Do online job applications work?

I'm looking for a part-time anywhere until I transfer to a new school in nine months. I've probably filled out 50+ since the New Year started and have not gotten any callbacks.  Do I just suck or what?  Should I try calling in a few days after my application and asking them if they received my app?  My homie said to keep calling them so they get familiar with your name.
What do you guys think?!

I'm looking for a part-time anywhere until I transfer to a new school in nine months. I've probably filled out 50+ since the New Year started and have not gotten any callbacks.  Do I just suck or what?  Should I try calling in a few days after my application and asking them if they received my app?  My homie said to keep calling them so they get familiar with your name.
What do you guys think?!

Keep doing it. It seems that everyone only does online applications these days. Keep it up! Hope you find something.

Keep doing it. It seems that everyone only does online applications these days. Keep it up! Hope you find something.

Yep work for me. Yea there is nothing wrong with calling, if they havent contacted you in a week.

Yep work for me. Yea there is nothing wrong with calling, if they havent contacted you in a week.

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Yeah. That's how I got my job with Apple. Always follow up when you call online though

Huh?
u know what he meant
grin.gif

I gave up on filling applications online. I feel like they don't check it as often as if you would go and personally drop off the application at the place, and directly to the manager's hands. Calling seems like your best way to verify that they've received your application and be persistent that they got your application. It doesn't hurt to show how badly you're interested, unless if they just find you straight annoying.

I gave up on filling applications online. I feel like they don't check it as often as if you would go and personally drop off the application at the place, and directly to the manager's hands. Calling seems like your best way to verify that they've received your application and be persistent that they got your application. It doesn't hurt to show how badly you're interested, unless if they just find you straight annoying.

Back
Top Bottom