts in any particular category. Gaining loyal subscribers and bringing in revenue.

As it stands, they have millions of videos just sitting on servers draining millions of dollars.

Get them videos that have been on for 2 years with 12 hits out of there, unless people pay for server space.

Hulu came out of the gate profitable. Youtube is lunching,
Preach.

Good post

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Every company uses talented people to make themselves money, in this case Google/Youtube is trying to employ users who create interesting videos and I really dont see the problem with it..If you want to get paid you sign, if not you dont..Thats business, isnt it?

Google bought Youtube from its creators for $1.65B a little more than a year after it debuted..I guess they could see the complications with turning a profit coming and decided to sell early...Smart move I guess..

you guys are seriously missing the point. It's the fact that a lot of these people hosting these videos are frauds.

^Get it in Ohio..

Whats up with the Israeli flag though...they the ones hunting down on Chit City..

Its a Wrap!!!!!!

Internet Illuminati going to give his IP a virus

But yea its internet marketing he just exposing some tricks the white man been using. Word to CPAs

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Why is this so shocking?

Youtube is a company. This is a capitalistic system. The goal here is to make money.

It always amazes me when people think corporations are their friends, looking out for them.
This same goes for the people that think JB is crap when all they're doing really doing is figuring out ways to make the most money byspending the least amount of money and that my friend is called the Product Frontier JB and Youtube have almost reached this point props to them.
pimp.gif
Companies can only wish they were doing the same thing as Youtube/JB. Big ups toChi though.

Definitely Mr. Chi City, is an interesting character nevertheless. Also a lot of what he mentioned also makes sense, considering the trends a lot of people inthis posts and those I've observed from watching a lot of YT videos these past few years has come to. With that said, hopefully some change can come out ofthis.

Back
Top Bottom